Father's Office

Neighborhoods: Palms
Cuisine: Burgers, Hamburgers, American

Father's Office is a Burgers, Hamburgers, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

It's Father's Office, not "Father's Office II," the 2 or II part is just the nickname

Update: FO2 part deux
Needed to try their cocktails, so went back for that. Wanted a Manhattan but the rye whiskey hadn’t come in yet. So got the Sidecar, don’t think I’ve had that before, it was a well made drink. Also got the duck confit salad: duck leg was cooked as it should be, falling apart tender but still moist, flavorful, the salad had dried figs and hazelnuts in it, great flavor combination, nicely dressed, low on the acid.
Got there at 7pm, there was a short line that moved pretty quickly, but no place to sit inside. We friended two people sitting at the bar, so when they left we got their seats. Plus we bumped into two friends who happened to be there that night, very cool.

FO2’s first lunch service was today, starting at noon. We got there at 11:50, of course there was already a line. The doors opened at 12:07. Then there were lines to put in your order. I got the mussels (curry/lime), they were excellent, just cooked, great flavor. Seemed kind of expensive at $14 since mussels aren’t that expensive. Also got the sweet potato fries, now I understand all the raves. And the Tripel Karmeliet, from their list of really special beers— this beer was fantastic! Many of the beers are served in the various beer companies’ glasses—nice touch.
My friend liked the burger, and the regular fries were really good too.

And you have to try the water. They use reverse osmosis filtration, and the water tastes very pure.

Everyone working there was so friendly and completely kept their cool in the face of the onslaught.

I’ve gotta go back in the evening for their specialty cocktails. Too bad for all the hoopla and thus the lines. It would be such a great bar to just step into. The space is quite beautiful, with a 50-ft walnut bar, and generally lots of wood everywhere. Nice red tiles on the wall in the sink area where the restrooms are.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA
iPhone dining journal

A great place to visit often for a laid back...

A great place to visit often for a laid back time and great food and beer.

Office Burger at Father's Office

Office Burger

My favorite burger, hands-down.

Sweet Potato Fries at Father's Office

Sweet Potato Fries

Tasty!

tinajean photo

tinajean

Burbank, CA

Thank goodness for lack of choices.

Everywhere in life people want options. They want to pour over every possibility, every scenario and leave no stone unturned. Father’s Office offers a lot of choices when it comes to beer but if you’re hungry there really is no other option than a burger that has no peer. Half a pound of dry aged beef, caramelized onion, Applewood bacon, Gruyere cheese, Maytag blue cheese and arugula combine to form perfection. It’s like having Sandy Koufax throw a perfect game for your fantasy team every single day. The bread is ideal in texture in that it holds the burger together so you don’t have a sloppy meal in your hand and in the basket after a few bites. One of the mistakes that burger places make is trying to seduce you with sheer size in meat and toppings but if it’s subpar then what’s the point? F.O.’s perfect portion leaves you happy without having to loosen your belt. Add a basket of their sweet potato fries instead of the shoestring with one of their blonde beers and it really amounts to a perfectly balanced hamburger meal

iPhone dining journal

With David and Tracy during Culver City walk.

With David and Tracy during Culver City walk.

Basket of Sweet Potatoe Fries

Amazing. Delicious dipping sauce.

Hamburger at Father's Office

Hamburger

Fantastic.

jmix photo

jmix

Irvine, CA

Classy Burgers

This classy burger establishment is for 21+. Quite interesting how this restaurant is set up, limiting it to only this crowd. They have a wide range of beer and mixed drinks, including the blood sand which is a delectable cocktail.

I got the Office Burger with fries. I love their thin crispy fries especially with the garlic sauce! For some reason, they didn’t let my friend order her burger without cheese, and it sort of ruined her mood for the night. I wonder why they don’t do custom orders, especially with such a simple request. The office burger consists of grilled onions, organic lettuce, and melted cheese. Yum.

ca_ccarr photo

ca_ccarr

Northridge, CA

Cannot fathom what the big deal is here

Ridiculously overpriced. $7.50 for a tiny basket of sweet potato fries? $12.50 for hands-down the worst burger ever—OK I’ll be fair—decidedly the worst $12.50 burger I ever tried to eat. Alright so the whole—you’ll eat it as we like it or else thing—cute for about 2 seconds. I hate bleu cheese with good reason. It’s too heavy but there was a lot of awful things going on in that burger. I love arugula salad but not on my burger; too sharp and stuffed with it as if that could make up for a small burger. The caramalized onions were cold and mushy and we were the first customers of the day on Saturday. How is that possible? There is allegedly bacon in there but there was NO pork on that burger, in fact, there wasn’t even much beef either. Oh, the bun was alright actually. One of our group ordered the shrimp—the 4 pink things that arrived were, while beautifully plated, more like an appetizer rather than something with a main course price tag. Bone marrow also nicely plated and served.

Why do you have to be 21 to go in there? Really the pretentiousness and hubris of the place far outweighs any enjoyment there at all. Staff seemed cold as well.

The Office Burgers

$12.50 for a burger with cold, mushy cooked onions, small amount of meat, too much arugula, nasty bleu cheese they won’t let you skip on a decent bun. Outrageous!

jn72 photo

jn72

Culver City, CA

Father's office (Culver City) - rude service, not worth it.

I had heard good things about this place, but found the staff to be very rude. I went with a group of 5, as the designated driver for our group, tried to order coffee. The bartender said they don’t have it there, but the way he said it made us think we could bring it in since they didn’t offer it. I went next door to get some. About 20 minutes later (we were eating dinner by then) the “bouncer” came over and said I had to leave to drink it. I had almost finished it but he would not allow me to drink the last 2 swallows. Instead, stood over me and forced me to walk all the way down the walkway to the sidewalk outside the restaurant. It took about a minute to drink it, then I went back to my friends to eat my dinner. It was embarrassing to us, the patio was full of customers and he treated me like I had committed a terrible felony or something. I could understand if I was there alone, not eating, not spending money, but we had a group of 5 people, drinking and eating dinner, and they offered no hot drinks, no coffee and no non-alcoholic except soda and water. I will not be going back. You would think that a place that charges a fairly high price for food and alcohol would not treat the customers this rudely.

Basket of Sweet Potatoe Fries

The food was fine, but it was not worth putting up with the rudeness of the staff.

irae photo

irae

Sacramento, CA

Read the Menu

Frites instead of fries. That about says it all.

February 23, 2014

I feel like Father's Office is trying to do something special and present a visionary burger experience, but I just can't get with their choices. Bleu cheese is an intense and polarizing ingredient, and to put that on a no-substitutions…
September 13, 2013

I had a bad experience i found a hair in my dish , Horrible!!, I ask to the waitress and she ask me to talk with the cashier, and he just move the head and nobody did nothing at all. worse service I've had, and ether clean .
March 1, 2013

A unique take on the hamburger that was very good and wide selection of beer. However, don't understand why they make you go to the bar to order your food and drinks. How about you hire some waiters/waitresses?

Burgers Extensive Beer List Hamburgers
Fri-Sat 12:00PM - 02:00AM (Bar)
Sun 12:00PM - 12:00AM (Bar)
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM (Bar)
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 11:00PM (Kitchen)
Sun 12:00PM - 10:00PM (Kitchen)
Fri-Sat 12:00PM - 12:00AM (Kitchen)
Agy-38grer27c6abblkses

Carlitos Gardel

Argentinean in Mid City West

Upstairs 2

Mediterranean in West Los Angeles

Father's Office is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Father's Office Menu, Father's Office Burgers Menu, 3229 Helms Ave Los Angeles Ca 90034, Father's Office, Father's Office Menu Culver City Beer, Fathers Office Restraunt, Father's Restaurant Culver City, Father S Office, and Fathers Office Menu.