133 2nd St

Heartsong photo

Heartsong

Chattanooga, TN

Good Food and Great Atmosphere

Lunch at Eddie Rickenbacker’s was my first experience dining underneath a half-million dollars worth of antique motorcycles suspended from the ceiling. I was so busy checking out the fascinating bikes and reading the little bits of history posted with each one that I almost forgot to check the menu. That would have been a mistake. The food was just as good as the decor.

We ordered chicken Ceasar salads and French onion soup. The romaine was crisp and fresh, the chicken tastily grilled, and the dressing was wonderful. The soup was delicious, too, with just the right balance of sweetness for my taste.

I enjoyed my meal enough that I went back a few nights later for dinner. The place was packed and the service was still fast and friendly. I had a burger with blue cheese, avocado, and onion. The burgers are thick and juicy, served on grilled bread, and zingy with black pepper. The steak-cut fries were hot and crisp. Be aware, though, that unless you’re really hungry, you may want to think about splitting the burger and fries between two people. It’s a lot of food.

There’s a nice selection of beers, including Guiness on tap and at the right temperature.

After dinner, I had more time to check out the bikes and other memorabilia. The somewhat cluttered, eclectic collection adds a unique ambience to the place that I loved. There’s nothing particularly “relaxing” about Rickenbacker’s; it’s more for energizing and stimulating conversation than for chilling out. From the bikes, to the Tiffany lamps, the model trains, and the WWII memorabilia, there’s something to look at and talk about everywhere. Don’t be caught off guard by the cat. He’s a Katrina rescue, and weighs about 30 pounds, a fat, orange, fuzzball who softly walks through from time to time. He’s beautiful, friendly, and loves a belly rub.

The owner’s “nest” is just inside the front door on the right. He’s elderly, appears to be mostly blind, and in failing health, and I overheard someone say, “He’s kind of mean,” but he runs a great pub. He didn’t seem too interested in conversation so I passed on telling him how much I enjoyed his establishment. For moderately priced pub food and great atmosphere, you can’t beat it.

Burger and fries

Big (almost too big for one), juicy, delicious. Loved the grilled bread. Highly seasoned with black pepper, perfect for my taste but may have been a bit heavy for some. The fries were perfect – thick, steak cuts, crisp, super hot. Delicious meal!

Ceasar salad with grilled chicken

Fresh, crisp, flavorful; nice size, fresh croutons; chicken was tender and flavorful; dressing was outstanding.

French Onion Soup

Nice soup; balanced sweet/savory flavor; not a lot of onion in the bowl.

American Catering Wifi
Mon-Sat 11:00AM - 10:00PM

Eddie Rickenbacker's  Restaurant Reviews

Eddie Rickenbacker's is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Eddie Rickenbacker's San Francisco, Eddie Rickenbacker Restaurant Menu, Eddie Rickenbacker's San Francisco Menu, Eddie Rickenbacker's San Francisco Owner, Eddie Rickenbacker Restaurant, 133 2nd Street San Francisco, San Francisco Motorcycle Restaurant, Restaurant In San Francisco With Old Motorbikes, and Eddie Rickenbacker Sf.