Family Meal

Cuisine: Contemporary American, Lunch, Burgers

Family Meal is a Contemporary American, Lunch, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Cons
"Food was awful, had 2 different wait staff and water or glass smelled dirty. "
  • 12/30/2013

A Contemporary American food lover from Bethesda, MD tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    Food was awful, had 2 different wait staff and water or glass smelled dirty.
  • 9/12/2013

A diner from Baltimore, MD tried it.

• 3/11/2013

A Contemporary American chowhound from Catonsville, MD tried it and liked it.

BobMob photo

BobMob

Mount Airy, MD

I'd go back, if it weren't for the noise!

I went to Family Meal yesterday for lunch. Tom, the WashPost Sunday magazine guy gave it a “good” rating, so I figured I’d have nothing to lose. I should have paid more attention to the “Sound Check” part of the review, because it turned out that I did have something to lose: my hearing! Family Meal is hands down the noisiest restaurant I’ve ever been to. I pity the kids that work there. Like secondhand smoke, the incessant din of the place will, over time, take its toll.

The food was OK, if pricey. I had a burger and some coleslaw. The burger was cooked as I requested, and was juicy and flavorful. The meat seemed to be fairly coarsely ground, giving it a nice chewy texture. A toasted bun would have been a nice improvement, given that the juices quickly turned the bottom half of the soft bun to mush, but I’m not one to condemn a burger for being a bit sloppy.

The coleslaw seemed fairly limp and bland to my taste, but I’ll admit that I’m partial to the tart, more highly seasoned (black pepper, celery seed, dill weed, etc.) stuff found in some BBQ places.

Family Meal has an interesting menu, and I would like to go back a try a few other things, but there’s no way I’ll subject my hearing to that kind of punishment just to try some fries cooked in duck fat or whatever.

Contemporary American Lunch Dinner

Family Meal  Restaurant Reviews

Family Meal is located near the cities of Urbana.
People found this by searching for: Family Meal Frederick Md Menu, The Family Meal Frederick Md Menu, Family Meal Frederick Takeout Menu, Family Meal Menu Frederick, Family Meal Frederick Menu, Family Table Restaurant Frederick Md, and Family Meal Frederick.