4453 Cerritos Ave
Cypress, CA 90630-4217

Francos Italian Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Cypress
Cuisine: Italian, Catering, Lunch

Francos Italian Restaurant is a Italian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"great food, good service"
"Chicken Franco is wonderful!"
Cons
Comments
"No"
  • 11/19/2016

An Italian food lover from Cypress, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/29/2016

A diner from Bell, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    great food, good service
    Cons
    None
  • 5/08/2015

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 4/11/2015

An Italian food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/22/2015

A Seafood chowhound from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/05/2015

• 1/28/2015

A Steak chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 10/31/2014

An Italian food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 7/30/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 7/12/2014

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

j44lee photo

j44lee

Cerritos, CA

Good Food but HORRIBLE Service

I have NEVER been as FURIOUS about my experiences re: POOR SERVICE in dining establishments as I have with Franco’s Italian Restaurant.

The Short:

• 1 hour wait for food (even though large parties who came AFTER us were served before us).
  • 20 minute wait for bread that never came.
  • 30 minute wait for our check (because the server/manager was too busy laughing and yapping away with another table).
  • Manager’s rude and defensive attitude when given constructive criticism.

=== The Details… ====

The two of us came here to celebrate my birthday because I had been raving about it from my last positive visit. However, the service was so INEXCUSABLY SLOW and UNPROFESSIONAL that I will NEVER COME BACK.

1. We placed our orders and I told the server he’s welcome to bring out all the food (2 entrees and an appetizer) at once. The appetizer ends up coming out first. Meh, no problem.

2. 20 minutes later, a party of 8 arrives. Another 20 minutes later, ALL of their meals, soups, and salads are served. Meanwhile, the 2 of us are 40 minutes into our dinner service and still awaiting out entrees.

3. ONE HOUR LATER, our 2 entrees finally come out.

4. Noticing out bread basket is empty, the server asks if we want more bread. “Sure, thank you,” we say. Then he strolls over to another table with 6 guests and literally just hangs out and shoots the breeze with them for about 15 minutes.

5. We’ve had enough at this point, so we ask another server for our checks. This poor fellow has no idea what we ordered, and we see him ask the original server a question, but he’s too busy talking to his new friends at the next table.

6. Another 15 minutes goes by and we finally get our checks. Remember folks – that’s ONE HOUR for our dinner and THIRTY MINUTES for our CHECK. We had enough of this mess and wanted to pay and get the heck out of there.

7. We’re FINALLY able to flag down the original server and I ask to speak to the manager; incredulously, he says HE’s the manager! I calmly but firmly told him that the service was not good and gave clear reasons (just stuck to the facts). He gets VERY defensive and says, “Why? Because you didn’t get the bread?”

OH NO HE DIDN’T!

Then he gets all snarky and attempts to turn his shortcomings into OUR problem. He basically says something like, “Look – I’m busy. I’m trying to fix the problem. You can choose to get a free dessert or shut up.”

All we wanted was a sincere apology, pay the check, and leave immediately. (And of course, we declined on the bribery dessert).

Really, this person (the MANAGER, for goodness’ sakes) needs to work on his communications and customer service skills. He needs to learn to take ownership of his blatant rudeness and poor service, and not to take his negative attitude on his paying customers.

Pasta Sampler

$12 for a pasta sampler trio. Most of the foods here are on the salty side. Fortunately, as with most Italian foods, the flavors combine and taste even better the morning after, and it definitely applied in this case.

eli_cazares photo

eli_cazares

Fontana, CA

Best Italian Restaurant

My kids and I live in Fontana, CA- My Parents live in Moreno Valley, CA and for the past 7 years, when we want to get together and go out for a family dinner we will make the trip to Franco’s. Honestly, why go to Olive Garden- pay a lot more and not have that real home cooking. You can tell the food is made with Love. Franco loves what he does and it shows in his food. From the great bread (that my son will devour), to the well plated plentiful meals and finally home made desserts. The service there is great, and you do feel like you are one of the family.

Veal Marsela

The meat is perfect, the sauce has a great taste and not too rich. The portion is heavy handed- but my teenager takes care of that. I love this plate.

11/25/2020

A diner from US tried Paul's Place in Cypress.

11/23/2020

A Mexican chowhound from Mission Viejo, CA tried Senor Big Ed in Cypress.

11/04/2020

A dining patron from Torrance, CA tried Senor Big Ed in Cypress, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
food quality
Cons
tiny and not 2 pretty
7/14/2020

A Mexican food lover from US tried Senor Big Ed in Cypress, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

7/13/2020

A Burgers food lover from US tried Paul's Place in Cypress.

6/14/2020

A Mexican food lover from Cypress, CA tried Senor Big Ed in Cypress and liked it.

5/26/2020

A Cafe chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Juice City in Cypress, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/28/2020

A Coffee & Tea chowhound from Cypress, CA tried Java Connection.

4/25/2020

A diner from US tried Senor Big Ed in Cypress, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/18/2020

A dining patron from Cypress, CA tried Paul's Place in Cypress.

Italian Parking Catering

Francos Italian Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Francos Italian Restaurant is located near the cities of La Palma, Los Alamitos, Hawaiian Gardens, Stanton, and Cerritos.
People found this by searching for: Franco's Italiancerritos, Franco's Italian Restaurant Cypress Menu, Franco's Italian Restaurant Cypress, Franco's Cypress, Franco's Italian Restaurant Menu, Franco's Cypress Ca, and Franco's Italian Restaurant Cypress Ca.