700 S Atlantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754

Elite

Neighborhoods: Alhambra
Cuisine: Dim Sum, Lunch, Breakfast

Elite is a Dim Sum, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

best dim sum

I can’t believe how good it was. My first time here for dim sum, I thought it was so-so. But I also knew that I was bored with what my fellow diners ordered. Plus their oversized siu mai kind of freaked me out.

But this time Elite won me over. Everything was so fresh, and had really good flavors. And I was undeterred by the extra large siu mai. I think there was only one miss: the Baked scallops & turnip cake, it was gooey and bland.
There were BIG slivers of shark’s fin in the Shark’s fin & red clam dumpling. Their version of the suen jook roll, Bean curd wrap oyster sauce, was delicious, good balance of pork and veggie ingredients, great flavors, and again, so fresh. I personally think bamboo fungus makes everything better, and really liked their Bamboo pitch (I’m sure they meant Pith) & sea cucumber wrap. The dish of clams in black bean sauce that came around on a tray was excellent. We eat this all the time, and theirs was straight out of the wok and into our mouths, without too much cornstarch. Everything else we had was really good.

I now rank Elite above Sea Harbour. And, I think, Triumphal Palace. Although I’d have to return to Triumphal before I can be sure. One thing that is certain, though, the service at Elite was good!! Not like all that horrible snotty rudeness at Sea Harbour and Triumphal.

iPhone dining journal

Sui Mai is best dim sum

Sui Mai is best dim sum

jinkwell photo

jinkwell

Awesome Dim Sum

Oh Elite Restaurant…why can’t you expand to fit more people? Yes, I am one of your devout followers, who will wait almost two hours for one bloody meal! In fact, I am amongst the herd of sheep who bleat helplessly – desperately hoping you will one day be large enough to accommodate more of us without sacrificing the quality of your fantastic dim sum a la Empress Pavilion. Alas, you are still a limited establishment serving your delectable morsels to the privileged few who can make it through the rigorous lines.

I can’t say I’m a yum cha/dim sum connoisseur. I haven’t tried these brunch favorites in either mainland China, Hong Kong or Taiwan. In fact, my experiences are limited to restaurants in the LA/Chicago areas, so bear with me. But I have to say, some of the best dim sum dishes I’ve ever had were within the hallowed walls of Elite. Pink shrimp encased in translucent rice dough or succulent BBQ pork wrapped in fluffy white buns. Savory congee with pork and duck eggs or chicken and rice wrapped in lotus leaf.

Almost every dish we had was perfect, and paired with tea to cut through grease – it was an enjoyable experience. However, the one misstep was the chicken feet – it didn’t taste very good; I’ve definitely had better. Otherwise, the meal was excellent and affordable! We ordered 10 dishes and our bill came up to be $48 total for a party of four! My gawd that’s cheap. Certainly a lot cheaper than getting a meal for four at other restaurants! Maybe for the dim sum snob, the price and the dishes may not be up to par, but I had no problems. Sure, the service is lacking and some dishes are not my favorites, but most of what I ordered was quite tasty and the overall experience was great. I know that my family and I will be returning if we’re craving some dim sum for brunch!

9/16/2018

A Mexican chowhound from Rosemead, CA tried El Tepeyac in Montebello.

8/26/2018

A diner from San Gabriel, CA tried Carl's Jr. in Alhambra and liked it.

8/27/2018

A Chinese chowhound from US tried Lake Spring Cuisine in Alhambra, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/26/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Pomona, CA tried Paul's Kitchen in Montebello.

6/26/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Jay's Pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/15/2018

A Cafe food lover from Alhambra, CA tried Ok Cafe.

DIRECT ADS (not accurate sizing)
5/27/2018

A Mexican chowhound from San Gabriel, CA tried Armando's Mexican Restaurant in Garvey and liked it. They liked the food.

5/18/2018

A dining patron from Alhambra, CA tried Jay's Pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food and liked the service.

4/04/2018

A dining patron from US tried Armando's Mexican Restaurant in Garvey.

3/28/2018

A Tea Room food lover from El Monte, CA tried Twisteas, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Dim Sum Dinner Parking
Tips
  • For dinner, ask about seasonal prices before ordering--live seafood like Maine lobster, geoduck clam and Dungeness crab fetch top dollar. Whole roast suckling pig and bird's nest soup must be ordered in advance.
  • Chinese and American beers are joined by a short California and French wine list; corkage is $15.
  • Set menus can run to the ultra pricey, up to $2200 for a table of 10. The latter features foie gras, suckling pig, lobster, shark's fin, abalone and bird's nest soup.

Elite  Restaurant Reviews

Elite is located near the cities of Southwest San Gabriel Valley, South San Gabriel, Alhambra, San Gabriel, and Rosemead.
People found this by searching for: Elite Restaurant Menu, Elite Restaurant Monterey Park Menu, Elite Restaurant Monterey Park Ca, Suckling Pig In Monterey Ca, Elite Menu In Monterey Park, Ca, Elite Dim Sum Monterey Park, Elite Monterey Park, and Elite Restaurant Monterey Park.