4309 Johnston St
Lafayette, LA 70503

Don's Seafood

Cuisine: Seafood, Lunch, Creole

Don's Seafood is a Seafood, Lunch, and Creole restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Good food"
"Great Food !"
  • 5/23/2018

A Seafood chowhound from Lafayette, LA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/27/2017

A Seafood chowhound from Lafayette, LA tried it and liked it.

• 8/20/2017

A dining patron from Georgetown, TX tried it.

• 7/17/2017

A Seafood chowhound from Breaux Bridge, LA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good food
  • 6/04/2017

A Seafood food lover from Broussard, LA tried it.

• 5/15/2017

A diner from Lafayette, LA tried it.

• 4/16/2017

A Seafood chowhound from US tried it.

• 7/21/2016

• 7/01/2016

A Seafood food lover from Lafayette, LA tried it and liked it. They didn't like the food and didn't like the service.

• 12/24/2015

A dining patron from Houston, TX tried it.

cajunanne photo

cajunanne

Lafayette, LA

Great B&B (burgers and bartenders)

You wouldn’t think to order a burger at a seafood and steak joint but Don’s burgers are just wonderful. Their staff is friendly especially their bartenders who treat you like family. After you’ve tried all the seafood and steak, give the burgers a try. You won’t be sorry. Top it off with an old fashion made by their bartender pros.

Fried Mushroom Appetizer

Fresh fried and not over battered.

keh photo

keh

Worst Dining Experience I Have EVER Had

This was the worst dining experience I have EVER had! I was reprimanded at ANOTHER PATRON’S TABLE for asking our waitress, Melodie, for a to-go box for the unfinished crawfish special when my babysitter called saying they had to leave. I will NOT leave my children home alone. The waitress was rude and extremely sarcastic when she had no reason to be. I will not be returning.

dlormand photo

dlormand

Cedar Hill, TN

Worst location for Don's

Everytime we go home we go out to eat Cajun seafood—-which is always some of the best food anywhere.
We have loved Don’s in other locations but our brother-in-law had warned us this location was not good, but it was close to his house so we thought surely it couldn’t be that bad!
He was right, from the time we entered the restaurant, it was a bad experience! Staff was not friendly, poor service, waiter wanted to argue instead of trying to solve the problem that our food tasted like leftovers!
The bad service, I am pretty sure, was all because my husband forgot & wore his Prejean’s T-shirt-which is another Cajun Restaurant. But as my husband said, you would think they would have bent over backwards to win us over. Instead they turned us against them completely.
So, on our next visit, we will eat anywhere in Lafayette but Don’s on Johnston St.

Shrimp Dinner(shared)

This dish was supposed to have grilled shrimp(didn’t), broiled shrimp(didn’t) it tasted boiled. the rice was crunchy, the soup had no flavor, just greasy sauce. We asked our waiter, but he assured us we had everything cooked just right & left only to come back with the check.

5/04/2020

A dining patron from US tried Cafe Lola.

4/12/2020

A Tex-mex chowhound from Lafayette, LA tried Chili's and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

1/29/2020

A diner from Lafayette, LA tried China One.

12/30/2019

A diner from US tried Ryan's Steakhouse, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Children Friendly, Variety
12/20/2019

A dining patron from Running Springs, CA tried Walk-Ons and liked it.

12/15/2019

A Pizza chowhound from Scott, LA tried Pizza Hut.

11/29/2019

A Pizza chowhound from US tried Pizza Hut.

11/20/2019

A diner from US tried Golden Corral and liked it.

10/03/2019

A diner from Lutz, FL tried Pizza Hut.

8/27/2019

A chowhound from Lafayette, LA tried Antlers, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
The food was good.
Seafood Takeout Parking

Don's Seafood   Restaurant Reviews

Don's Seafood is located near the cities of Lafayette Parish.
People found this by searching for: Don's Seafood Hut Lafayette, Don's Seafood Hut Lafayette Menu, Don's Seafood Lafayette, La, Don's Seafood Hut, Don's Seafood Hut Lafayette La, Don's Seafood Lafayette, Dons Seafood Hut, and Dons Seafood Lafayette La.