650 Ridge Rd
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071-3206

Gelone Restaurant

Cuisine: Italian, Lunch, Catering

Gelone Restaurant is a Italian, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Staff goes above and beyond. Very friendly. Your not rushed. One of my FAVORITE Places to eat."
"Everything was great people friendly went out of way to do things I would recommend to anyone"
"Wine was delicious "
"Excellent service the food was amazing love this place!"
Cons
"Never had a bad meal there. There are NO Cons as far as I’m concerned."
"Nothing"
Comments
"It will be one of your Favorite places too."
"Good catering"
  • 8/26/2020

An Italian food lover from West Orange, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    Never had a bad meal there. There are NO Cons as far as I’m concerned.
    Comments
    It will be one of your Favorite places too.
  • 4/21/2020

An Italian chowhound from Lyndhurst, NJ tried it.

• 10/10/2019

An Italian food lover from Secaucus, NJ tried it.

• 7/22/2019

A dining patron from Sarasota, FL tried it.

• 4/03/2017

A dining patron from Jersey City, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/02/2016

An Italian chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 10/12/2016

A diner from Jersey City, NJ tried it.

• 10/10/2016

An Italian chowhound from Little Falls, NJ tried it.

• 3/28/2016

A dining patron from Secaucus, NJ tried it.

• 8/01/2015

An Italian food lover from Secaucus, NJ tried it.

Maz000 photo

Maz000

East Rutherford, NJ

Staff was very rude!

We were just at Gelone’s over the weekend. It was very crowded, but we were seated on time. The waiters did not give us much attention for a while. After ordering our entree, we waited over an hour to receive it. During the wait, the staff never even came by to refill water, refill bread, or even apologize for the wait. We had to call them over to ask, and the response was " It’s Saturday, you have to be patient!" When we finally received the food, it was good. But not worth the wait. There are plenty of excellent italian restaurants in this area. Knowing that we were agitated because of the wait, you would think the staff would offer us a lousy cup of coffee on the house. We spoke to the manager and the owner and they were just as rude. We will never go back again. Please don’t waste your hard earned money there. (I have just read a number of reviews on other sites and the negative reviews were similar to ours. The staff was rude and arrogant. At lease I know it wasn’t just that night)

Very Unhappy

I have had several parties at GELONES. I called to speak with the owner Giuseppe because my girlfriend was getting married and we wanted to have her shower at Gelones. I asked if he could work with the price for us because the family was going through some hardships. Considering my family goes to Gelones at least once a week and like I said I have had several parties there I thought the owner would work with me. I also said we could scale down the menu and only offer salad, pasta and chicken. I know veal can be expensive. He was very rude and said he didn’t care he needed to make money and he wasn’t going to make money on my party. I was very disappointed in his attitude. I will no longer go there and neither will my family. I have very strong connections in North Arlington and Lyndhurst and I will definitely spread the word on how I was treated. He did not even want to budge $1.00 .. That is not how you treat loyal customers.

Italian Lunch Parking

Gelone Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Gelone Restaurant is located near the cities of Lyndhurst Twp, Rutherford, North Arlington, Belleville, and East Rutherford.
People found this by searching for: Gelone, Gelone Restaurant Lyndhurst, Gelone Lyndhurst, Nj, Gelones Lyndhurst, Gelone's Lyndhurst, Gelone Restaurant, Gelones In Lyndhurst, Gelone Lyndhurst Nj, and Gelone Restaurant Lyndhurst Nj.