2020 Western Ave
Seattle, WA 98121-2109

Etta's Seafood

Neighborhoods: Pike Place Market
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Pub Food

Etta's Seafood is a American, Seafood, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"We loved the grilled octopus dish,the mussels and the wonderful bread; wines were excellent, as was the view."
Cons
"We have not a single con"
Comments
"Enjoy Tom Douglas' incredibly inspired cooking. We wish we could eat with you every day !"
  • 8/19/2014

An American chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    We have not a single con
Arlahna photo

Arlahna

Everett, WA

Birthday dinner!

My husband brought me here to celebrate my birthday about a month ago and I apologize for the delay in reviewing it.

As a Food Network addict, I have heard of Tom Douglas on several occasions. Loved his battle on Iron Chef (salmon was perfect for him!) and watched him on Emeril Live a while back, but until now my only opportunity to sample his food was at the Bite of Seattle. It merely whetted my appetite for more! My husband is aware of this and, as a fellow foodie, shared my desire. We were not disappointed. Well, maybe on a couple points.

The food was absolutely delicious. We loved every bite. There were only two things that I didn’t care for much. One was negligable. I guess I just don’t understand why restaurants insist on serving butter nearly frozen solid. It’s fairly impossible to spread on bread that way. The other point, though, I think is valid.

Tom Douglas is known for his crab cakes, so of course we had to try them as an appetizer. They were every bit as delicious as we expected, but we had a major problem. You get three (3!!!) tiny little quarter sized cakes for way too expensive a price, $13! A family at a neighboring table, 4 people in all, also ordered the crab cakes as an appetizer and it arrived the same way, 3 little crab cakes. For 4 people? I don’t think so. Granted, they’re delicious, but we won’t make that mistake again.

Over all, I give this place 4 out of 5 stars. They’re delicious, but you might want to make sure you get the details on your appetizers before you order them.

Oregon Quail

Yum yum yum yum yum… I love quail and this was done perfectly! After the crab cakes, I was afraid I’d only get one but I was given a good portion with two birds on my plate. Perfect! And I even enjoyed the brussel sprouts that came with it. That might have been the bacon’s fault, though…

Crab Cakes Starter

Why did I give this incredibly tasty dish only 3 stars?? If you haven’t read my review above, here’s the brief version: $13 is way too much to pay for 3 tiny quarter sized crab cakes, no matter how delicious they are.

sib photo

sib

Seattle, WA

Great burger, even though the fish is the specialty

Consistently good food, enjoyable atmosphere. Nice location near Pike Place Market. Service is usually good but can get slow at peak times.
Reservations recommended at lunch.

Hamburger

Juicy and flavorful, cooked just as ordered. I eat it most visits, even though it’s primarily a seafood restaurant.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Save Room for Dessert!

I was meeting a fellow sorority sister who was visiting Seattle on a job for a few months, and after seeing where she lived in downtown, Etta’s was a logical place to meet for a late lunch.

I’d walked by Etta’s many times but had never ventured in. I realized, poised outside the door, that I thought of Etta’s as a touristy place. Well, if nothing else I’d just make the most of it and life would go on. Inside I went, and my sister and I caught up (“So, what have YOU been doing for the past 10 years?”) over salmon. I ordered the Etta’s Rub with Love wild Coho salmon with shiitake relish and cornbread pudding. The salmon was actually wonderfully spiced and I found myself forcing my hand and fork to slow down and not inhale my fish. The shiitake relish was lovely as well, but as I am not a huge corn/mush/polenta/etc. fan, I didn’t really touch the cornbread pudding.

After lunch we were stuffed, but of course we still had to try a couple of desserts (who ever said hedonism was dead?). We settled on the Triple coconut cream pie that I’ve heard fellow Seattleites swoon over and the Vanilla creme brulee, which is another fave dessert of mine. Both were wonderful, and I’d recommend saving room for dessert when you come to Etta’s.

Brasa

Romantic in Belltown

Salumi

Italian in Pioneer Square

Shodai Teriyaki

Teriyaki in Central District

11/25/2020

A Mexican chowhound from Federal Way, WA tried Malena's Taco Shop in North Queen Anne.

11/23/2020

A Burgers food lover from Seattle, WA tried Pepperdock Restaurant in Alki, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/16/2020

A Japanese chowhound from Largo, FL tried Nara Grill in Belltown and liked it.

11/09/2020

A dining patron from Beijing, 22 tried Mom's Teriyaki in Belltown.

11/08/2020

An Italian food lover from Seattle, WA tried La Rustica in Alki.

11/04/2020

An International food lover from Salyersville, KY tried Top of the Inn Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/02/2020

A diner from Seattle, WA tried Burgermaster-Aurora in Greenwood.

10/29/2020

A diner from Tacoma, WA tried Pizza Hut in Pinehurst and liked it.

10/27/2020

A Mexican chowhound from US tried El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant Greenwood in Greenwood, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Incredible food , great prices. Dane Hansen
Comments
living in Vegas now , have to get back to Washington so I can spoil myself again, here !
10/16/2020

A diner tried Nikko's Teriyaki in Junction.

American Seafood Belltown

Bakeries in Atlantic

Mee Sum Pastry

Bakeries in Downtown

Etta's Seafood  Restaurant Reviews

Etta's Seafood is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Etta's Menu, Etta's Seafood Seattle Menu, Etta's Seafood Menu, Etta's Seafood Pike Place, Etta Pikes Market, Etta's Pike Place, Etta's Pike Place Market, and Etta's Seattle.