100 S. Glassell St.
Orange, CA 92866

Francoli Gourmet

Neighborhoods: Old Town Orange
Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Francoli Gourmet is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"This restaurant does not have the "personalized service" as highlighted above. Instead, the owner, Alberto, condones the rudeness and disrespect his staff espresses to the customers. Empty and false promises are consistently given from this establishment."
Cons
"Actually care about their customers."
Comments
"Be ready to be disrespected. Even though you are spending your hard earned money there they still don't treat people well. "
  • 10/07/2020

An Italian chowhound from West Covina, CA tried it.

• 12/14/2017

A diner from US tried it.

• 7/11/2016

A dining patron from Laguna Hills, CA tried it.

• 5/16/2015

An Italian chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    Actually care about their customers.
    Comments
  • 4/03/2015

An Italian chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

Excellent Italian Food

I read what someone said about the restaurant and it sounded like sour grapes or someone having a bad day.
My wife and I have been coming here for years and we have never had a bad meal. The service is always good and the food excellent. As a chef, I appreciate how they make every part of the dish important; from the meat to the vegetables. They use only fresh ingredients and high quality meat and fish, and always prepared to the highest standard. Would recommend to anyone.

Tagliata Piemontese

The steak was cooked perfectly and seasoned well and the vegetables were excellent.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA

Service, food and recommendations were all spot -on.

Service, food and recommendations were all spot -on.

We landed at Francoli after spending 45 minutes on a wait list for an outdoor table at Haven, just down the street. Finally, famished, the gentlemen hoofed it over to Francoli to see if they had outdoor seating available while a friend and I caught up. Glory be, a table for four, outdoors, was indeed available! We quickly vacated the very loud Haven and hoofed it over to Francoli. Best decision of the evening!

We were seated at a lovely outdoor table and our server promptly appeared. I ordered a Primitivo from the extensive wine list, but unfortunately they were out of that particular bottle so I chose another, similar Primitivo, first asking our server what he thought of this new bottle. His honesty (“It’s pretty good”, no attempt to oversell the alternative) is among the traits that made our service shine throughout the evening. After decanting, the alternative Primitivo opened up nicely and we ended up ordering two bottles throughout our evening. For a starter, we ordered a Carpaccio di Bue (Raw beef, arugula, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, capers, drizzled with lemon and extra virgin olive oil) for the table. Carpaccio is something we order often, and this one was very good. The tart-crisp of the arugula and the salt of the capers melded wonderfully with the fresh beef. Definitely give it a try when you’re here.

Next up, it was a tough call between the Fettuccine Bolognese (I’m a sucker for a phenomenal Bolognese) and the Scaloppine al Vino Rosso (Veal scaloppine sauteed in a red wine reduction sauce, porcini mushrooms, served with fresh seasonal vegetables). Since veal is also something I order often, I wanted to get a good handle on how they prepare it so I went with the Scaloppine. It was divine. Cooked perfectly, no complaints – and the flavor was fantastic.

Curtain call: we could not decide and ended up with two desserts for the table. First was a classic: Tiramisu (One of Francoli Gourmet’s specialties. Made freshly every day. Lady fingers soaked in Illy Espresso coffee, layered with Mascarpone cream and topped with cocoa powder) and next was something I’d seen on menus but never tried: Tartufo (A round form of fantasy creams covered with soft chocolate cream. Rolled in chopped praline nuts and covered with powdered cocoa). Both were very good and I’d recommend either or both if you’re in the mood for dessert.

Overall, SO happy we ended up at Francoli over Haven. SO happy.

Italian Parking Catering

Francoli Gourmet  Restaurant Reviews

Francoli Gourmet is located near the cities of Villa Park.
People found this by searching for: Francoli Orange Menu, Orange Hill Restaurant, Francoli, Francoli Restaurant, Francoli Gourmet, Francoli Orange Yelp, Francoli Resturant Orangemenu, and Old Town Orange Italian Resturant.