7401 Florence Avenue
Downey, CA 90240

Gloria's Cocina Mexicana

Neighborhoods: Downey
Cuisine: Lunch, Breakfast, Catering

Gloria's Cocina Mexicana is a Lunch, Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
  • 6/24/2016

A Lunch chowhound from Temple City, CA tried it.

• 6/23/2016

A Lunch food lover from Buena Park, CA tried it.

• 3/08/2015

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 1/27/2015

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 1/13/2015

A Lunch food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 8/14/2014

A Lunch food lover from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/28/2014

A Lunch food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/28/2014

• 8/10/2013

A dining patron from Long Beach, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/04/2013

A Lunch chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

j44lee photo

j44lee

Cerritos, CA

Amazing Molcajete and Tequila

Gloria’s….Molcajete. Oh mama.

I’ll admit it: I know how to get my grub on so I was HANGRY (hungry+angry) and nearly foaming at the mouth when I saw how shallow the stone molcajete was. THIS is what people were touting as the dish that can “easily serve 2-3 people?” PUH-LEASE. I was convinced I was going to have to order a 2nd cauldron as I begrudgingly began the grub fest.

I haughtily plowed through the thinly sliced carne asada steak, chorizo, queso fresco, and tender chicken (I tossed the cactus) soaked in the savory tomato broth and started feeling full at the 3/4 point. Granted, I had already finished my plate of beans, rice, guac, and 3 heavenly hand-made corn tortillas, but I was admittedly losing my thunder.

Uh oh. There’s still a 2″×3″ strip of chicken that’s taunting me from my plate, yet I can’t go on. Can’t….go….on. I tried my best, but Gloria’s famous molcajete beat me to a pollo pulp.

MOLCAJETE: DO IT. It is as good as everyone says.

GLORIA’S:
- Awesomely authentic and legit. We were the only non-Latino peeps in the restaurant.
- If you eat at the bar, you’ll enjoy the loud jumpin’ ‘n pumpin’ club music. I swear I was on Avenida Revolucion in TJ on a Thursday night – you know what’s up.
- The hand-made tortillas are fresh, fluffy, and woooonderful!
- Awesome service. Not sure what it’s like inside the main dining area, but the bar servers were very attentive and helpful.
- Plenty of free private parking in the restaurant plaza.
- Did I mention how good the molcajete is?

Total damage:
$25 (inc. tax and tip) for a molcajete and a strong Cadillac margarita. YUM!

Molcajete

I liked everything except for the cactus. The entree is massive and will fill you up for the rest of the day. Make sure you try their wonderful margaritas while you’re there!

Mexican Molcajete Lunch Breakfast

Gloria's Cocina Mexicana  Restaurant Reviews

Gloria's Cocina Mexicana is located near the cities of Bell Gardens, Commerce, Los Angeles Metro Area, Santa Fe Springs, and Okotoks.
People found this by searching for: Gloria's Cocina Mexicana Restaurant Downey Menu, Glorias Downey, Gloria's Restaurant Downey, Glorias Downey Menu, Gloria's Cocina Mexicana, Glorias Restaurant Downey, Gloria's Cocina Mexicana Menu, Gloria's Restaurant Downey Menu, and Yelp Glorias Downey Ca.