1310 New Hampshire Ave Nw
Washington, DC 20036

Firefly - DC

Neighborhoods: Dupont Circle
Cuisine: American, Lunch, Brunch

Firefly - DC is a American, Lunch, and Brunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

patrickdc photo

patrickdc

Washington, DC

A classic

Firefly has been around for a while. I was a fairly frequent visitor but it had slipped off my radar screen.

I recently recently returned mid-week with an old friend for a quiet catching-up type dinner. Even though it was ‘kids restaurant week’ we had a delightful evening and Firefly clearly demonstrated that (a) a hotel restaurant can be consistently good and (b) an oldie can be a goodie.

I arrived shortly before my friend without a reservation and was seated quickly without drama. The cocktails were delicious and the bread basket very tempting. The decor – which is insipred by a backyard scene – has aged well and is still intensely cute and the service was good: attentive but not hovering.

My friend and I both enjoyed our entrees very much. I had a nice salad and a perfect roasted chicken with a delicious collard greens side. My companion had the soft shell crab. We both enjoyed reasonably-priced wine by the glass with dinner and shared the red velvet cake which was good but not up to the standard of the rest of meal particularly the hard chalky balls of ‘chocolate’ on top.

Overall, Firely, although pricey, is a great evening out with good service, neat decor, good food and beverages, and pretty good desserts. Although I would caution against kids’ night, I had a great time.

American Takeout Good for groups

Firefly - DC  Restaurant Reviews

Firefly - DC is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Firefly Dc Restaurant, Firefly Dc Menu, Firefly Menu Dc, Firefly Washington Dc, Best Dishes At Firefly Dc, Firefly In Dc, and Firefly Dc.