Glenn's Diner

Neighborhoods: Ravenswood
Cuisine: Breakfast, Seafood, American

Glenn's Diner is a Breakfast, Seafood, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 7/24/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

LouMalnatis4eva photo

LouMalnatis4eva

I love Glenn

Having just moved to Ravenswood from East Lakeview, I was afraid that there wouldn’t be the same restaurant choices. My first attempt at a breakfast place became the Golden Nugget. While not bad, I really missed some of the independent diners that Lakeview offered. After just googling restaurants around me, I found that Glenn’s Diner had numerous perfect reviews. My husband and I tried it on a Friday night and was pleasantly surprised. After eating quite a bit during the 4th of July week, I tried to slow it down by not overdoing it. Although they don’t have a big variety of salads, they have plenty of everything else. I ended up getting the Sliced Baked Chicken Sandwich which sounds boring enough but was actually quite good. I had it tossed on the flat top which I found out meant toasted. Seemed to make a big difference because it reminded me of a great diner sandwich on the grill yet still had a pretty clean taste. Their ingredients and meat seemed to be very fresh. My husband got the spaghetti and meatballs and didn’t expect much (since it was a diner serving pasta) but actually thought they did a good job. He was ok with the sauce but thought the meatballs were fantastic. They were seasoned pretty well and was a mix of beef & pork. The rest of the menu was huge and I can’t wait to come back to try their breakfast items! The prices are equally fantastic! The home page titles it, “Best Food In the World” and I gotta say, they ain’t lying.

Sliced Baked Chicken Sandwich

Chicken sandwiches are usually pretty average but Glenn’s does a great job of making a boring item craveable. Pretty hunky size and juicy.

uofmpike photo

uofmpike

Amazing Restaurant

Best place in Uptown

Georgia Pecan Pancakes

Amazing Pancakes, best in the city with very sweet georgia pecans. Doesn’t even need syrup!

alltoastnojelly photo

alltoastnojelly

Welcome to heaven

From start to finish, no detail has been left to chance. The service is great, the owner is nice, the menu…Over 15 fresh flown in daily seafood dishes with quality that would rival any expensive downtown fish house at a fraction of the price. Don’t get me wrong the breakfast is great and nothing wrong with the sandwiches, but people we live in Chicago, great, really great seafood is not around every corner. Glenn’s is a seafood lovers dream and is currently my only 5 star review. I have been many times so i’ll tell you about the last meal i ate there, the scallop dinner(one of the many blackboard specials) they were pan seared at my best guess about 2 oz. each, my meal came with baby red potatoes and asparagus drizzled with a delicate light cream sauce. The presentation was flawless, I took a picture with my cell phone, which has since been deleted, and sent it to some friends who were working to touture them. Next time I go I will try the blackened baramundi. Glenn’s offers all you can eat specials some weekdays for dinner on high end menu items. Prices are very fair for what you get, most seafood dinners are around 20 bucks. I would love to go for the the all you can eat alaskan king crab legs sometime which they offer one day a week right now, I assume specials are seasonal, all you can eat specials are around 26 bucks but do vary. Happy dinning!

Pan seared scallops

Simply put, the best scallops I ever had, see review for description.

Clam chowder

Rich, thick and creamy with large pieces of clams and real flavor, real homeade goodness.

Chicagofoodie photo

Chicagofoodie

Really...

Went for breakfast this morning. Had reservations for 11:00. We ordered Kids French Toast which according to my grandson was “Great”. My husband ordered three eggs over hard, ham and whole wheat toast, I ordered a seasonal vegetable frittata. Got our meal in about 20 minutes. Another person delivered the meal, not our waitress. My husbands eggs were over easy not over hard, no toast. My Frittata, the eggs were burnt and the veggies were undercooked. Our waitress never came over or came close enough for us to ask that it be corrected. Finally she shows up after we are done. I told her just FYI my husbands egg were cooked wrong, no toast and my eggs were burnt and the veggies were undercooked. She looked at me and said "OK Thank You, would you like your Frittata to take home. I only could eat a 1/8 of it, it was so bad. UGH really why would I want to take something home that I couldn’t eat because it was BURNT! It would have been nice to get an apology and maybe a discount. But NO that didn’t happen, so I write this review to warn others. What a disappointment. Was planning on going for dinner, think we have changed our minds.

HeatherHart photo

HeatherHart

Grayslake, IL

We had a great double date here - the...

We had a great double date here – the atmosphere was casual and light-hearted, the food amazing and meeting the owner was icing on the cake! The fish was cooked perfectly and the steak was not only delicious, but also beautiful. We look forward to going back – no wonder it was featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives… thanks for the tip, Guy Fieri!

October 18, 2009

Rude Host

Food was really good. Waitress was charming, helpful, accommodating and top-notch. Idiot in charge of seating customers was beyond rude.\r \r We made reservations for 5:30. My son and I arrived at 5:28. In front of me, another lady was…

Breakfast Seafood American
Tips
  • The restaurant is BYOB.
Tue-Fri 11:00AM - 09:00PM

Italian in Near North Side

The Rosebud Steakhouse

Steakhouse in Near North Side

Glenn's Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Glenn's Diner is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Glenn's Diner Menu, Glenn's Diner Chicago, Glenns Diner Chicago, Glenn's Diner Chicago Menu, Glens Breakfast In Ravenswood, Glenn's Diner Montrose, and Glens Diner Montrose.