Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace

Neighborhoods: Downtown Columbus
Cuisine: Lunch, Vegan, Catering

Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace is a Lunch, Vegan, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Francescocece photo

Francescocece

Sarasota, FL

The Hot Dog and Mingle Joint

My Great American visit to Columbus was awesome to say the least!
When in roam (pardon the pun) my girl friend and I ventured out to seek the well spoken about hot dog establishment.
When we arrived in a chilly day, we approached a line that formed from the inside and lofting to the outer perimeter of the doors. We gave our name to the inside hostess, and not even 30 minutes we where inside. As I approached the table I noticed the familiar scent of the hot steamed hot dogs waffling from the little doors to the kitchen, just like my home town Chicago!
Quickly my excitement and hunger pains needed to order what I know best – THE GREAT CHICAGO HOT DOG, I ordered two of them with fries and along with a beer or two…
Soon after the first bottle of Bud went down, the dogs arrived, and my mouth was already watery from the beer and the smells…
I took my first bite and felt the “crunch factor” ~ I must say this, I literally had to look up and around to make sure that I was indeed in Columbus and not at my favorite Chicago Hot Dog Stand in Little Italy!
They loaded the dogs up just like home! A steamed Vienna Beef dog, Onions, mustard , a pickle spear , three tomato spears , and even the cucumbers where crispy and cold, all wrapped in the cozy poppy-seed bun!!
Amen! I found “the garden in a bun” away from Chicago!
The service was great , the restaurant was a bit small and I didn’t like that we had to wait outside in the cold – guys you need to expand, I noticed empty business spaces next door on both sides!! Sure money talks – but you have the clientele!
I give them a thumbs up for food and service!

Chicago Style Hot Dogs at Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace

Chicago Style Hot Dogs

THE GREAT CHICAGO HOT DOG.
When two baskets full of fries and two dogs arrives I was so happy and curious for tatste. I took my first bite and felt what I call the “crunch factor” I must say this, I literally had to look up and around to make sure that I was indeed in Columbus and not at my favorite Chicago Hot Dog Stand in Little Italy!
All had great meaty and fresh topping flavor to satisfy the hot dog crave with an extra kick!

June 21, 2011

YUM

GREAT LOCAL hangout... \r Nice fattening chili dogs, drinks and french fries!\r Always crowded - worth the wait!!!!!!
March 16, 2011

MUST try!

We are from out of town and love this little eclectic joint with GREAT FOOD!! They are always polite, accommodating and the tater tots are world class. We have eaten here three times in two weeks because we like it so much! They play only…

4/20/2018

An American food lover from Hilliard, OH tried O'Charley's in Polaris and liked it.

4/20/2018

A diner from Grove City, OH tried Minelli's Restaurant & Pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food and liked the ambiance.

4/15/2018

An Italian food lover from Reynoldsburg, OH tried Marco's Pizza in Worthington Woods.

4/13/2018

A Pizza food lover from IL tried Stoney's Pizza & Market, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/08/2018

A diner from Chicago, IL tried Great Wall Restaurant in Linwood.

4/07/2018

A dining patron from Columbus, OH tried Golden Phoenix Restaurant in Brandywine, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Shrimp Pad Thai dish is the best I have ever had. Service is quick and the staff is friendly.
Cons
Building is showing it's age and could use a facelift which might encourage more drivers to take a second look and stop on in for a bite.
Comments
Reasonably priced food and service is topnotch.
4/07/2018

An American chowhound from Grove City, OH tried Windward Passage Restaurant in Knolls West, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/06/2018

A diner from Lima, OH tried Remali's Pizza-Johnny's in Central Hilltop.

4/06/2018

A Pizza food lover from New Britain, CT tried D & E-z-o's Pizza in South Hilltop, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/05/2018

An American food lover from New Albany, OH tried MCL Cafeteria.

Chicago Style Hot Dog Dinner Lunch

Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace  Restaurant Reviews

Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace is located near the cities of Grandview Heights.
People found this by searching for: Dirty Franks, Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace, Dirty Franks Hot Dogs, Dirty Franks Columbus Menu, Queen Bee Restaurant Reivew Columbus Ohio, Dirty Dog Hot Dog Restaurant Columbus, Oh, Dirty Franks Menu, and Dirty Franks Columbus.