3935 Pelham Road
Greenville, SC 29615

Firehouse Subs

Cuisine: Subs

Firehouse Subs is a Subs restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Pros
"THEY PALED IN COMPARISON TO THE AWFUL EXPERIENCE I HAD."
Cons
"THE ENTIRE VISIT WAS A CON."
Comments
"THIS IS THE WORST EXCUSE FOR A FIREHOUSE SUBS RESTAURANT I HAVE EVER SEEN. I ORDERED ONLINE FOR THE QUICK CONVENIENCE OF JUST PICKING IT UP. I PAID 9.56 FOR A HALF NY STEAMER. I ORDERED CHIPS WITH IT, AND A PICKLE. I HAD TO PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD BEFORE"
  • 4/11/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    THEY PALED IN COMPARISON TO THE AWFUL EXPERIENCE I HAD.
    Cons
    THE ENTIRE VISIT WAS A CON.
    Comments
OrdinaryLady photo

OrdinaryLady

Greenville, SC

Firehouse Snubs

Today I waited a little longer to take my break so I wouldn’t wind up in the Pelham Road traffic. I wanted to try Firehouse Subs for the first time, mainly because Jersey Mike’s was further away & Subway doesn’t cut it.

I walk into the restaurant & there was no greeting. About a minute later, a older woman walks in and there was a resounding “Welcome to Firehouse!” I didn’t think much of it. I am waiting in line, about an arm’s length from the two ladies at the register. I know exactly what I want to try. As soon as the ladies pay and walk-off, so does the cashier Patrick. I figured maybe he had to get something, but nope! He’s just chatting with a co-worker. He comes back and looks at me as if I was wasting his time. No “welcome to firehouse subs,” no “what can I get for you?,” NOTHING! I proceed to order & I receive no eye contact. I wasn’t asked anything except if I wanted my sub ‘fully involved.’ He tells me my total & looks relieved that he no longer has to talk to me. But how excited he sounds as he greets and proceeds to compliment the lady whom was behind me.

I stand off to the side to wait and observe. I notice that I look differently from everyone. I notice that everyone is getting awesome customer service except for me. Every person who has headed towards the door receives a “have a nice day.” I notice that the man who comes from behind the counter doesn’t even bother to say ‘excuse me’ as he bumps into me. My name is called to pick up my sandwich, I politely say ‘thanks,’ which garners no response. I begin to walk towards the door and proceed to shake my head as no one told me to ‘have a nice day.’ Not even the store manager, who has been behind the front counter my entire visit.

I chose to take my hard earned money and try something new. It amazes me that because someone looks different, they aren’t treated the same. Yes, I know it’s the same old story, but I thought personal feelings were not to be reflected in business atmospheres unless that’s the intention of the company. I thought I was supposed to get treated like everyone else because I’m human and because my money spends the same.

I have learned that I thought wrong.

I wouldn’t recommend this place to the highest authority or a begging bum. It was unprofessional & to top it off, the sub was horrible.

Hook & Ladder

They heat the meat and cheese together so that it has a more flavorful taste. Once it’s been heated, they let the juices run off. Apparently their disdain for me came through. My bread was so soggy when I got back to my office. I also asked for lite lettuce, as I’m not the biggest fan. I could have taken the lettuce from the sub and had a salad instead. It wasn’t pleasing to me at all. I won’t be going back and I won’t be recommending it. I’ll let the firemen have it.

Pelham Road Subs Firehouse

Firehouse Subs  Restaurant Reviews

Firehouse Subs is located near the cities of Sans Souci and Wade Hampton.
People found this by searching for: Firehouse Subs Pelham Road Greenville Sc, Sub Resturants Pelham Road, Firehouse Subs On Pelham And 85, Firehouse Subs Pelham Road, Firehouse Subs Pelham And 85 Rd, Firehouse Pelham Road, Firehouse Subs On Pelham Road, and Firehouse Subs Pelham Road And 85.