Devon Seafood + Steak

Cuisine: Seafood, Bar, Steak

Devon Seafood + Steak is a Seafood, Bar, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Great food friendly people proximity to home. Will be back"
  • 2/16/2014

A Seafood food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food friendly people proximity to home. Will be back
eryngo photo

eryngo

Lobster-hater now loves lobster

Although… I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not! But it does speak to the trust and faith that Devon has been able to cultivate in their client base, thanks to great dishes and consistent quality. Would you walk into a restaurant, purposely order something you dislike and trust them to do such a good job of it that you’ll actually love it?

1/2 lb. Lobster Tail

My out-of-state friend insists on coming to Devon every time he’s in town. This time around, he was feeling adventurous and opted for the lobster tail. Shellfish in general repulses him… he won’t go near a scallop.

Well, now he’s a fan (and says that he reserves the right to be a hypocrite)!

Center Cut Filet & Scallops with Roasted Cauliflower and Grilled Asparagus

Of course, excellent as always!

lb8er photo

lb8er

Seafood done right

Devon’s was very accommodating and provided our group of 7 with one of the private dining rooms. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. All of the food came out hot and delicious and at the same time and we were all able to have a leisurely dinner without feeling rushed. My dinner, drink and dessert were all very tasty and I would definitely go back.

Seared Georges Bank Scallops at Devon Seafood + Steak

Seared Georges Bank Scallops

I had the scallops which were mesquite grilled with 2 sides, lemon & asparagus risotto and apple & celery root slaw. The plate came out piping hot with 6 large scallops. The scallops were cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth. The slaw was light and delicious. However I was a bit disappointed with the risotto as it was a little clumpy and not much flavor.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Best Fresh Seafood Menu - Devons Seafood Grill

This restaurant prides itself on “catch of the day” menu – whatever is in season. The freshness of the fish shines.

As part of a Menuism group – we chose this restaurant as our sponsored dinner. I have been to this restaurant before and have never been disapponted. We did have a private room reserved for the 7 in attendance.

They feature many specials during the week including Fashionable early – starter, main and desert for $19. Happy Hours are 6 days a week with a special Bar Bite Menu.

Shrimp Enchaladas

For a starter I had Goat Cheese Bruschetta. It was served with a tomato-basil cruda, focaccia crisps, with kalamata olives and some greens.
For my main course I chose Chipolte Grilled Shrimp Enchiladas in
sweet corn-jalapeño crepes, served with corn and black bean relish, jicama-lime salad, pico de gallo. The jicama was crunchy with a hint of line – perfect complment to the shrimp. I loved it.

Even though I didn’t think I had room for desert — couldn’t resist the Chocolate lava Cake.Served with raspberries and hazelnut ice cream. Perfect finish to the meal.

TerDickison photo

TerDickison

Love this restaurant

It always seems to be that when you go to a restaurant with high hopes and the expectations of a good meal, those hopes get dashed but when you’re in a hurry and you just go into whatever is closest so that you can fill your tummy, your mind gets blown by how good it was.

That was what happened with me at Devon Seafood Grill at Bayshore Mall. I was shopping with a friend and we were literally at the store next door when we just figured we would go to Devon’s because it was right there.

The atmosphere is the exact atmosphere I love in a restaurant – it doesn’t look like every other restaurant you’ve ever been in (I’m talking to you every Greek/Albanian/Armenian/whatever restaurant in Milwaukee), it’s dark and intimate, and you have no idea you’re in the middle of a busy shopping center.

The service was quite excellent here. The type of service where you don’t even have to ask for refills on your drink – they just show up. I also liked that the check arrived in a timely fashion and I didn’t have to go chasing someone down for it. I was also pleasantly surprised at how affordable it is to eat there. I imagine if you’re going whole hog with lobster and steak and so forth, you could rack up a bill eventually but my lunch was very affordable. I spent maybe $5 more than I would have at an Applebee’s or Ruby Tuesday.

I ordered the Almond Encrusted Tilapia with asparagus and assorted berries (see review below). I was extremely happy with it.

This restaurant also has valet parking in the front. I didn’t use it as I was already walking around shopping but it’s a nice feature.

Almond Crusted Tilapia

I’ll admit I’m a bit of a fish snob so it takes some effort to impress me as far as fish is concerned. It’s my favorite thing to order in a restaurant (above steak, shrimp, lobster or other assorted meats).

The almond crusted Tilapia was superb. It was cooked perfectly and the almond crust lent just the right amount of crunch and flavor to the fish. It was served in an “orange buerre blanc” sauce. As I had no idea what this is, I had to look it up – it’s a French sauce reduced from shallots with an acid such as white wine and oranges in this case mixed with butter. What was great about it was that it wasn’t overpowering and went perfectly with fish. It just melted in your mouth. I also love asparagus and it was braised perfectly.

The most pleasant surprise with this dish, though, is that it is served with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries. The sweetness of the berries combined with the fish and the sauce was to die for. I would never have thought to put those things together (which is why I imagine Tony Hargrove the executive chef has his job and I don’t:). I plan on stealing this idea and using it at home.

4foodsnobs2 photo

4foodsnobs2

Happy Hour fabulous

End of summer- out on the patio- for $6 appetizer’s- with a bunch of friends – is the way to go. So extremely relaxing after a hard day at the office. Only wish it was summer now.

Mussels

Gotta love Mussels when they are done right. Seconds matter when steaming the delicacies. Service must be swift for Mussels to hit your tong at perfection.

CDW_CDW photo

CDW_CDW

Milwaukee, WI

Good food. Great ambiance.

Devon’s is an excellent choice for lunch, a date, group outing, a celebration or any occasion.

The service is usually top notch and the food is prepared consistently aligned with the prices charged. It’s easy to make this a go-to dining option.

Maryland Style Crab Cakes

Packed with crab! Tastefully seasoned. Always consistently good. The green apple slaw that comes with it is a different twist on coleslaw.

May 2, 2013

Awesome place, been here once a month and never been disappointed. Perfect place for a romantic dinner too.

Seafood Bar Good for groups
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Sun 10:00AM - 09:00PM
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Sun 10:00AM - 02:00PM (Brunch)
04:00PM - 07:00PM (Happy hour (bar only) Mon - Fri 4pm - 7pm, Sun 2pm - Close)
B5ipwm76wr4iggeje4dzty
eryngo

At6h7-kigr4pkieje5enyr
Tigercobra

Mequon, WI

Akq5henm8r4p-peje9aszr
cinnamongirl

Devon Seafood + Steak  Restaurant Reviews

Devon Seafood + Steak is located near the cities of River Hills, Fox Point, Whitefish Bay, and Brown Deer.
People found this by searching for: Devon Seafood Grill Bayshore Dresscode, Devon Seafood Grill, Seafood Mac And Cheese, Seafood Tartare, Devon Bayshore, Devons Seafood Bayshore, Lobster Mac N Cheese, Seafood Mac N Cheese, and Devon Crab Mac And Cheese.