4705 Us 98
Lakeland, FL 33809-3604

Golden Corral

Cuisine: Buffet, Traditional, Catering

Golden Corral is a Buffet, Traditional, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"My son loves rhis place we come atleast once a week. He loves the pizza and marshmallows. But A lot of thw time we have to ask the cooks to make pizza they slack on the pizza. Every time he comes he has to ask to make a pizza. Hes only 3. "
"I was working there and this restaurant is such a dirtiest restaurant I've ever see."
"salad bar"
  • 4/15/2019

A diner from Tampa, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/10/2017

A diner from Orlando, FL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 5/30/2015

Pros
    salad bar
  • 4/24/2015

A dining patron from Miami, FL tried it and liked it.

• 4/24/2015

A Buffet food lover from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/30/2015

A Buffet food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/25/2015

A Buffet food lover from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/09/2014

A Buffet chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 8/27/2014

A Buffet chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 8/20/2014

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Highs and Lows

The “bar” got set high on Golden Corral’s (for us) some years ago when we were in Sherman, TX and were wandering around and found THE BEST we had ever seen – buffet’s in general have to “work” to match that … this one on 98 North (on left across from Sam’s going out) doesn’t leap that high bar – but it’s better than some we’ve encountered acros the country. There was a time when buffets were kind of a “novelty” but now we take for granted that will walk in, be seated and then “run for the food” and eat til we fall over. The old "get your money’s worth anthem – I’ve tried to show some reasonable restraint – at breakfast time it’s a little easier to do that although still a lot of choices . This one opens at 7:30 a.m. every day and except during “snowbird” season, not much waiting in line or waiting to be seated. Always seems to be familiar faces in the staff and quick service even when real busy- we try to sit in same area (found table that “suits us.”) This location is spacious – the bars spread out and you can “get at them.” This trip we had the usual quick service and no problems. She was quick with refills, removing dishes and checking on us. I’m glad they changed from giving plates as you come in – to letting you pick up from the stand as much as you want to.

Breakfast Buffet®

Getting there when things are just put out fresh is always a plus. Naturally when open up, some items have already been laying under the lights, but you can pick and choose with full trays.
My favorite of the morning was actually the cheese pizza – go figure, it says “made from scratch” – I didn’t ask, but it was chewy, cheesy good slice I had – I tried the sausage patties and hash browns and corned beef hash (did have to drain the grease on napkins, but it worked out ok) – They do cook “made to order” on eggs if you don’t want scrabbbbled – I don’t generally do scrambled, after the “rubber eggs” at the Tampa VA a couple times – most scrambled to me still taste like rubber! not fair, but that’s my feeling – after the wonderful omelettes I’ve had at Country Angels, I Hop and other places, I can’t eat them here—they just don’t look right – but I’ve seen others appear to enjoy – maybe someday will try. What I had was good, I did avoid the bacon, I have to have it “not raw looking” and didn’t want it bad enough to ask them to cook a little more – they have in the past. No problem.

Breakfast Buffet®

My better half had the breakfast buffet and probably got “all our money’s worth” …couple trips for scrambled eggs, sausage, I think I saw a biscuit with gravy on the plate along with other buffet items, and of course a little something from the dessert bar(!) – He enjoyed it, he told me he did – didn’t HAVE to tell me, I could tell from the silence and constant refills!

Buffet Traditional Catering

Golden Corral  Restaurant Reviews

Golden Corral is located near the cities of Eaton Park.
People found this by searching for: Golden Corral Lakeland, Fl, Golden Corral, Golden Corral Lakeland Florida, Golden Corral In Lakeland Florida, Golden Corral Lakeland, Golden Corral Lakeland Fl, Golden Corral North Lakeland, and Golden Corral In Lakeland, Fl.