6198 Little River Tpke

Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Brunch

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

As good as it gets for a Local Eatery!

Let me preface this restaurant’s appraisal by saying that I have been a regular fan of Foxfire since not long after they opened a few years ago. It has become a standing favorite of mine and my wife all along and I was disheartened by some reviews I recently read in other foodie websites – where people have been overly subjective and hasty and not comparing apples to apples. First of all, I am grateful this is not a chain, it’s locally owned. Second, it does not imitate other restaurants. Although this eatery does not pretend to be haute cuisine, nor is it by any means at the bottom rung, it brings an incredible air of sophistication to the middle ground. And, as for prices, in my experience with Foxfire over the years, you get what you pay for. If you are tired of the almost unchanging menu items at such places as Mike’s, Coastal Flats, Guapo’s, Lucky’s, Romano’s, Grevey’s and the ilk, Foxfire will give you a delish and casual change of pace. As such, it boasts a clean, family and ‘quiet’ ambience, where you can actually conduct a decent conversation, and comfortable, some of the characteristics lacking in many similar (not same) venues. The service most of the time is appropriate as is the quality of their offerings. And the food – its presentations, portions and variety are undeniably refreshing. Recently, for my birthday, my wife asked where I wanted to go, I responded – Foxfire. They did not let me down. Like any restaurant, it goes through its ups and downs, but one can live with that when you know the proprietors and staff work hard and really want to give you the product and service a patron deserves – and their hits outnumber their misses. We had an incredible Sesame Ahi Tuna for a starter (by the way, the ginger and wasabi with their house bbq sauce is excellent), my wife had the very good and uniquely tasty Pork Fettuccini Bolognese, I had the Seafood Pasta with ample mussels, shrimp and calamari (the seafood was perfect, not over cooked as at many places), accompanying dinner was a Mark West California Chardonnay 2010 that worked really well (not to mention, the bottle was half price – a Tuesday special), and we wrapped up the meal with a very good coconut cake (that really should have been room temperature) and I was ecstatic with my terrific flambé (great ice cream with not overly sweet strawberries and sauce). The bottom line is we will continue going to Foxfire, just as friends of mine have told me they will. Highly recommended!

American Steakhouse Kid Friendly
Ginger Beef Foody Goody

Chinese in Old Town

New Szechuan Express

Chinese in Landmark/Van Dorn

Good Luck Chinese

Diner in Seminary Hill

Foxfire Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Foxfire Grill is located near the cities of Huntington, Forest Heights, Jefferson Manor, Bolling Afb, and 12 Oxon Hill.
People found this by searching for: Foxfire Grill Reviews, Foxfire Grill Menu, Alexandria, Va, Foxfire Restaurant Arlington, Foxfire Menu At The Renaissance, Fox Fire Menu Alexandria, Foxfire Restaurant In Va, Foxfire Grill Alexandria, Foxfire Grill Alexandria Menu, and Foxfire Grill Menu.