620 E State Highway 260
Payson, AZ 85541

Fargo's Steak House

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Lunch, Breakfast

Fargo's Steak House is a Steakhouse, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"coconut crusted salmon. Feature martini. "
Cons
"We were only in the area for a day so we couldn't return! "
  • 5/09/2021

Aaronh1974 tried it.

• 5/09/2021

A diner from US tried it.

• 7/17/2020

• 6/11/2020

A Steakhouse chowhound from US tried it.

• 11/23/2018

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 6/16/2018

A dining patron from Payson, AZ tried it.

• 7/29/2017

A Steakhouse chowhound from Payson, AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/05/2017

A diner from Scottsdale, AZ tried it.

• 6/28/2017

A Steakhouse food lover from US tried it.

• 4/08/2017

A diner from Payson, AZ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Jason_M photo

Jason_M

Gilbert, AZ

Forego Fargo's Steakhouse

Several weeks ago,after a long and unsuccessful day of fishing in the mountains of Northern Arizona, my wife and I were looking forward to a nice dinner out. We were just thankful that we did not have to survive off of what he caught and that the establishment of choice was conveniently located next door to our hotel (who just happened to hand guests a half-off appetizer coupon to with each check-in). Enter Payson’s exclusive, high-end, fine dining establishment known as “Fargos Steakhouse”.

As my wife and I arrived, we were instantly enamored by the lovely looking establishment. Essentially built in a log cabin style, the restaurant is quite spacious with huge windows and vaulted ceilings and contains a beautifully low lit ambiance that makes you want to either run back to the mountains or propose your hand in marriage. At first glance, we were impressed and excited with what was to come.

We were greeted by two teenage greeters, both charming and professional. That is, up to the point in which they failed to warn a server holding a half-eaten tray of food, that we were quickly approaching from behind.

Smack!

Right into my wife, tray of food onto the floor and onto her.

So much for atmosphere and ambiance.

And after a brief session of apologies and fake laughter about the situation, we were seated.

Now the thing about Fargo’s Steakhouse is that they have no truth in their advertising. They look nice, they have a nice website, but I would rather not return to the establishment again.

After inquiring about how their Jumbo Scallops were prepared, the server stated that they were cooked in a convection oven.

A convection oven.

Really? I’m no chef, but I have enough sense to know that scallops need to be seared properly in a saute pan.

We skipped on the scallops. And I’m glad we did because the next morning a local we ran into told us that they had once tried them and found them to be similar in consistency to a bouncy rubber ball. Instead, I ordered the ribs and my wife ordered a smothered chicken dish. Soon they arrived at our table and it didn’t take long for me to discover that I needed a chainsaw to cut the ribs with and a professional stone mason to chisel the “meat” off of those CONVECTION oven rib bones. As for my wife’s chicken? You guessed it…dry, cooked in a convection oven. The stuffed mushrooms we got as an appetizer were slimy and covered in too much cheese. Someone needs to buy those people a set of Rachel Ray cookware or something. So we left disappointed and about $75 poorer. And we drank Ice-tea, no alcohol was involved. Although I wish it had been.

Aaronh1974 photo

Aaronh1974

Gilbert, AZ

Horrible owner and manager (Debby)

Our server Jordan was amazing. Can’t say that for the owner as well as the manager Debby. My 16oz prime rib was messed up 3 times. Ordered medium rare. Plate came out with blood everywhere, half was cooked correctly and the other half was rare. They took it back and refired it. Came out well done. 3rd time it came out it was a super skinny piece and full of fat and gristle. I had Debbie come look at it and talked to her about it. She said that all 3 different cooks were what they considered medium rare. She even said the owner agreed with the cook on them. I’ve been ordering prime rib for 30 years medium rare, both of you are wrong. I asked to talk to the owner but she miraculously left the building at that exact moment. They made me pay for it anyways. My wife and I chose this place out of every place to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. I don’t want to see the owners response to this. I’ve seen her other responses, condescending to say the least. Sad that you made it through the pandemic while others had to close down. I’ll post a picture of the prime rib I get from the casino tomorrow and show you how it’s supposed to be cooked.

The owner responded on Google and was a piece of work. Go read her response. She admitted the prime rib was cooked wrong but turns around and justifies it. I would never of expected an owner of a restaurant to have this attitude. Now I know why her manager is the same way. Reviews talk about the rude staff as well. They don’t have a good role model so I guess you couldn’t expect anything less. I’m glad Jordon is the exception. With spending $170 on alchohol, dinner and the tip you think the owner wouldn’t have such a bad attitude. I would advise you not to go here because the quality of food doesn’t justify the price you pay. I would go to the casino buffet for prime rib if I was you. There’s a McDonald’s right down the street I would recommend as well. BTW, the photo of the prime rib is from the casino we went to the next day. That’s what medium rare prime rib should look like. Didn’t cost me $33, take 3 shots to still get it wrong and taste AMAZING!

Prime rib

Read above

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

Way ta go Fargo!

Wow! We came to visit the Payson area for the first time since moving to Arizona, and boy I’m glad I benchmarked this restaurant – incredible food, service, hospitality (Shawna was a fabulous server) and ambience! We’re already planning on coming back here on our next trip to Payson. The moment you approach this establishment, it gives you the feel you will be comfortable entering it. The architecture and design is welcoming, its vast entrance does not overwhelm you with but gives you the feel of a warm and comfy mountain lodge without the extreme vastness of one. Our seating was comfortable, neat and clean with enticing views through their vast windows and incredible woodwork and design. I must say they have a great array of eats available for almost any discriminating palate! After a while attempting to decide, we started off with my Money Maker Martini – scrumptious, and my wife had an Arnold Palmer – delishily prepared! We started our meal with an appetizer of Calamari Fries that you could tell were hand rolled, seasoned, deep-fried and served with a mild but tasty chipotle tartar aioli, along with a Thai dipping sauce- most definitely worth repeating. The lentil soup I had was incredible! Our main courses consisted of my Bleu Cheese Prime Rib Sammich with aged prime rib on a hoagie with Bleu Cheese grinds, fab caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, and an aromatic garlic mayonnaise along with some awesome steak fries and my Wife’s Fargo Philly Cheese Steak with sliced aged prime rib and sautéed mushrooms, green peppers and red onions with melted Provolone cheese – it was served on a country French roll with more awesome steak fries. Kudos to the owners, operators and staff at Fargo’s – great overall satisfaction in your business is very hard to reach, and you have done so all around. We’ll be back ASAP! Bon appétit.

ambert9 photo

ambert9

Payson, AZ

mothers day gone bad, feel like I was ripped off

Went there for a mothers day LUNCH and $61 later left very disappointing. The only reason it is not one star is my scallops were cooked nice which is hard to do. The Crab cakes were disgusting tasted like canned tuna and corn bread. The salad was just some half wilted lettuce on a plate and the butter for the roll was frozen. My Vegetables were barely cooked and served cold, when I complained they brought me another bowl of still not cooked but at least warmer vegetables.

crab cakes app

only giving it one star because they didnt allow for less. Cost $13 and got 3 very tiny round balls that tasted like canned tuna and corn bread, was very very gross. I have had crab cakes frozen from safeway that cost $1 each that taste better.

Sintillator photo

Sintillator

Flagstaff, AZ

Very Very Good

Stopped by for lunch and was greeted and seated immediately opting for the bar side. Was recommended the French Dip and frankly it was one of the best I’ve ever eaten. The meat was obviously the Prime Ribeye they have on the dinner menu but it wasn’t that tougher rendition most places have for lunch. It appeared as though it was made specifically for me. It was perfect in temp and melted in my mouth. The bread was spectacularly fresh. The Au jus delicious with condiments of horseradish, sour cream horseradish, ranch dressing provided also. Crispy steakhouse fries and a well poured Crown press to drink and I was in heaven. The very nice well spoken bartender only added to the dining experience.

Other diners arrived and started to fill in the bar and the bartender offered the same personalized service to each and everyone. These weren’t 20 something kids. We were all over 40/50+ and I think I’m safe in stating that we appreciate that kind of service in this day and age. Which leads to the prices. They were fair very fair for the type of service, quality of food, atmosphere received. Could I have eaten more inexpensively? Sure almost anywhere else in Payson is more inexpensive and if that is what motivates you then this is not your place.

However if you do like or have time to dine instead of just eat. If you want a experience instead of just something to quell your hunger then I feel very comfortable in offering you this positive review. Treat yourself, treat a friend go to Fargo’s.

French Dip

See overall review

Steakhouse Lunch Breakfast

Fargo's Steak House  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Fargo's Steakhouse Payson Az, Fargo's Steakhouse Payson Review, Fargostreakhouse.Com, Fargo's Steakhouse Payson Arizona Menu, Fargo's Payson Az, Fargo's Steakhouse, Fargo's Payson, Restaurants In Payson Az That Serve Steak, and Fargos Steakhouse.