2251 Stringtown Rd
Grove City, OH 43123

Donato's Pizza

Cuisine: Pizza, Catering, Lunch

Donato's Pizza is a Pizza, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 1/14/2017

A Pizza food lover from Pickerington, OH tried it.

• 9/17/2016

A Pizza chowhound from US tried it.

• 8/29/2014

• 12/14/2013

A diner from Canton, OH tried it.

Pizza

HouseAffected photo

HouseAffected

Columbus, OH

A Phenomenally Pleasant Experience Straight Out Of Heaven

I must say… the pizzas from the Donatos on Stringtown Rd in Grove City, OH are just as mouth-watering and tasty as the customer service itself. I went there just last night at approximately 6 pm for probably the third time to order a large half pepperoni and half pepperoni and sausage, and not only was the pizza completed and handed to me in half the time that I expected, but it tasted both heavenly and phenomenally pleasant. Speaking of heavenly and phenomenally pleasant, the lady who took my order behind the counter was a bona fide sweetheart. After she applied my coupon and swiped my card, she asked me how my day was, which was completely unexpected and threw me off guard in the best way possible. Unfortunately, I am quite diffident when it comes to strangers and so my small talk skills are not the best in the world; moreover, quickly thinking of a friendly reply was mildly challenging, and so I just said something along the lines of it being good, that it was a nice birthday, and how I got to do plenty of fine shopping. After mentioning something about having a birthday in the same month, she handed me the receipt and I sat down and waited, and the wait was only about 8 minutes, in lieu of the estimated 20.

After having myself seated for a few minutes, and testing out the location’s free wifi with my smartphone which was at a level of superb equal to the pizza as well as the super-friendly cashier lady, it suddenly dawned on me that I could have left her a tip. I had no cash on me, as I mostly just use debit cards for purchases, but then I remembered being told a little over a year ago that it was entirely feasible to tip if paying from a card simply by specifying a desired amount on the “tip” line on the receipt; except, it was not made entirely clear if the amount goes toward the cashier or if it is split among the cooks, etc. In any case, I left feeling like a complete heel that the thought did not cross my mind at the right time to tip the lady, whether it was due to fear of inadvertently saying the wrong thing or having my mind on trying out the free in-restaurant wifi. Shortly after having come to this revelation, she approached me with the pizza in hand, except, for a brief moment, I was too immersed in the wifi on the phone to realize that she was practically standing right in front of me. In any case, she handed me the pizza and wished me a happy birthday with only the sunniest of smiles and euphonious of voices, which actually caused me feel even worse internally. I just said “thank you” whilst bowing my head somewhat and smiling, then left.

Having worked in a place similar to Donatos before, where employees are routinely rotated job assignments as well as assigned a variety of schedules on any given day throughout the week, I knew that I may never have another chance to return to the Donatos location and make amends for not thinking to tip this wonderful lady during this visit. However, one thing that is for sure: Donatos in Grove City on Stringtown Rd shall be the one and only Donatos from where I get my pizzas going forward. And while it will not completely make up for my lack of thoughtfulness, for which I still feel badly even as I type this, it is the least that I can do. I know that it is something that they are encouraged to do by their employers with every customer or guest, but I happen to know from first-hand experience that they do not always do. I guess it varies from person to person and is dependent upon their current mood. It is entirely possible that I just happened to walk in at exactly the right time and she came across as flawlessly authentic, as if I were a close friend, and she really was interested in knowing how my day was. In any case, I have to say that this phenomenally pleasant experience that I had at Grove City, OH Donatos on Stringtown Rd on Saturday, February 18, 2017 was actually the best birthday present that I could have received, almost as if it had been delivered by God, Himself. Oh, and to the super-awesome friendly angel of a lady who took my order yesterday, if by some modicum of a chance you encounter this, which I am sure that you probably will not, you truly made my day, and I earnestly apologize for not thinking to personally tip you. You and your location’s pizzas are replete with a zealously elevated level of awesome and you are most deeply appreciated.

14" Single Topping Create your own No Dough Pizza

Pizza Catering Dinner

Donato's Pizza  Restaurant Reviews

Donato's Pizza is located near the cities of Urbancrest and Darbydale.
People found this by searching for: Donatos Stringtown Rd, Donatos Grove City Oh, Donatos Pizza Stringtown Road, Donatos Stringtown, Donatos Pizza Stringtown Rd, Donatos Stringtown Road, and Donatos On Stringtown Road.