3113 N. E. 2nd St.
Mineral Wells, TX 76067

Golden Chicken

Cuisine: Family Fare, Lunch, Breakfast

Golden Chicken is a Family Fare, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

• 10/22/2015

A Family Fare chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 7/06/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

PmsTx photo

PmsTx

Mineral Wells, TX

Dependably Good!

We recently went out on a quest for fried catfish, after hearing of a new place to open in our area, Palo Pinto County. Found the place, but it wasn’t open yet. A member of our party siggested another possibility. Went there, it was having a private party & wasn’t serving the public? Tried another suggestion, it was already closed for the day, at 6:30PM, Sat. eve. Then my husband said, let’s go to Golden Chick, it was voted best chicken & fish in town, recently, & I am always satisfied with their food. It was a unanimous decision to return to Golden Chick, once again.
The fresh tasting, crispy, tender catfish filets were good & the serving size quite satisfying. I particularly like their cole slaw. My hubby loves the big yeast rolls, but I request hush puppies. They are always a little stingy with them, & a tad over done, but I prefer them with my fish. We did not have the chicken that eve, but we always go to Golden Chick whether we want tenders or the whole chicken. Also, their lemonade is the best in the area!

4 PC Catfish

Always crisp, tender, plenty meaty, and enough to satisfy a hungry diner. Never too greasy nor too salty, which I find to be a common problem at typical fast food places.

Family Fare Dinner Lunch

Golden Chicken  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: When Did First Golden Fried Chicken Open In Mineral Wells Texas, Golden Chicken, Does Golden Chick Use Msg, Golden Chick Have Msg?, Golden Chick Msg, Does Golden Chicken Use Msg, Golden Chicken Msg, and Does Golden Chick Have Msg.