10 Se 7th Ave
Portland, OR 97214-1244

Farm Cafe

Neighborhoods: Buckman
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Cafe, Coffee

Farm Cafe is a Vegetarian, Cafe, and Coffee restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Espresso-300x200

Half-caf, triple shot, no-foam latte. What the heck does that mean? It’s not as complicated as it sounds once you know how to break it down. Most coffee drinks are some combination of espresso and ...read more

gbowden photo

gbowden

Portland, OR

Beyond Exquisite

The Farm Cafe is a cozy old house with an easy to miss sign that simply says “Farm” in small red neon letters. The place exudes an authenticity that’s hard to find in today’s culture of hipsters and over-consumption. The inside is cozy and features low, romantic lighting, with tables crammed in every nook and corner. The beautiful redwood bar is wedged between the door, patrons, and the kitchen; there is no wasted space.

The small menu features local northwest ingredients in a selection of exquisitely designed and prepared dishes. The menu is mostly vegetarian with one or two fish options, one or two vegan options, and sometimes a singe entree featuring chicken or another land-dwelling mammal. The rest of the menu, approximately four entrees, five appetizers, and three desserts, are rich northwest vegetarian inventions.

The quality of the cooking is beyond what I have had at any other restaurant. For reference, I have eaten at some of the most expensive and critically acclaimed restaurants in Portland, including the City Grill and Pazzo. But the farm surpasses both of these restaurants in the subtle use of rare ingredients and careful attention to detail.

An example of a meal I recently enjoyed featured a party of 6. Fortunately we were coming on a less busy day, and so our wait for a table was only 25 minutes. As we waited, we clustered in our group around the bar, where a few of us took advantage of the excellent mixed drink menu, featuring all natural mixers, no artificial colors, and top-shelf infused liquers.

After being seated, we ordered the baked brie with caramelized pear as an appetizer. This is a must-have appetizer; a generous portion of brie is buried in thinly sliced, sweetened pear and served with thin slices of fresh baked french bread.

For our entrees, two of us ordered a trout fillet, served with a selection of braised vegetables. As far as Farm Cafe goes, this was about the simplest dish they offer, but the fish was perfectly cooked and the braised vegetables featured sweet parsnips. Two of us ordered the veggie burger, which is made from about 15 different vegetables and spices and kicks the pants off any other veggie burger I’ve had. The toasted bun comes with wilted kale instead of lettuce, mild and tangy homemade mustard, and the dish includes a side salad with a mild vinaigrette. One person ordered a ravioli that was stuffed with cheese and squash. Unfortunately, the specifics of the stuffing escape me, but the pasta was smothered in a rich cream sauce and I do remember it being delicious. The last person in our party ordered a vegetable polenta – a compressed tube of cooked cornmeal. Although I am personally not one who enjoys polenta, my compatriot was unceasing in her raving praise for the merits of this particular polenta.

Finally, the price tag varies a lot, depending on what you order. you’ll pay between $11 and $22 for an entree, with most things around the $16 mark. Alcoholic drinks and appetizers are around $7. Nevertheless, a meal of similar (actually more likely to be inferior) quality at a more upscale restaurant would run somewhere around $25. Of course, if you want to be sucking the blood out of a chunk of steak, this isn’t the place for you.

Farmhouse Veggieburger

The Veggieburger is made from about 15 different vegetables and spices and kicks the pants off any other burger I’ve had. The toasted bun comes with wilted kale instead of lettuce, mild and tangy homemade mustard, and the dish includes a side salad with a mild vinaigrette. I think this is a vegan dish, but I am not certain.

Vegetarian SE Portland Reservations
Sun-Sat 05:00PM - 12:00AM
City Thai

Thai in Hillsdale

Farm Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Farm Cafe is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: The Farm Farmhouse Veggie Burger, No Artificial Cafe Beaverton, Farm Cafe Veggie Burger, Farmhouse Restaurant Portland Vegetarian, Farmhouse Veggie Burger Farm Cafe, Farm Cafe Portland, Romantic Vegetarian Restaurant Portland, 10 Se 7th Aveportland, Or, 97214 1244, and The Farm Cafe Veggie Burger.