2611 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004

Durant's

Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Steakhouses

Durant's is a American, Wine Bar, and Steakhouses restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great strong drinks and great food."
  • 8/18/2018

An American food lover from Phoenix, AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/06/2017

A dining patron from Phoenix, AZ tried it.

• 5/11/2017

A dining patron from Scottsdale, AZ tried it.

• 1/17/2017

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 12/08/2016

Rickg1 tried it and liked it.

• 11/15/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/31/2014

Pros
    Great strong drinks and great food.
  • 5/30/2013

An American food lover from Montebello, CA tried it and liked it.

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

Caveat Emptor and Bon appétit!

Our visit was disheartening to say the least! Noting their fabulous ratings on the likes of Zagat, Yelp and Trip Advisor, my wife and I were dismayed with our recent visit to this Phoenix mainstay! Durant’s does take you back in time. Coming in through its front/back door, impresses you with the feel of walking into an old Speakeasy! You actually meet the kitchen staff before anyone else – fun! The furnishings, booths, table and décor are a throwback to the 50’s and 60’ and you feel like the Rat Pack is about to walk past your table any moment – we loved the ambience! That being said, that’s where delight pretty much ended. We began our evening and though dinner with an excellent Sonoma Chardonnay. Our appetizer of Fried Calamari left a lot to be desired of, where it appeared to be over cooked, chewy and its coating tasteless. We proceeded with our meal – my wife started with a Chicken Caesar Salad and I had the regular Caesar Salad, both of which were adequate, but not worth writing home about. I was sincerely looking forward to a fine Sautéed Calf’s Liver and Onions, one of my favorite dishes I’d not had since moving to Phoenix. I’m sorry to say it lacked tenderness, (maybe needing better preparation or product) taste with overwhelming caramelization of the sautéed onions, rendering them slimy! As a connoisseur of a well-prepared Calf’s Liver, I have discerned much better… of all the restaurants to have this dish across the country, Old Ebbitt Grill in Washington DC is a recipe Durant’s should attempt to emulate, or come close to. I did quite enjoy the au gratin potatoes. And our dessert of Durant’s Cheesecake was satisfying and tasty. All things said, as a Speakeasy/Lounge it’ll make a great visit for Martinis and chat. Highly recommended for the business lunch set, but for formal or semi-formal dinner or romantic evening out, it left me pondering. It was unfortunate that my Wife’s Birthday Dinner, ended up being a nonchalant and unmemorable meal. With the exception that my Wife’s flowers delivered timely to the table – we rarely interacted with wait staff that just zipped by hurriedly doing their thing, at other tables. I plan on returning, but that may be a slow process. Caveat Emptor and Bon appétit!

Caesar Salad; Potatoes Au Gratin; Calf's Liver; Durant's Cheese Cake.

American Wine Bar Steakhouses

Durant's  Restaurant Reviews

Durant's is located near the cities of Phoenix Metro Area.
People found this by searching for: Website For Durants Resaurant Menu, Phoenix, Az, Durant S Phoenix Prices, Durant's Steakhouse Prices, Durants Menu With Prices, Durants Menu Prices, Durants Phoenix Prices, Durants Phoenix Menu, Durant's Phoenix Menu Prices, and Durant's Phoenix Prices.