Ed's Chowder House

Neighborhoods: Upper West Side
Cuisine: Seafood, Catering, Lunch

May 27, 2011

Decent

Had my sister's graduation dinner at Ed's - service was really poor. Our waitress seemed like she was in a hurry to get us out; never once came by to check on us. The manager had to come by to introduce himself. The appetizers were great…
January 2, 2011

Wow! Best lobster bisque I've ever had!

My husband took me to Ed’s for my birthday and I was blown away...the food was fantastic, the service was great, the décor – white leather banquettes, rich, dark wood, mirrors & crystal - elegant but not stuffy - I loved it! I'm…
November 7, 2009

Just not good enough for the money disappointed

After reading rave reviews from Time Out magazine, I made sure to run over for a sampling. For a $70 lunch I expect clams in my clam chowder. The ladies sitting next to us and had the trio of soups and said they didn't like any of them.…

Empire Hotel Rooftop

Coffee & Tea in Upper West Side

Breadsoul Cafe

Sandwiches in Upper West Side

4/23/2018

A dining patron from New York, NY tried Happy Wok Restaurant in Lower East Side and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

Pros
Good food needs more variety of food though
4/20/2018

A diner from New York, NY tried Akwaba in East Harlem and liked it. They liked the food.

4/20/2018

A diner from Bayside, NY tried Casabianca Pizzeria in Clinton.

4/19/2018

A diner from New York, NY tried No 1 Chinese Restaurant in Gramercy Park.

4/18/2018

A diner from GB tried LA Maganette Restaurant in Midtown East.

4/18/2018

A Mexican food lover from New York, NY tried Guadalupe in Inwood and liked it.

4/18/2018

A food lover from New York, NY tried Fraiche Maxx in Union Square, liked it, and rated it . They liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fresh tuna, spring mix, tofu and all the toppings for the new poke bowl 50% off introductory price. ($5.50)Build your own bowl. I am stuffed. The owner guided me over and helped me to order.
Cons
Can't think of anything.
Comments
If you like poke bowls, go over and remember to fill out your order ticket first.
4/18/2018

A diner from New York, NY tried Wendy's in Financial District.

4/17/2018

A dining patron from Rye, NY tried B.B. King's Blues Club Restaurant in Theater District - Times Square and didn't like it. They didn't like the food and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
WE CAME FOR THE SHOWS...NOT THE FOOD...WHICH WAS EXPENSIVE..
4/17/2018

An African food lover from Pikesville, MD tried Chez Es Saada (CLOSED) in Bowery.

Seafood Catering Dinner
Tips
  • Whether spiked or straight, Ed's has some of the best house-made lemonade in New York.
  • If you're just looking to grab a lobster roll or a cup of chowder, you'd do well to sit at the large bar.
  • The scallop ravioli in white butter is a specialty of Lucas Carton, the three-star Paris restaurant where Ed Brown once worked.
Talia's Steakhouse & Bar

Steakhouse in Upper West Side

Two Boots

Pizza in Brownsville

Ed's Chowder House  Restaurant Reviews

Ed's Chowder House is located near the cities of Tribeca, Peck Slip, Canal Street, Trinity, and Financial District.
People found this by searching for: Ed's Chowder House New York All Day Menu, Eds Chowder House Ny Menu Prices, Chowdar House Upper West Side, Ed's Chowder House Menu, Ed's Chowder House West Village, Eds Upper West Side, Dr Ed Showder, The Chowder House Upper West Side New York, and Edschowderhousemenu.