15717 E Main St
Sumner, WA 98390

Dixie's Home Cookin'

Cuisine: Breakfast, Catering, Salads

Dixie's Home Cookin' is a Breakfast, Catering, and Salads restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Friendly staff, great portion sizes and the food is delicious!!!!"
Cons
"The food takes a while to be served "
  • 6/25/2016

A Breakfast food lover from Puyallup, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Friendly staff, great portion sizes and the food is delicious!!!!
    Cons
    The food takes a while to be served
  • 3/14/2015

A Breakfast food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/23/2015

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 7/22/2014

A Breakfast chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/18/2013

A Breakfast chowhound from Portland, OR tried it and liked it.

grandmaboo photo

grandmaboo

Puyallup, WA

Dixie's Home Cooking in Sumner, Wa.

Verry good food, good service, good prices
They will make just about any dish into a vegetarian meal, and they make thier own vegi patties.

Loaded Potatoe Pancakes

OMG…I haven’t had potatoe pancakes this good since my grandma died in 1965…

I got the 2 eggs, 4 pieces of crispy bacon, and 1 buscuit, and for only $1.99 extra, I got the 2 loaded pancakes (with applesauce), I ate the potatoe pancakes, and brought the rest home…and I was full…
My roommate had the same except she did the home fries, which comes with it, and said that the home fries was like biting into a cloud…she loved them…
We will defineatly go back again and again.

diaml photo

diaml

Bonney Lake, WA

The BEST biscuits and gravy around!

We’re on a mission to find the BEST biscuits and gravy and so far Dixie’s wins hands down! Their portions are HUGE and DELICIOUS! The staff is friendly.

biscuits and gravy

THE ABSOLUTE BEST BISCUITS AND GRAVY AROUND!

Caz photo

Caz

Sumner, WA

I protest! Dixie's kitchen is Clean!

I live around the corner from Dixie’s and it is my families go-to restaurant when we want yummy comfort food. We rarely go out anymore due to the economy, but we do we try to find small businesses to support when we can.

Dixie’s food is so good the business has weird hours during the week and is slammed on weekends….and I mean slammed! I’ve seen the restaurant’s kitchen and it is immaculate.

When so people congregate on a Sunday morning after church, wouldn’t more “bug legs” be found. Susie33’s credibility is shot. Posting the same review twice, knowing it is the first people see since it is the first post, disgraceful.

DDJ333 photo

DDJ333

Seriously???

The owner needs to take a course “How To Provide Great Service”.

I went to this resturant to have breakfast this morning and ordered the “mom’s” platter. When my food arrived I proceeded to eat my bacon, some egg and potatoes. I then started in on my biscuts and gravy when I noticed an insect leg. I kindly and discreetly told the waiter who I later found out was the owner (sad) that there was an insect leg in my food. He looked at me if I were crazy, didn’t even bother to look at my napkin in which I had the leg folded in and proceeded to tell me that it was the French sage they used and that it resembles insect legs. I kindly told him that there is nothing else in this gravy that resembles what is in this napkin. At that point he proceeded to tell me it couldn’t possibly be an insect leg because “they don’t have bugs in here”. I told him, "look, I am not trying to get a free meal here and am only asking that you replace only the biscuts and gravy. He would not so I told him to just bring me my check and that I wasn’t trying to argue with him. He briskly walked off and when he returned with my check he slammed it on the table and walked off again. I had only eaten one piece of bacon, one bite of egg and one of dad’s potatoes. I went to pay my bill and asked the lady at the counter if he was the owner. She replied, yes he is. I told her, “that’s too bad.” She asked me was there a problem and I told her about the bug leg she then got short with me and told me there couldn’t be any bug legs because “they don’t have bugs”. I asked her if she would like me to take the leg in and provide her with an analysis of the findings? Now at this point I’m wondering why this woman even asked me what was wrong in the first place when it is obvious that she doesn’t care whether there is a bug in my food or not and is acutally his wife, not a caring employee. The sad thing is that this is not the first poor experience I’ve had with this resturant. Seriously, just because we are in a small town does not mean you have to provide poor quality food and service.

susie33 photo

susie33

Seriously??????

I went to this resturant to have breakfast one morning and ordered the “mom’s” platter. When my food arrived I proceeded to eat my bacon, some egg and potaotes. I then started in on my biscuts and gravy when I noticed an insect leg. I kindly and discreately told the waiter who I later found out was the owner (sad) that there was an insect leg in my food. He looked at me if I were crazy, didn’t even bother to look at my napkin in which I had the leg folded in and proceeded to tell me that it was the French sage they used and that it resembles insect legs. I kindly told him that there is nothing else in this gravy that resembles what is in this napkin. At that point he proceeded to tell me it couldn’t possibly be an insect leg because “they don’t have bugs in here”. I told him, "look, I am not trying to get a free meal here and am only asking that you replace only the biscuts and gravy. He would not so I told him to just bring me my check and that I wasn’t trying to argue with him. He briskly walked off and when he returned with my check he slammed it on the table and walked off again. I had only eaten one piece of bacon, one bite of egg and one of dad’s potatoes. I went to pay my bill and asked the lady at the counter if he was the owner. She replied, yes he is. I told her, “that’s too bad.” She asked me was there a problem and I told her about the bug leg she then got short with me and told me there couldn’t be any bug legs because “they don’t have bugs”. I asked her if she would like me to take the leg in and provide her with an analysis of the findings? Now at this point I’m wondering why this woman even asked me what was wrong in the first place when it is obvious that she doesn’t care whether there is a bug in my food or not is acutally his wife not a caring employee. Seriously, this is a low class resturant with low class service and truthfully, the food is really greasy too.

Breakfast Parking Catering

Dixie's Home Cookin'  Restaurant Reviews

Dixie's Home Cookin' is located near the cities of North Puyallup, Lake Tapps, Puyallup, and Bonney Lake.
People found this by searching for: Dixie's Sumner, Dixie's Restaurant Sumner Wa, Dixies Menu, Dixies Homecooking In Sumner, Dixie's Sumner Wa Firehouse 6 Eggs, Dixies Resturant, Sumner Wa, Dixie's In Sumner Wa, Dixies Sumner, and Dixie's Sumner Wa.