1250 Prospect St
La Jolla, CA 92037

George's At the Cove

Neighborhoods: Village
Cuisine: California, Waterfront Dining, Californian

George's At the Cove is a California, Waterfront Dining, and Californian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

A La Jolla Favorite

I’ve only eaten on the terrace of George’s at the Cove, and it’s been a great experience both times.

the terrace is an outdoor dining experience, with views of la jolla shores and cove, so the view is absolutely gorgeous. they have the tastiest sounding drinks, but i was here for lunch, so i did not partake. I had the ancho chile shrimp tacos, which were SOOOO GOOD. the pear and huckleberry cobbler i had for dessert was tasty, but i’ve also had a white chocolate tiramisu here in the past that was unbelievable.

for a place this nice with such good food, the terrace dining prices aren’t even that bad – my shrimp tacos ran $13.

i love this place and will keep coming back!

Ancho Chile Shrimp Tacos

So tasty, and with just enough kick, but not too spicy. my one complaint is that i did find a few pieces of shell still attached.

turtley photo

turtley

Irvine, CA

GREAT view, meh food

First of all, I’d go during lunch, since its cheaper than dinner; the view is also great during the day (especially from the top floor bistro). Its one of the nicer places if you want to eat near the ocean. Naturally, there was a 30 minute wait, which isn’t bad since you can just wander around Prospect or stare at the ocean (and the people snorkeling/kayaking).

Despite this good review, I wasn’t a huge fan of the food. The albacore tuna from my dad’s dish was average; the shrimp salad/skewer thing my mom got was kind of weird since the “salad” was this strange ground of medley of veggies that didn’t taste particularly good; my steak sandwich was also just average (my friend definitely could cook a meaner steak). The desserts did look reallllly good, though I resisted that temptation.

Steak Sandwich at George's At the Cove

Steak Sandwich

Meat was okay. The avocado sauce on top surprisingly didn’t go to well with it (and i like my avocado).

Shrimp Salad at George's At the Cove

Shrimp Salad

2 star salad (despite its originality). It gets bumped up a star because the shrimp skewer is pretty good.

Lunch Special (Albacore over Noodles) at George's At the Cove

Lunch Special (Albacore over Noodles)

I don’t recall the actual name, since the receipt just says lunch special.

guess photo

guess

Bonsall, CA

The Last time we were there will be the last

Incredibly good food… Terrible experience. We were with friends that live in La Jolla… we all knew George’s to be well know for excellent food… some of the best in San Diego County. And… we knew it would be expensive… why not… best things in life are. While we were eating our appetizers… our entre arrived. From that point on… including the check delivery… for a couple hundred dollars +… we knew… they did not plan on anything except turning the table. It was embarrassing!

CharlieL photo

CharlieL

Santa Clara, CA

The food is awesome on the top floor Ocean...

The food is awesome on the top floor Ocean Terrace, and the view is wonderful as well. It’s a bit pricey, but compared with other restaurants of this caliber, the prices seem very reasonable. As this IS a major prospect st. location, you’d be foolish to come during busy hours without a reservation made. I wouldn’t recommend it for a casual lunch- it’s better for a nice occasion.

overrated. expensive. there was always too much of someth...

overrated. expensive. there was always too much of something, needs better balance with flavors. nice view though.

kat photo

kat

UGH... from the service to the salad, to the main course ...

UGH… from the service to the salad, to the main course to the bill…

it was either too salty, or too much terriyaki sauce, too watery. the ONLY decent thing (and i went with a party of 12) we had were the fish tacos, which were an appetizer. DO NOT i repeat DO NOT get their seared ahi tuna crap dish.

Beach California View
GracePark

San Diego, CA

George's At the Cove  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Georges La Jolla Menu, Tiramisu George's At The Cove, Georges At The Cove Open Table, George's By The Cove, Georges At The Cove Menu, George's At The Cove, George's At The Cove La Jolla, George S At The Cove La Jolla Menu, and Georges At The Cove.