38-16 Broadway
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410-5400

Empire Hunan Restaurant

Cuisine: Chinese, Japanese, Pan Asian

Empire Hunan Restaurant is a Chinese, Japanese, and Pan Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
  • 2/04/2019

A diner from Franklin Lakes, NJ tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 8/02/2015

A Chinese chowhound from Teaneck, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/19/2013

A dining patron from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the ambiance.

• 6/06/2013

A diner from Ardsley, NY tried it and liked it.

elvisdo photo

elvisdo

Mahwah, NJ

Empire Hunan has Great Chinese and Japanese Cuisine

When my co-workers and I need a quick Asian fix for lunch, the first menu that comes out is always Empire Hunan of Fair Lawn. Ever since we discovered how good the food is for great prices, we don’t question the taste of this place at all. The best part is that they offer both Chinese and Japanese cuisine! Usually I am wary of places that offer more than one cuisine that because it never seems authentic or usually one suffers over the other. This is not the case with Empire Hunan.

Everybody is always looking for the best prices for lunch and Empire Hunan has a very competitive listing on its menu. From Monday to Friday, between 11:30 am to 3:00 pm, and Saturday to Sunday, from 12 noon to 3:00 pm, the lunch menu offers a variety of selections. The popular dish among my co-workers is Chicken with Garlic Sauce. Many people have ordered this dish quite often that whenever I place the order over the phone, I can recite it by heart as to how many want it. And usually they want it with the garlic sauce of the side rather than doused on the chicken.

I like to change things up every time I order from this place between the Chinese and Japanese dishes. There is a great selection noodle dishes that I love especially if I want pan-fried noodles. House specialties are popular as well with General Tso leading the pack. What’s great is the selection of chicken, beef or large shrimp with the dish. Everybody who has tried it has commented on how much they like this version of General Tso’s. I usually find that this is similar to Sesame Chicken that there isn’t much of a difference, However, at Empire Hunan, the difference is stark and I really appreciate it.

The Japanese lunch menu costs a bit more than the Chinese one but it’s because it’s all about sushi and sashimi. I find the Sashimi Lunch to be the most worthwhile on the lunch menu with a combination of 10 pieces. There have been many times, however, that I have received the Sashimi Dinner (16 pieces) instead but only charged for the lunch.

The lunch menu also comes with soup or egg roll and white rice or vegetable fried rice. Brown rice can also be substituted in both Chinese and Japanese dishes.

What makes this place superb is its location and quick delivery. They are only located not even five minutes from the office so we are lucky that service is quick.

One time, we all went as a group for lunch to the actually restaurant and had a great time. The accommodation is decorative and inviting making the ambience of the place suitable for dining.

I have nothing but great things to say about Empire Hunan of Fair Lawn. They have been in business for over 20 years serving the community and creating happy and satisfied customers. The food is good enough for us to become frequent customers of the place.

Sashimi Lunch

A great lunch menu item consisting of 3 pieces of tuna, 3 pieces of salmon & 4 pieces of white fish. Also comes with miso soup and white rice. Definitely a popular dish!

Chicken with Garlic Sauce

A popular dish with a nice spicy kick to it. Comes with choice of soup or egg roll and white or vegetable rice.

General Tso's Shrimp

One of the best versions of General Tso’s I have ever tasted. Nice and spicy as well.

OmegaSupreme74 photo

OmegaSupreme74

Cranford, NJ

Fast and tasty Chinese food

I work near Empire Hunan so my co-workers and I usually order from this place for lunch. The food is great and they have a good selection between Chinese and Japanese dishes. I don’t like Japanese food that much but it’s a good altenative for those who do. Usually there is four or five of us that order at once so it’s a good deal to go in with other people.

The lunch menu is reasonably priced and they give good portions. Everyone never finishes what they order and usually have enough leftovers to take home. I like how with the main selection a choice of soup or egg roll and rice is included with the deal. Our office is less than 5 minutes away so the delivery is always fast. This is good for a hungry group of people who need the food right away.

A popular dish that everyone orders is the chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce. The funny thing is that everyone always asks for the sauce of the side. Noodle dishes are also offered and they are really worth the money considering how much you get even for a lunch portion.

I like Empire Hunan a lot and my friends at work will say the same hing. It has become such a reliable place to get food in a pinch for a hungry group of people.

delirium820 photo

delirium820

Waldwick, NJ

Chinese and Japanese served under one roof...

I can’t believe how fast this place delivers to my office every time i call. It’s always within 20 minutes of ordering. The food is fantastic and I can’t believe how much I enjoy the lunch specials. I have become designated person to make orders for everyone. Plus they serve both Chinese and Japanese. It’s a win-win for everyone who has different tastes. Recommended!

Lana_One photo

Lana_One

Fair Lawn, NJ

Don't eat there

Very bad service. The owner is very rude. If you order for a pick up, they serve a bad food. Also they charge you an about extra $2 for it. They don’t deliver either.

Do Not Eat Here

Although the food is very good, the owner is rude and hung up on us three times when questioned about an order they messed up. My company has ordered from them several times and we’ve always been given a hard time through the order process but the orders have come out correct and tasty. This time however, they combined 2 orders of sushi rolls and one was for a person who is highly allergic to seafood so it could not touch the other rolls. It was explained that these were 2 different orders and when we called to ask for one of the orders to be done again, the owner refused and hung up. Even when threatened with a credit card chargeback. We will not be ordering from them again.

Chinese Japanese Sushi Bars

Empire Hunan Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Empire Hunan Restaurant is located near the cities of Hawthorne, Glen Rock, Prospect Park, Monsey, and Elmwood Park.
People found this by searching for: Empire Hunan Fair Lawn Nj Menu, Empire Hunan Fair Lawn Menu, Empire Hunan Fair Lawn, Empire Hunan Fair Lawn Hours, Empire Hunan In Fairlawn, Empire Hunan Fair Lawn Nj, Empire Diner Fair Lawn, Empire Hunan Fairlawn, and Empire Hunan, Fair Lawn, Order Online.