Farmer Boy Restaurant

Cuisine: Family Dining, Breakfast, Diner

Farmer Boy Restaurant is a Family Dining, Breakfast, and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Inexpensive"
"No pros except the white trash of akron"
"None horrible"
"I was hungry for fish so stopped by for the fish fry. They were really busy! Since I was alone they had a small table. Waitress was very friendly and cheerful. Fish was very good."
"Price and sevive"
"The out door"
"Really bad service "
"Fast seating...great breakfast."
"Good value on food. "
"Love the Salisbury Steak!"
"Great food!"
"Fish dinners"
"Biscuit and gravy "
"Everything! Big portions and I can't leave without a pie!"
"Very good on everything"
"all you can eat fish!!! mmmm Veal parmesan with spaghetti "
Cons
"Cold food. Grumpy waitresses, not friendly. Not clean. Horrible place to eat!"
"Very old fashioned...like the 50's or 60's"
"Shut down"
"Really bad quality food"
"Price and service"
"Stupid servers"
"Little fat blonde manager couldn't give change let alone manage a group of people"
"Out dated place"
"Larger salads with the meal"
"Overcooked eggs"
"Wait service"
"Needs remodeled"
"Not too much I like the out dated look but not everyone does"
"The management Cheryl"
Comments
"It's OK but not my favorite"
"White trash!"
"Trashy restaurants "
"Out dated restaurant"
"Not even shabby chic"
"First and last time i go here"
"Put your hour online please!"
"Owners are great management needs to Chang"
friendlysam159 photo

friendlysam159

Canton, OH

ehh alright

When I first came across Farmer Boy restaurant I was a little uneasy with all of the mixed reviews my friends had given me. I decided i had to go in to make my own decision and help you make yours. The atmosphere was ok, it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t good. The service was sub-par. My waitress was rude to me and incredibly slow. Needless to say that I didn’t tip her well. The food was alright but not worth the wait at all. If you are lookin for a nice, fast, tasty place to eat, then I recommend that you try somewhere else in the Akron area.

Nikker_Sixx photo

Nikker_Sixx

Akron, OH

Framer Boy

Where to start. I didn’t like Farmer Boy that much. I ate there a couple time then I found myself getting a job there to make some money. I never liked the atmosphere there and after awhile it makes you crazy. I have been working there for 7 months and I can say alot about what goes on behind the kitchen doors.

The cooks take there good old time makeing food when you, their hard working paying costomer. Sometimes they wait till they are done with a real quick smoke break till they prepare your food. Not to mention their quick restroom breaks. The restrooms in the back arnt usually stocked with soap and papertowels so I highly doubt that they get thair hands cleaned befor handeling your food.

The dishes never get fully cleaned. After going through the dishwasher, half the food dont get off the plate, so they just wipe it off so it appears clean. Lots of germs.

The waitresses, they seem nice but when they walk back to their register, usualy they have nothing good to say about anyone. Then when you leave and only leave a couple dollar tip, they go on a rampage and wonder why they got such a small tip.

The head manager, not going to say any names is the worst manager I have ever met. Not very good at keeping the restraunt up and running.

(note: If you are looking for a job, I highly advise you look somewere else in Akron to work.)

Vegi_Gal photo

Vegi_Gal

Alliance, OH

In 2 words - Food poisoning

Friday fish fry left my husband throwing up into the morning hours. I can attest, from this experience alone that what Nikker_Sixx claims in his/her review appears to be true. This was our 3rd visit (all previous were good w/good, umm, end results) but it was our last. I had the eggplant parmesan, which I enjoyed. The service was good, especially given it being packed. But it all discounts what is apparently lacking in proper sanitary conditions.

Friday fish fry

Tasted good at the time, but it (or the cooks unwashed hands) gave my husband food poisoning.

October 31, 2012

Poor management, horrible food.

This place has gone downhill. There was a time when the parking lot of this place used to be full, but not anymore. Today, I learned why that is. First, they wouldn't let me substitute the eggs that came with a meal I had planned to order.…
May 7, 2011

It is what it is

If you're hoping to enjoy world-class food in a nondescript restaurant south of Akron, Ohio, you're barking up the wrong tree. You can achieve that goal, but you'll need to Google the phrase "Barberton Chicken" first. Farmer Boy is a…

Family Dining Breakfast Good For Kids

Farmer Boy Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 7/23/2016 A diner from Romulus, MI tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    Update the place,New Manager, Clean it up
    Comments
    Service is pretty good but No Comarderie amongst them,HELP EACHOTHER IT MAKES FOR BETTER SERVICE AN TIPS.
  • 7/03/2016 A diner from Canton, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/03/2016 A diner from Cleveland, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Food is excellent.Service is excellent. Great place to eat!
  • 7/01/2016 A diner from Akron, OH tried it.

• 6/22/2016 A diner from Cuyahoga Falls, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 6/22/2016 A diner from Akron, OH tried it.

• 6/13/2016 A diner from US tried it and liked it.

• 6/10/2016 A diner from Stow, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/31/2016 A diner from Bedford, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 5/30/2016 A diner from Broadview Heights, OH tried it.

Farmer Boy Restaurant is located near the cities of Summit County.
People found this by searching for: Farmer Boys Menu, Farmer Boy Restaurant Akron Ohio, Farmer Boy, Farmer Boy Akron, Farmer Boy Restaurant, Farmer Boy Restaurant Akron, Farmer Boy Akron Ohio, and Farmers Boy Restaurant.