1825 Queen Anne Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109

emmer&rye

Neighborhoods: West Queen Anne
Cuisine: Northwest, Organic, American

emmer&rye is a Northwest, Organic, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 11/02/2013

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

scrumptious northwest cuisine in a victorian style house

I came to Emmer&Rye because it was part of Seattle Restaurant Week where you can get 3 courses for $25. The cute Victorian style house that the restaurant is housed in is charming and has a very cozy feel to it. It was Wednesday and the place was pretty lively – though maybe partly due to the fact that it was Restaurant Week. Regardless, I really liked the atmosphere, it had a homey feel to it and we ended up staying at the restaurant for 3 hours – relaxing and chatting over the food and wine.

As for the food, well, none of us ended up actually ordering off the special restaurant week menu because the items on the regular menu looked so good. Lots of organic and locally grown items. And I’m glad I went with what I ordered. The pork belly and pork shoulder immediately attracted my attention – as well as the shucked oysters with bacon. I ordered those and our table also spit 2 bottles of wine. The wine and cheese appetizer was awesome. In the end we topped it off by splitting 2 desserts since everyone was full – both excellent. Our waiter was nice, the dishes were spaced out nicely by the waitstaff.

One nice thing is all items come in half or full orders, so you can mix and match various dishes if you like to sample different ones. I thought this was a nice touch. And in many cases the half portion was plenty – I’m glad I didn’t order a full. A great restaurant for sharing with friends!

The menu had quite a lot of good looking items on it, I’d like to come back to try it again because there were things I didn’t get to try. Overall, I think that we got a great value and overall experience for the price. Between 6 people, everyone ordered about 2 things and we split 2 bottles of wine and 2 desserts, and it came out to $38. I thought it was well spent and will definitely be back for more. I give this place a thumbs up!

artisanal cheese, apricot bread, apple membrillo

delicious! choice of 5 different cheese. the apricot and bread complimented the cheese perfectly! a nice start to dinner paired with some wine.

shucked oysters, bacon, smoked porter mignonette

i was looking forward to this one, but the bacon didn’t really go with the oysters – they just kind of sprinkled the bacon on top and crunch texture didn’t really go with the oysters. the oysters were good, but not excellent. probably skip this one.

pork belly, heirloom beans, chicories

delicious. so yummy, you’ll want the full order :D nice chunks of pork belly on top of some really yummy beans that were cooked in sort of greenish sauce. win!

cider-braised pork shoulder, root vegetables, collards (1/2 order)

excellent! the braised pork was a beautiful brown on the outside, looked like it might be dry but as soon as you cut your fork into it you see all the moisture has been kept inside. the meat falls apart and pairs nicely with the collard greens which were some of the best collard greens i’ve had. def getting this again. not sure whether i liked the pork belly or pork shoulder better…

grassfed beef bolognese, red wine sausage, orrechiette (1/2 order)

wow, i don’t even normally like cream sauces on pasta but this was really delicious – light and tasty, the pasta was cooked just right and the beef added some nice chunks of meaty goodness to it. half order was plenty!

bourbon chocolate bread pudding

if you get any dessert you should get this, it topped the other two (rhubarb and apple crisp desserts) – the bread pudding is unique in that the texture is different than most bread puddings. it’s very fluffy with more of a pastry-ish texture, not as dense as most bread puddings. and even though it looks really chocolately it wasn’t overly sweet at all. plenty to go around for sharing!

Northwest Organic American

Bakeries in Downtown

Remo Borracchini's Bakery

Bakeries in Atlantic

emmer&rye  Restaurant Reviews

emmer&rye is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Emmer & Rye, Queen Anne Organic Restaurants, Organic Cafe Queen Anne, Organic Restaurants Queen Anne, Emmer And Rye Restaurant, Emmer & Rye Restaurant, Queen Anne Organic Restaurant Seattle, Emmer&Rye Organic, and Emmer And Rye Menu.