100 E Walton St
Chicago, IL 60611-1409

Gaylord India Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Near North Side
Cuisine: Indian, Family Fare, Vegetarian

Gaylord India Restaurant is a Indian, Family Fare, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

fattiusthebear photo

fattiusthebear

Berkeley, CA

classy indian food experience

Gaylord has some good Indian food, in my opinion. They have a large variety of dishes, with dishes containing lamb, chicken, vegetarian dishes, and more. The restaurant was classy, and definitely geared for a fine dining experience. I tried quite a variety of food, and I thought all of them were great. If you are looking for a nice meal full of spice-laden goodness, or just craving Indian, then this a restaurant to try out.

Tandoori Chicken (not seen: yogurt sauce) - TANDOORI MURG at Gaylord India Restaurant

TANDOORI MURG

The chicken wasn’t too dry, and the yogurt added a lot to the dish.

GOSHT PASANDA at Gaylord India Restaurant

GOSHT PASANDA

The lamb was tender and I really liked the sauce. I thought it went very well with the naan. I thought it was a really good dish, though this could be because I am a sucker for lamb.

SAAG PANEER

This spinach and cheese dish was surprising good for a dish without meat. Definitely worth trying, especially for spinach lovers. I agree with everyone else on this dish.

Naan - Naan at Gaylord India Restaurant

Naan

The naan was quality and added nicely to all the dishes.

MUTTER PANEER at Gaylord India Restaurant

MUTTER PANEER

A dish with chicken and peas. It was pretty good, though I didn’t think the peas went as well with the naan. Maybe more of a rice dish.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

my new indian place

this is good, moderately priced indian food.

when craving indian, i usually head to india house in river north. despite their high prices, i somehow always end up there.

in search of something cheaper, but still tasty we picked gaylord’s and were pleasantly suprised to find a cheaper, but just as tasty dinner.

they also have a lunch buffet, which offers plenty of selection albiet not the freshest.

it’s located on an unassuming street downtown w/a cute little green awning that you just might miss it. inside, it’s well-lit, nicely decorated, and spacious. it has a pleasant feel.

SAAG PANEER

how i love saag paneer! for this price, you get a big dish. i’d guess 3-4 people could split this dish. i know i’ll get 3-4 more meals out of my leftovers. yum!!!

turtley photo

turtley

Irvine, CA

Fine Indian Cuisine

My indian food experiences are limited at best, but this place was the best place I’ve had Indian food. This may not make me an expert, but i really liked the food. The atmosphere has soothing indian music, and it is very nice inside.

The food is also very good, and luckily we ordered a lot (and finished all of it! =P). I’ll just let you read about the food below. Tip: don’t eat the seed stuff if waiting for a table or leaving (next to the toothpicks). I didn’t like it and it gets stuck in your teeth.

Naan - Naan at Gaylord India Restaurant

Naan

There are a lot of types of naan. The ones we got were delcious, but I think its hard to go wrong with naan. Soft and warm.

Appetizer Combination Plate - Indian Hor D'oeuvres at Gaylord India Restaurant

Indian Hor D'oeuvres

Awesome combination of Indian foods, like Samosa, chicken, and other goodies. The chicken was a little dry, but all of the stuff was pretty good.

Navrattan Rice at Gaylord India Restaurant

Navrattan Rice

Solid rice, with tons of spices and shrimp. Good to go with the saucy dishes or yogurt sauce!

MUTTER PANEER at Gaylord India Restaurant

MUTTER PANEER

Peas and Meat in sauce. Great with rice, good with naan.

Sag Panner

Spinach and sauce. This is the best thing to eat with naan. It complements well and sticks on the naan.

TANDOORI MURG

Tandoori Chicken with yogurt sauce and onions. Good change from the sauciness of the other dishes

GOSHT PASANDA at Gaylord India Restaurant

GOSHT PASANDA

Lamb and veggies in sauce.

Mango Lassi at Gaylord India Restaurant

Mango Lassi

What i expected. It was a little warm, but tasty enough.

charlief1975 photo

charlief1975

Chicago, IL

Great indian food at a great price

Gaylord is about a block away from my office. It’s probably one of the best indian restaurants around. Very good quality food for those, like me, that never know what to order.

The lunch buffet is great, there are plenty of choices.

justin photo

justin

A mighty fine feast

A few people have recommended Gaylord’s for Indian food in Chicago and it definitely didn’t disappoint. While the outside is somewhat unspectacular, the inside is very nicely decorated and well-lit (especially compared to others).

Although the service was very good and attentive, they could have used a little more coordination. On a couple occassions two different people asked us the same questions (order, done, etc.), but it was nice to get the attention.

As with most Indian restaurants, the menu was extensive and I couldn’t resist ordering The King’s Feast. When I try a new Indian restaurant, these combination plates are great ways to get a sampling of a bunch of dishes. I complemented my meal with a Kingfisher beer and was very stuffed at the end.

I can’t wait to come back for lunch buffet (which I hear is good).

Although parking is normally tough, there is some street parking in that area. On the weekdays some of the meters open up at 6:30 (closed during rush hour) for free parking – get there right around then and you’re golden.

Meats from King's Feast - King's Feast at Gaylord India Restaurant

King's Feast

All kinds of meaty goodness. The lamb was my favorite. Tandoori chicken was good, but a little dry. The fish wasn’t that spectacular (seems like this at most Indian places).

SAAG PANEER

What is it about spinach and cheese that’s so good? I need to learn to cook this so I can have a pot of this at home.

remyas photo

remyas

Martensdale, IA

Excellent in Everything

Be it customer service, behavior, food or ambiance, these guys topped in everything. The food and environment both were very homely. The food was neither too spicy nor too mild. We went for the lunch buffet and very immensely pleased with everything. There was lot of stuff to be eaten, each better than the other one. The price is also really adequate for a downtown restaurant serving such wonderful Indian food.

I would recommend you all to give it a try – its worth trying. I would surely go there if I visit Chicago again.

DAL MAKHANI

THOMAS0089

Chicago, IL
0 useful

Gaylord India Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Gaylord India Restaurant is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Tandoori Chicken, Saag Meat, Saag Paneer, Gaylord Restaurant Chicago Menu, Gaylord Restaurant Chicago, Gaylord Chicago Restaurant, and Saag.