41907 Us Hwy 50 E
Gunnison, CO 81230

El Pueblo Bonito

Cuisine: Mexican

El Pueblo Bonito is a Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

zepher95 photo

zepher95

Fort Collins, CO

My new favorite restaurant in Gunnison - EXCELLENT!

This is a relatively new Mexican restaurant in Gunnison that we ate at twice on a recent week long trip there earlier this month. We spend a week there a couple times a year and this is now out favorite restaurant because the food, service, and Margaretta’s were absolutely wonderful. I had a combo of Tamali,Chile Relleno, and shreaded beef enchilada, smothered in green chile, and a second night, a whole Tilapia, my son had Mole enchaladas and then a skirt steak with large prawns the second time and the Margs were quite tasty and an honest pour as well. Our waitress was great, un-intrusive but regularly checking on us as well. We couldn’t of been more happy and it is easily the best Mexican restaurant in the area. It will be our first stop for dinner when we return and only wish it were closer to home.

Combo Plate

I had a Tamale, shredded beef enchiladas, and chile relleno smothered in green chili and each was fantastic. I’ve never had shredded beef that was actually cooked medium so it was tender and juicy and full of flavor. I always love tamale’s but never find ones I like that my wife doesn’t make, but these were as good as they come. The relleno was also very tasty, not excessively breaded, and a nice amount of cheese inside. Beans and rice on the side were good as well, and the Margs were quite refreshing and tasty and a decent pour of quality TOP shelf tequilla as well.

Chicken Mole Enchaladas

My son had this one, but I had the pleasure of a taste also, and it was quite good, authentic Mole, and I would of had it later in the week but we ran out of time.

Fried Whole Tilapia

We liked our initial nights food so much we returned for a second night in our week long trip to Gunnison and after the excellent, more common treats the first night, I decided to take a chance on this fish, and really happy with my choice. It was whole, deep fried, and cooked perfectly. It was marinated in something tasty and presented with slices of tomatoes, onions, and avocados on top and the flavors with the excellent fish couldn’t of been better.

Skirt Steak and Large Prawns

Another dish my son had, but I got to taste. He is a very good cook in his own right and his first bite of steak had him raving not only about the flavor, but having ordered it medium, and it actually being cooked that way, was a surprise. It was excellent, and although I don’t like garlic myself, his prawns, which there were a large portion of them, cooked with onions and peppers, were also perfect. The amount of food on this dish is definitely for a huge appetite, but it was gone when we left.

Mexican Parking

El Pueblo Bonito  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: El Bonito Reviews Gunnison, Colorado, El Pueblo Bonito Gunnison Co Review, Pueblo Bonito Gunnison, and El Pueblo Bonito Gunnison Co.