3619 Plainfield Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525-2401

Freds Pizza Italian Restaurant

Cuisine: Pizza, Lunch, Seafood

Freds Pizza Italian Restaurant is a Pizza, Lunch, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

• 1/22/2019

A Pizza chowhound from Union Lake, MI tried it.

• 7/13/2018

A dining patron from Grand Rapids, MI tried it.

• 5/01/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

sammy1 photo

sammy1

The Real Deal for Italian Food Pizza

This place opened in 1964, My Father used to drag me their as a young boy “eat the crust” he would say. Well it didn’t take long to figure out he wasn’t just trying to get me to clean my plate. This family owned and operated spot is what I call the real deal, why? because they really do make their own stuff. Homemade noodles,sausage and sauces I’ve witnessed it being done. Today I bring my family of six to Freds as often as possible. We never have to argue about where to go ot’s everyones favorite, they have a large selection even their wet burrito is the best in town! Frankly I’d spend almost the same for fast food, what a deal. The wait staff is great he’s had the same people for years now. They actually treat their customers like they value them how refreshing! http://www.fredspizza.com

Pizza

Shared it with my wife and we brought some home! his homemade sausage is special,the crust is still the best and his sauce I could Drink.

ArtiieDeco photo

ArtiieDeco

Best Pizza in Grand Rapids

Great food every dish is great! Large portions served at very fair prices. If your tired of boring chain restaurants try this family owned and run restaurant. Sam and his wife are always happy to see you. As you walk in the door you are welcomed with the type of warmth and enthusiasm that you will soon be enjoying in the food. The patrons are happy might have something to do with the great food and good beer prices.

Pizza

Great Pizza all of their dishes are. Authentic Italian food severed with a smile.

KatyE photo

KatyE

Mixed experiences

I went to Fred’s based on a review here. It was fantastic! The marinara tasted like it had been made from fresh, ripe tomatoes—in November. Everything we ate was wonderful. The second time was a little less fantastic, and the third time was a little better. One thing I can’t stand is a pasta dish that is drowning in thick sauce and cheese. I want to taste the pasta and other ingredients! Sometimes my dish at Fred’s has been perfect, other times….drowning. I can’t figure it out. I guess that I want to cut them some slack, because they do make so much in-house, that consistency can be a problem. It certainly happens to me at home! Sometimes it’s just better than others. But then, I would assume that there are no kids running around the kitchen at Fred’s, which is usually my problem.
I guess the best thing I can say about Fred’s is that I still want to go back. Obviously, the excellent outweighs the mediocre. And it has never fallen into the “bad” territory.
One thing that I find amusing is that, of all things, Fred’s Italian Restaurant has the absolute BEST WINGS in Grand Rapids. Seriously, they are big and meaty, flavorful with a good, but not completely overpowering heat, and EXCELLENT blue cheese dipping sauce. Obviously homemade, with big chunks of blue cheese that I fish out when my husband’s not looking. Go figure.

Hot Wings

So unbelievably good, if I was throwing a Super Bowl party, I’d order a boat load.

Pizza Lunch Seafood
Salvatore's

Pizza in West Grand

Rinaldi Pizza & Sub Shop

Pizza in East Hills

Freds Pizza Italian Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Freds Pizza Italian Restaurant is located near the cities of East Grand Ra and East Grand Rapids.
People found this by searching for: Freds Pizza Gran Rapids Prebake, Freds Pizza Plainfield, Fred's Pizza, Fred's Pizza Grand Rapids, Hot Wings Plainfield Ave Grand Rapids, Fred's Italian Restaurant, Freds Pizza Grand Rapids Mi 49525, and Freds Pizza Grand Rapids.