837 3rd Ave
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865

Fresh Tortillas Grill

Cuisine: Mexican, Catering, Grill

Fresh Tortillas Grill is a Mexican, Catering, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Great food, very fresh and very delicious. "
Cons
"Could use updated decor."
Comments
"A lot of good food for little $$$."
  • 10/27/2018

A diner from Phillipsburg, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/10/2015

A Mexican food lover from East Orange, NJ tried it.

• 11/14/2014

A dining patron from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/16/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Great food, very fresh and very delicious.
    Cons
    Could use updated decor.
    Comments
    A lot of good food for little $$$.
  • 6/01/2014

• 3/27/2013

A dining patron from Lanham, MD tried it and didn't like it.

Sky_Chief photo

Sky_Chief

Milford, NJ

Yes Fresh ... Tortillas

Occasionally we order and have things delivered from here. We are astoundingly far from it, yet they deliver to us. We have never been disappointed. They have over sized burritos that are stuffed to the max with great ingredients. Here is the thing – the ‘container’ if you will is different. It is a little chewy, incredibly large and really good. Certainly not anything like the stack you can get at the local supermarket.

It makes the meal in my opinion. Yes, you have a choice of fillings. I like the pork style with a perfect rice that isn’t dry and has beans in it. BUT put in this delicious wrapper that is the experience that keeps us ordering.

About that stuffing, it reminds me of the stuffing my mom made and put in peppers. It really is good.

Can’t speak to many things on the menu because we don’t want to waste our infrequent (but always satisfying) orders on other stuff.

A few times ago we ordered a non-tradition item like chicken fingers or something and it was also very welll prepared.

We always are amazed that they would come out to us and since we don’t want to lose this prize, we tip a little more to help the driver – it is worth it!

41. Burrito with Steak and Chicken

This is my son’s favorite. It is a great combination and he is a picky eater. Don’t expect to have a lot of room for desert, he is a teen and had a hard time finishing it.

PohatCountry photo

PohatCountry

Pohatcong, NJ

Bleh

We’ve ordered from here a total of 4 times over the last 4 years – last night being the 4th and last time. I want so bad for this to be good, and I try and convince myself it’s not bad, but it is. It really is. It’s not that its not particularly good, it’s really, really bad.

Ordered hard shell beef taco’s – the staple of any american’s consumption of Mexican food. HORRBILE. The shells literally fell apart picking them up, and the meat is the consistency of gritty spackle. Tasteless, greasy, no crunch to the ’hard ’ shell.

Ordered soft shell chick tacos. The chicken was very try, way over cooked. The tortilla-esque soft shell is ok, but other than that, there is no flavor to these what so ever. These are the only reason I even gave 2 stars – they are edible, if not easily forgettable.

Ordered a steak burrito. GROSS. The meat is this black, sticky, rancid tasting mush that has a road-kill type stench and I actually gagged taking my first bight in to it. Removing the meat (which there was luckily not that much of anyway), you’re left with a rice / bean mixture that tastes like it could have come from the microwave after having been freezer burnt for two years in the back of the freezer. Gross.

Ordered chicken wings. Ok. Chicken wings from a Mexican restaurant? I know, I wasn’t expecting anything award winning, but again, seriously, G-R-O-S-S!! Under cooked, soggy, and 100% without question frozen and freezer burnt. Hot sauce had a real nasty plastic container taste to it, and then the ‘blue cheese’ dressing. I thought I was going to vomit. These got thrown out immediately. Just horrible.

Last and probably least… an order of mexican rice with shrimp. Are you kidding me? It was tasteless, no seasoning of any kind yellow food coloring added rice. I mean, what makes this ‘Mexican’ rice? It was minute rice with yellow food coloring, and not so much as a pinch of salt or dash of seasoning. The shrimp was the icing on the cake for this dish, and the meal overall. Even my dog would have nothing to do with it. Fishy smelling, rubbery and again, 100% from-the-freezer and freezer burnt breaded shrimp that was tossed in to a vat of oil and tossed on top of the minute rice.

Condiments. For all of the food above, we got 1 ounce of red taco sauce, 1 ounce of salsa, and 1 ounce of sour cream. This should be 3-4 times as much, and how about some guacamole and hot sauce? Instead, there were about 10 forks, 10 knives, 2 spoons and 30 napkins??

In the past 4 years we’ve tried this place 4 times, and never, I mean NEVER again. We’re relatively non-picky eaters, and I don’t often write reviews of places, but I had to take the time and put this review out there to save other people the bad experience. I don’t understand for the life of me how they stay in business. We often order chinese or pizza from the adjoining restaurants in the little strip mall they are in, and I never see any traffic in or out of this place, and based on our experience with the food, that is exactly what I would expect.

In the mood for Mexican and live in Alpha/Pohat/Lopat? Go to Taco Bell – as much as I believe Taco Bell is NOT mexican food, it’s certainly a better dining experience than this place – and that’s saying something.

Mexican Catering Takeout

Fresh Tortillas Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Fresh Tortillas Grill is located near the cities of Easton, Lopatcong, Easton, Alpha, and West Easton.
People found this by searching for: Fresh Tortilla Alpha Nj, Fresh Tortillas Alpha Nj Kids Menu, Fresh Tortillas Alpha Nj Menu, Fresh Tortilla Phillipsburg, Fresh Tortillas Alpha Menu, Fresh Tortillas Grill Menu Philipsburg, Fresh Tortilla Menu Phillipsburg Nj, Fresh Tortillas Alpha Nj, and Fresh Tortilla Phillipsburg Menu.