37 Shore Rd.
Port Washington, NY 11050

Diwan

Cuisine: Indian, Gastro Pub, Lunch

Diwan is a Indian, Gastro Pub, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid more than $50.

Overall
Pros
"None.. very obvious the male owner is nasty and greedy.. Wife is nice.. I witnessed the owner verbally abusing an employee to the point of criminal.. This is America! Dude! You are awful"
"authentic, wonderfully spiced to your liking, great selection."
Cons
"You obviously know how to hide your culinary mistakes with your Indian spices.. Awful.. By the way get an exterminator..unless you think your creepy crawlers are part of your entertainment"
"No cons"
Comments
"Eat before you go.. Only order a bottled beer.. Carry a disinfectant towel to clean bottle.. Oh enjoy the view"
"get there for sunset."
  • 12/22/2020

An Indian food lover from Great Neck, NY tried it.

• 4/11/2019

An Indian chowhound from Jericho, NY tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/14/2018

An Indian food lover from Jackson Heights, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/03/2018

An Indian food lover from Tampa, FL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    Comments
  • 4/17/2018

An Indian food lover from New York, NY tried it.

• 12/30/2017

An Indian food lover from New York, NY tried it and liked it.

• 9/23/2017

An Indian food lover from Clifton, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/12/2017

An Indian chowhound from Piscataway, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/24/2017

A diner from Pleasantville, NY tried it.

• 3/11/2017

A dining patron from Manhasset, NY tried it.

Joelw photo

Joelw

Great Neck, NY

No consideration, no service, no food

I ordered food at 6:10PM. I was told it would be ready in 40 minutes. I showed up 40 minutes later. They told me it was not ready and would be 10 more minutes. I said OK. Because of the pandemic, they suggested that I wait in the parking lot and they would call me. I did so. No call. I called back. After being hung up on 3 times, I got through. They told me they were busy and it would be another 15 minutes. No call again. So I called again. I was again told they were busy. In the meantime, I saw people coming in and out with take out bags. I said if you forgot my order tell me, or tell me when it will really be ready. I live 1/2 hour away and can’t sit in a parking lot all night. At 7:40 (almost an hour after I arrived), I called and got nothing. I left. At 8:15 I received a call that my food was ready. 1 1/2 hour after the designated time for pickup and over 2 hours after I ordered. No apology. As if this was OK. I was home already. They actually expected me to come back. When I said that wasn’t going to happen, they offered a 25% discount. I told them that at this point, they could deliver it as I had already ordered other food. They would not. They offered nothing else and seemed surprised that I wasn’t coming to get the food which would not be discounted any more. I guess they’ll try to palm if off on someone else. I had been to this restaurant before and liked it. I am never going again. Just tell me that there is a problem and don’t jerk me around. And if the food is 2 hours late, how about an apology and an offer.

Nothing ever was served

Nothing was ever served

Indian Lack Of Consideration Pick Up

Diwan  Restaurant Reviews

Diwan is located near the cities of Baxter Estates, Sands Point, Port Washington North, Plandome, and Manorhaven.
People found this by searching for: Diwan Restaurant Port Washington Menu, Diwan 11050 Menu, Diwan Menu Port Washington, Diwan Port Washington, Ny, Diwan Port Washington, Diwan Restaurant Port Washington Ny, Diwan Port Washington Menu, and Diwan 11050.