43 Scotch Rd
Trenton, NJ 08628-2512

East Sushi

Cuisine: Sushi, Catering, Lunch

• 4/16/2015

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 11/07/2013

A Sushi chowhound from US tried it.

randerso photo

randerso

Westfield, NJ

Best Rolls in the Area

East Sushi is your ‘standard’ Chinese restaurant with a Japanese flourish—at least the format has become quite common in New Jersey. However, once you get past the regular menu and ask for the special menu (which is available every day, but for inexplicable reasons not normally presented to patrons unless they ask for it), you will find some of the best maki in New Jersey. Among my favorities is the Y-2K roll which has spicy salmon inside and yellow tail outside (which can be ordered in reverse; spicy yellow tail inside and salmon outside). Similar is the Spicy 2 in One roll with spicy tuna inside and salmon and tuna on the outside. Another winner is the Fire Dragon roll with eel and avocado on the inside and pepper tuna on the outside, all with a very tasty bi-color sauce. All the rolls are carefully made, generously proportioned, and fairly priced. Oh, and did I tell you about the sashimi lunch? Very generous portions of the best fish available. I am going back again for lunch today (and was there yesterday). The Chinese food looks OK, but I have never ordered it; I have been going there for several years and I always get the sushi.

Sashimi Lunch

Beautifully served pieces of salmon, tuna, yellow-tail, red snapper, white tuna, octopus (or whatever is best) with soup included. I usually skip the rice, but it is available if you want it.

Fantastic Roll

Tuna, Salmon, Yellow-Tail, and eel inside with a green covered rice outside. Very big (each piece almost needs to be cut in half when no one is looking).

just_some_guy photo

just_some_guy

Ewing, NJ

Great experience

Just ate at East Sushi with my mom. I had eaten there several times in the past, and I had always liked it. This time was no exception. We ordered the Sashimi Trio. Six pieces of tuna, six pieces of salmon, and six pieces of yellowtail. The sashimi was great, and each piece was surprisingly large. In fact, we both wound up feeling “stuffed”, and for just $25. The miso soup was also good (one bowl of which was included with the Sashimi Trio), and the ginger was very fresh, with almost a “crunch” to it, and it was delicious. The service was unobtrusive and prompt. The decor is tasteful, too. Sumo Sushi in Pennington is also very good, but East Sushi is substantially cheaper, and you don’t have to drive through Pennington, where a couple miles per hour over the 25-mile-per-hour speed limit can earn you a hefty fine. Plus, I prefer the decor at East Sushi; it feels cozy and isn’t so brightly lit. I highly recommend East Sushi.

Sushi Catering Dinner

East Sushi  Restaurant Reviews

East Sushi is located near the cities of Hamilton Township, Morrisville, Ewing Twp, White Horse, and Hamilton.
People found this by searching for: East Sushi Ewing Nj Menu, East Sushi St. Catharines, East Sushi Ewing Nj, East Sushi Menu, East Sushi Restaurant Ewing Township, Nj, East Sushi Ewing Miso Soup, East Sushi, and East Sushi Restaurant.