19106 Normandie Ave
Torrance, CA 90502-1010

Frumento's

Neighborhoods: Harbor Gateway South
Cuisine: Italian, Pasta, Deli

Frumento's is a Italian, Pasta, and Deli restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

velozo photo

velozo

Gardena, CA

should I give them a second chance?

Went there for lunch today, 7/3. Lucky I’m not on a time constraint for lunch hour. One star for easy parking, clean establishment, and attracting a cute girl clientele.

I ordered bowtie pasta with pesto and chicken breast. My co-worker ordered a vegetarian Tuscan pizza bread (which looked pretty good behind the glass case). I was excited about this place after reading 8 good reviews and seeing the tasty looking dishes go by as other patrons picked up their food.

We waited and waited and waited to the point where we were looking at the time, and weren’t even in a hurry. I did notice while waiting to order that others were getting their orders mixed up. A couple of patrons even commented, “This place is kinda wierd…” referring to their service. Anyway, my number is called and it looks good. I eat my salad first. I try to pour the ranch dressing out of the container and it’s hard. I have to dig it out with my fork. WTH? This ain’t supposed to be hard like that. I move on to the bowtie pesto pasta with chicken breast. I take a bite of the chicken breast and my stomach gives me the gut feeling the chicken is old and to shy away from it. So I scrape up all the bits of chicken off of the pasta and start to eat just the pasta. The pasta was overcooked so it the texture was soft and mushy. The pesto sauce hardly had any taste. It was just really bland. I had high hopes for this place. (Nobody’s pesto can touch Caffe Sport in North Beach, San Francisco.) While I’m doing all this with my food, my co-worker’s number had not been called…still! Finally his number is called and he goes up to find they gave him pepperoni instead of veggie. Why would something like that take so long when they’re sitting in the case and just need to be thrown in the oven. When asked how it is, he replies “eh, it’s okay…looked better in the case…”

I really didn’t look like there was a manager or owner around anywhere…just a bunch of disorganized kids bumping into each other.

Is this an off day, because the owners and managers are headed out early for Fourth of July vacation?? Hope so…

The only redeeming credit to this place is that it attracts quite a few attractive female clientele.

Tuscan herb chicken over pesto pasta

Chicken tasted like it was over a day old and had been sitting out most of the day. I picked it all off, then just ate some of the pesto pasta. The pesto was lacking flavor. As a matter of fact, it didn’t have any taste at all.

Italian Pasta Torrance
Panaderia La Esperanca

Bakeries in Harbor Gateway

Bombay Tandoori & Banquet

Vegan in West Torrance

Kabab Curry Cuisine of India

Indian in West Torrance

Frumento's  Restaurant Reviews

Frumento's is located near the cities of Walteria, Redondo Beach, Hollywood Riviera, West Carson, and Palos Verdes Estates.
People found this by searching for: Italian Restaurant In Torrance With Pesto, Frumento Tile, Frumentos Menu, Frumento's Restaurant, and 19106 Normandie Ave Torrance, Ca 90502 1010 Yelp.