601 S King St
Seattle, WA 98104-2916

Fort St George

Neighborhoods: International District
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi, International

Fort St George is a Japanese, Sushi, and International restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 4/06/2014

A Japanese chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

chika84 photo

chika84

Bellevue, WA

Tasty home-cooked Japanese dishes

Most people think of Japanese food as primarily sushi, but this Asian cuisine has must more to offer than just raw fish and rolls. The menu at Fort St. George includes a variety of dishes that you would find at family restaurant in Japan and some typical ones that mom’s cook at home like curry, Japanese-influenced pasta dishes, chicken rice (ketchup flavored and covered in an egg omlette), grattin, japanese-style hamburger, etc, etc. It’s a more modernized, casual style of Japanese cooking compared to the sushi restaurants that are considered authentic and traditional.

ichikoo photo

ichikoo

Seattle, WA

Read my previous review for this restaurant "*here*":/dis...

Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Bacon and Egg Doria

This is the only place that I know about that I can get a Japanese doria. They have many different types, so I tried this one recently. Yummy. Nothing else needs to be said. :)

Enoki Mushroom Spaghetti

A very different style spaghetti. It’s very asian, and was very good. I believe it used a soy-sauce-based sauce.

Hamburger Steak, Fort St. George style at Fort St George

Hamburger Steak, Fort St. George style

Hamburger Steak is basically a beef patty with some sort of sauce that you can eat with rice. The typical sauce used it soy-sauce-based, but this version was very good. I think it’s ketchup/tonkatsu sauce based.

justin photo

justin

quite different from sushi

I haven’t had home-style japanese before so I was excited to try it out. From what I can tell, it’s basically American food done in a slightly Japanese style. The food is very simple but comforting. The atmosphere of the restaurant is also quite homey as well – relatively small and quiet. If you’re in the area and need a nice warm meal, check it out.

Japanese-style Fried Chicken

Medium-sized chunks of boneless chicken fried in a not-too-heavy batter. Served with rice and cole slaw. Pretty good, but more chicken would be nice :)

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

authentic Japanese pub style hangout

If you want to hang somewhere authentic and Japanese – Fort St. George offers a unique experience. It was a favorite of Mariner’s pitcher Kazuhiro Sasaki when he was with the Mariners.

The place is across the way from Maekawa Bar which is awesome as well, but this place offers a completely different type of menu. It is Japanese pub style food with a range of cool dishes to try.

The real attraction I believe is the bar and this place gets busy late at night. If you show up around dinner it probably won’t be that crowded. The fun starts later on :-)

Spicy Chicken Teriyaki

Good teriyaki, though it didn’t seem spicy to me. But the meat was still good and tasty :-) I like the thinner sauce.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Hidden Japanese homestyle cooking

This upstairs restaurant is a favorite authentic spot of one of my favorite authentic Japanese friends, so I’ll take his word for it when he says it’s close to the real deal. The service is friendly and the clientele ranges from brightly dressed teenagers to Japanese women in full kimonos (ok, just saw that once). The menu is really varied, so it’s a neat and different dining experience each time I come.

Beef Curry with Rice and Hamburger Steak at Fort St George

Beef Curry with Rice and Hamburger Steak

Good curry, but not much beef. The hamburger steak was really tasty.

wallyts photo

wallyts

A nice hidden treat.

This place is tucked upstairs and missed by most people wandering around the ID. They are missing out on some solid eats.

Chicken Katsu Curry over Rice

The katsu isn’t overbreaded or overfried. The curry is nicely flavored and not too watery. Ask for more pickles.

summerfugue photo

summerfugue

Surprisingly good

I came to this place under the strong recommendation of my friend Koichi. He’s Japanese and he said this place was awesome so I thought it can’t be that bad. The atmosphere was laid-back and pub-like so it’s a good place with friends for hearty meal and a beer.

Bacon and mushroom doria at Fort St George

Bacon and mushroom doria

I had the one with the tomato sauce. But the white sauce was pretty good too. It’s a cheesy baked rice dish that is of good proportion.

PriyaPuri photo

PriyaPuri

Seattle, WA

This place reminds me of many restaurants in Delhi, secon...

This place reminds me of many restaurants in Delhi, second story, tucked away to anyone not looking for it, and yet inside bustling with people. The space optimization is astounding.

The food is as authentic as it is on the streets of Tokyo. Everything from tea sandwiches on white bread, to spaghetti. I don’t think I’ve ever had anything on the the menu I didn’t like.

The place is across the way from Maekawa Bar which is awesome as well, and offers a completely different menu. So it’s great to hop from one to another.

nice food, nice atmosphere

Feels just like a japanese diner. Liked it a lot.

Hamburger Steak, Fort St. George style at Fort St George

Hamburger Steak, Fort St. George style

Best hamburger steak I’ve ever had outside of japan. Very authentic.

Japanese International District Sushi

KenHsu

Bbgobuofsr3yddaby-ekyc
uscar

Fort St George  Restaurant Reviews

Fort St George is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Ft St George Seattle, Fort St. George Seattle Menu, Fort St George Seattle, Fort St George Menu, Fort St. George Seattle, Seattle Fort St George Waitress, and Fort St George Seattle Menu.