2138 S Archer Ave
Chicago, IL 60616-1514

Dragon King

Neighborhoods: Armour Square
Cuisine: Chinese, Taiwanese, Breakfast

Dragon King is a Chinese, Taiwanese, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

hot & fresh taiwanese breakfast

i’m a big fan of taiwanese breakfast – the small dishes and variety you can order…so i was very happy to have found dragon king in chinatown. it’s a small, no frills, mom ’n pop shop that offers super cheap taiwanese breakfast items.

the dishes come out piping hot, and tastes freshly made.

i like dragon king – for their food & prices, and i’ll be coming back here for my taiwanese breakfast fix.

Chinese Cruller

not too oily, decent-sized chinese donuts (2 per serving)

Chinese Vegetable Stuffed Pancake

not my bag of potatoers, but a good dish. green onions + scrambled eggs stuffed into a doughy, pan-fried pancake.

Green Onion Pancake

good pancake. although i’ve had better, it’s still tasty here.

Steamed Shanghai Dumplings

juicy, oily, very very yummy. comes w/8 dumplings.

Sweet Soy Milk

great pairing to the chinese crueller! i love this dish.

justin photo

justin

Filling and cheap Taiwanese breakfast

If you want something Chinese for breakfast but want a change of pace from Dim Sum, then try a Taiwanese breakfast.

The last time we had a good Taiwanese breakfast was at Queen’s House in Mountain View, CA so we had to find one in Chicago. We drove down to Chinatown and started walking down the line of restaurants peeking in to see what people were eating. Dragon King was the first one we found and there were some chinese people in there – a very good sign.

In fact, is was almost too good of a sign because everyone was speaking Chinese and I was nervous that I’d have to use my broken Chinese to order…I was not comforted when I saw that the only breakfast the menu they had was in Chinese (since my reading is even worse than my speaking). When it came time to order though, the waitress was pretty accomodating to my 1/2 english, 1/2 chinese ordering. I’m sure she gets it all the time with us American-born Chinese :)

The most amazing part of the meal was how cheap it ended up being! The final bill was only about 11 bucks for the 2 of us and we were both pretty full. Of course, it didn’t have all the meat and seafood of dimsum, but 11 bucks is a cheap meal any way you cut it.

Chinese Cruller

I’ve never found a better way to describe this english than chinese donut or chinese croissant. It was a little more bready and doughy than usual, but still not bad when dipped in the soy milk to soften it up. We got 2 orders, which was too much.

Green Onion Pancake

Not the crispy kind and could use more green onion.

Sweet Soy Milk

Standard fare. Add much more sugar to make it sweet. I dumped quite a bit in :)

Steamed Shanghai Dumplings

8 juicy pork dumplings. Tasty as always. This was the best part of the meal.

Chinese Vegetable Stuffed Pancake

Chopped egg and assorted veggies stuffed into a pancake similar to the green onion pancake. Good stuff.

Chinese Taiwanese Breakfast

Dragon King  Restaurant Reviews

Dragon King is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Taiwan Restaurants In Chicago Chinatown, Dragon King Restaurant Chicago, Dragon King Chicago, Taiwan Breakfast Chicago, Chicago Chinatown Taiwanese Food, Taiwanese Breakfast Chicago, and Chicago Taiwanese Breakfast Restaurant Soy Milk.