2614 Brownsville Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15227-2006

Family Restaurant

(Between Maytide St and Belplain St)

Neighborhoods: Carrick
Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Sandwiches/Subs.

Family Restaurant is a Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Sandwiches/Subs. restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Friendly owners and quick service. Authentic tasting food and prices are reasonable"
"Kid-friendly, lots of food and overall good service."
"Friendly service. The chicken shawarma sandwich is fantastic. The mezza platter is delicious and always fresh. "
"The owner needs to be more friendly he was not very nice wanted to walk out and say f. U my girlfriend said no please"
"Awesome Food!! Super Clean Restaurant!!! & GREAT SERVICE!!! We 4~Got R Wallet & Hadn't Even Realized It, When There Was A Knock @ R Door!! The Women Who Had Waited On My Husband Made Sure It Was Returned 2 Us B~4 We Even Finished R Meal!!"
"Absolutely delicious! I order from them at least twice a month. "
"Best pizza in the area by far"
"Everything we've ordered is amazing!"
"Taste"
"The best middle eastern food in Pittsburgh, pretty good wings and pizza too!"
Cons
"None."
"The Only Con Was More Cucumber Sauce!!!"
"Small new business, needs the support of Pittsburghers to stay open!"
Comments
"Eat here...You won't be disappointed!"
"I've been here 4 times in the past 2 weeks, and tried something different each time, from the broasted style wings, to the gyro wrap, to the baba gannouj and the falafel I have been constantly impressed. "
  • 6/20/2017

A diner from Louisville, CO tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/28/2017

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 4/25/2017

A Middle Eastern chowhound from Pittsburgh, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Kid-friendly, lots of food and overall good service.
  • 3/18/2017

A Middle Eastern chowhound from New Kensington, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    None.
    Comments
    Eat here...You won't be disappointed!
  • 12/28/2016

• 10/11/2016

A Middle Eastern food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/02/2016

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 3/11/2016

A Middle Eastern chowhound from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 11/25/2015

A Middle Eastern food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 9/16/2015

A Middle Eastern food lover from Beaver, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

jwwilcox photo

jwwilcox

Pittsburgh, PA

Quality food, delicious and fresh!

I’ve eaten at this restaurant 6+ times. Nearby restaurants are mostly bars or pizza shops so this is a welcome addition to the neighborhood. I love the sandwiches which are large and delicious. The owners are generous and care about your experience. Sometimes they give free dessert with dinner. They are eager to serve high quality food…. HIGHLY recommend!

Gyro

Absolutely the best Gyro I’ve ever had. Ultra fresh toppings and plenty of meat. Its also put in falafel shell which I like better than the original gyro shell.

karajoy photo

karajoy

great food

Unfortunately the name of the restaurant doesn’t really tell you what type of food they have. It’s kind of a generic name, but the food is amazing! It is a Mediterranean Style restaurant with some American style food too. I went here with my family and we loved it. My kids are really picky eaters so having the American food also on the menu made this place enjoyable for everyone. They also have take out or delivery. The service was great too! I highly recommend it.

nathanielb photo

nathanielb

A fantastic find in Carrick/Brentwood

When this place opened sometime in mid 2013 I had no idea it was there. When I saw the store front I had no idea what was going on inside and then I asked some locals – everyone who talked about it said that it was very impressive middle eastern food.

So when I finally went – I wasn’t sure if it was just overblown stories or what. I started with the gyro wrap and because I was intrigued that they also served wings, I got those too.

The gyro was enormous and delicious! The wings reminded me of the ‘broasted’ style that you can only get in a few places in Pittsburgh now days (Chicken Derby, George Aikens, Frisch’s) and they were large and excellent! I want them now just thinking about it.

When I returned with my wife I tried the shawarma wrap. Holy wow! The wrap is stuffed with everything good in the universe. They make their own pickles that just make the sandwich yum! Next the wife and I ordered a pizza – their regular cheese is like extra cheese from most places, and the sauce is a spicy, not sweet affair. I would say that the pizza itself is better than most places in the area who deliver.

Today I got the shish tawook (wow!), and my wife the falafel and it was great to see her face light up with pure joy – seriously – she loved it more than any falafel she has ever had.

What I’m saying is – great food – all around!

The place is run by a couple – the husband cooks, the wife serves all other roles in the evenings. She’s very friendly and he knows what hospitality is. Because my kabob was going to take a little longer than other meals, he brought out a place of hummus and baba, for free, and when my wifes meal was ready before mine, he plated a falafel ball for me, again without charge, just being proud of his food and a great host.

It is very clean inside, the bathrooms are spotless, there is usually parking available on the street, and a parking lot very close by and you should try this place out. Help another great local business become a stable member of our business community.

shawarma wrap

There is another place in castle shannon that people say has the best shawarma, and it doesn’t hold a torch to what Family Restaurant will give you – either in price or taste.

Casbah

Mediterranean in Shadyside

Namaste India

Indian in Banksville

Pizza Fiesta

Pizza in Central Business District

8/18/2018

A diner from Weirton, WV tried The Colony Restaurant.

8/18/2018

An American food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Atria's Pleasant Hills, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/17/2018

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried Food Glorious Food in Highland Park.

8/17/2018

A diner from South Park, PA tried Armstrong's.

8/16/2018

An American food lover from Mckeesport, PA tried Atria's Pleasant Hills, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Friendly servers, attentive. Restaurant gets very loud. Can't hear your own conversation.
Cons
Loud
8/16/2018

An Italian food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Armstrong's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Delicious food in generous portions. Best bread sticks for an appetizer ever, oh the zucchini also. Relaxed atmosphere with prompt and excellent service.
8/13/2018

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried Armand's Bar in Bloomfield.

8/12/2018

A Pizza food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Maietta Restaurant in Mt. Oliver Boro.

8/08/2018

A Cafe chowhound from Pittsburgh, PA tried Workday Cafe.

8/06/2018

A diner from US tried British Bicycle Club in Downtown.

Middle Eastern Mediterranean Delivery

Family Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Family Restaurant is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Family Restaurant Brownsville Rd, Middle Eastern Restaurant Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Family Restaurants, Family Restaurant Carrick, Family Restaurant Brownsville Road, Family Restaurant Carrick Menu, Family Restaurant 15227, Family Restaurant Carrick Pa, and Family Restaurant Brownsville Menu.