Ed's Chowder House

Neighborhoods: Upper West Side
Cuisine: Seafood, Lunch, Breakfast

May 27, 2011

Decent

Had my sister's graduation dinner at Ed's - service was really poor. Our waitress seemed like she was in a hurry to get us out; never once came by to check on us. The manager had to come by to introduce himself. The appetizers were great…
January 2, 2011

Wow! Best lobster bisque I've ever had!

My husband took me to Ed’s for my birthday and I was blown away...the food was fantastic, the service was great, the décor – white leather banquettes, rich, dark wood, mirrors & crystal - elegant but not stuffy - I loved it! I'm…
November 7, 2009

Just not good enough for the money disappointed

After reading rave reviews from Time Out magazine, I made sure to run over for a sampling. For a $70 lunch I expect clams in my clam chowder. The ladies sitting next to us and had the trio of soups and said they didn't like any of them.…

Empire Hotel Rooftop

Coffee & Tea in Upper West Side

Breadsoul Cafe

Sandwiches in Upper West Side

5/22/2017

A dining patron from New York, NY tried Milano Market Italian Caterers in Upper East Side.

5/21/2017

A dining patron from Morris Plains, NJ tried Yama ramen in Midtown East.

5/21/2017

A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried La Nueva Espana in Washington Heights, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/21/2017

A diner from Williamstown, NJ tried Kevin St. James Bar & Restaurant in Clinton.

5/20/2017

A dining patron from Jersey City, NJ tried Supreme Macaroni Co. (CLOSED) in Hell's Kitchen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/19/2017

A dining patron from New Canaan, CT tried Broadway Burger Co, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Delicious hamburgers, food came pretty fast and the staff is friendly, I will be back to try other burgers as they have 11 or 12 different hamburgers recipes.
Cons
Busy during rush hours but they are fast so it's fine
5/19/2017

A diner from US tried Ratner's (CLOSED) in Lower East Side.

5/19/2017

A Diner chowhound from New York, NY tried Grini's Grill Restaurant & Lunch Bar in Harlem.

5/18/2017

A diner from Saint Paul, MN tried Arizona 206 in Upper East Side.

5/18/2017

A dining patron from US tried Yellowfinger's in Upper East Side.

Seafood Dinner Lunch
Tips
  • Whether spiked or straight, Ed's has some of the best house-made lemonade in New York.
  • If you're just looking to grab a lobster roll or a cup of chowder, you'd do well to sit at the large bar.
  • The scallop ravioli in white butter is a specialty of Lucas Carton, the three-star Paris restaurant where Ed Brown once worked.

Ed's Chowder House  Restaurant Reviews

Ed's Chowder House is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: The Chowder House Upper West Side New York, Eds Chowder House Ny Menu Prices, Ed's Chowder House West Village, Eds Upper West Side, Dr Ed Showder, Ed's Chowder House New York All Day Menu, Chowdar House Upper West Side, Ed's Chowder House Menu, and Edschowderhousemenu.