716 Smithtown Byp
Smithtown, NY 11787

Famous Dave's

Cuisine: Barbecue, American, Vegetarian

Famous Dave's is a Barbecue, American, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Good ribs and service "
  • 8/20/2014

A Barbecue food lover from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good ribs and service
  • 5/24/2014

A diner from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 5/03/2013

A Barbecue food lover from Smithtown, NY tried it.

lucymellace photo

lucymellace

Bronx, NY

Not sure how famous they are but the food was good

Looks like a couple folks were unhappy here, and I’d bet they’re unhappy all the time when they’re sober. I had both the Baby Backs and St. Louis ribs, both pretty darn good. My family all agreed, two has burgers, one chicken. The beans were very good, so were the fries. Quite a few types of sauces on the table, couldn’t narrow down which one I likes best. We were there on a Friday evening and had to wait an hour, but the wait was worth it. Have I had better ribs, yea, mine are better but for a commercial restaurant I give them 4 stars.

Baby Back-N-Meat BBQ Combo

I Already did!

sherrip1 photo

sherrip1

Selden, NY

Famous Daves

You are greeted with a friendly smile. The waiters and waitresses are wonderful. Everyplace you look around, there is something very interesting to look at. The food is fabulous. The ribs melt in your mouth and the macaroni and cheese is the best I’ve ever had. The lunch specials last until 5:30! The desserts are outrageous. Take your receipt home, call the number up and bring the receipt back the next time you eat at Daves. Your dessert will be free! I cannot say one bad word about this place. Clean, delicious and you’ll want to go back for sure.!

lunch

Ribs, brisket, corn muffin, mac & cheese…..Free Kalaua brownie and they give you delicious chips to try all their BBQ sauces.

Binney photo

Binney

Riverhead, NY

not sure why this place is famous...

We visited this restaurant last Saturday at about 6:00 PM. There was no line, no waiting. In fact, we had the whole room to ourselves! We were promptly given menus and asked if we would like a drink. Surprisingly there was a limited number of beers and ales available. I asked if they had any seasonal brews – pumpkin ale or anything. The answer was no, so hubby ordered me a Samuel Adams Oktoberfest and himself a Brooklyn Brown Ale. He and she went back and forth over the Brooklyn ales and she again asked me what I’d like. So I reiterated Oktoberfest. In a surly tone she told me that she already said that they did not have it. Whew! OK, sorry! I ended up with a Blue Point!

We ordered and our food was delievered within 7 minutes…I mean so fast we thought it could not have possible been ours! That was the first clue that maybe things are not cooked to order here… I ordered the “Halvin’ my baby” which was a ½ rack of baby back ribs and some side dishes. My ribs were tough, the mac & cheese looked old and reheated – not at all creamy like I expected from the menu – it almost looked like leftovers and it was COLD – OK almost warm, but not quite! The corn on the cob was definitely sitting around for a long time…it was so dried up I didn’t even touch it!

Hubby said his was OK – and he is the one that wanted to try this restaurant. Layer that night he told me he’ll never go back – REPEATED all night…

Daughter’s meal seemed to be fine – chicken tenders!

In a nutshell, this is a fastfood place dressed up like a Cracker Barrel. The food is pre-cooked and not re-heated very well.

Save your money!!

Halvin’ My Baby

see above!

Baby Back-N-Meat BBQ Combo

see above

Chicken Tenders

see above

5/12/2021

A diner from US tried Tomo Hibachi Japanese Restaurant.

5/09/2021

A dining patron from Belmar, NJ tried Maureen's Kitchen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Ambiance and food Generally great servers but sometimes harried
Comments
Give yourself time to wait super popular place worth the wait
4/18/2021

A dining patron from Norwalk, CT tried Thai House.

3/15/2021

A Greek food lover from US tried Akropolis Greek Restaurant.

3/02/2021

A dining patron from US tried Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Food was good
Cons
We had to call the police to get our car from being blocked in. The management team did NOTHING to help. “ I don’t want to bother people” were his exact words. What a unfortunate experience.
2/23/2021

A dining patron from US tried Chop Shop Bar and Grill.

1/30/2021

A Mexican chowhound from Howell, NJ tried Casa Luis Inc.

12/12/2020

A diner from Ridgefield, NJ tried Thai House.

12/03/2020

A Thai chowhound from Smithtown, NY tried Thai House.

12/02/2020

A Grill chowhound from Nesconset, NY tried Chop Shop Bar and Grill.

Barbecue American Family Style

Famous Dave's  Restaurant Reviews

Famous Dave's is located near the cities of Village Of The Branch, Hauppauge, Nesconset, Saint James, and St James.
People found this by searching for: Famous Daves Restgaurants,Smithown, Famous Dave's Smithtown, Famous Dave's Smithtown Ny, Beef Ribs Restaurant. Smithtown, Ny, Bbq In Smithtown N. Y., Dave's Bbq Smithtown Ny, Famous Daves Smithtown Reviews, and Famous Dave's.