995 Perryville Rd
Rockford, IL 61107

Golden Corral

Cuisine: Buffet, Grill, Traditional

Overall
Pros
"Always look forward to going, we are going today.....yayyy "
"Slower service and seating is cafeteria style"
"The gentleman busing our table was friendly and good with drink refills. However getting tables cleaned seemed like more than a 1 man job."
"Wonderful salad bar, dessert bar"
Cons
"Food was poor quality. Atmosphere felt like an adult Chuck E Cheese. Restaurant was not clean. I felt like cattle being herded trying to get through the food lines. "
"Very busy/ crowded and slow bus service"
Comments
"Go hungry, lots o food"
"For considerably less money go to a real restaurant, order dinner and relax."
  • 6/03/2018

A diner from US tried it.

• 1/28/2018

A Buffet food lover from Rockford, IL tried it.

• 1/28/2018

A Buffet chowhound from Poplar Grove, IL tried it.

• 12/14/2017

A Buffet food lover from US tried it and liked it.

• 10/06/2017

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 6/26/2017

A Buffet food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 6/20/2017

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 4/28/2017

A Buffet food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Always look forward to going, we are going today.....yayyy
  • 4/24/2017

A Buffet chowhound from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/20/2016

A Buffet chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

RealReview4U photo

RealReview4U

Rockford, IL

Vindictive "Servers" and an Inept Manager

My complaint involves two women who clear plates from the tables and get non-water refills, and a manager.
Two weeks before the time I was treated so badly, the “server” (aka busser) assigned to my table did not clear away my plates and took so long to get the coffee that I left without having any. Accordingly, I did not tip her for busing the table or getting coffee (as she did neither). Two weeks later, as I was approaching the cashier (no one having asked me what drink I wanted),the woman who had lapsed so two years earlier said something to the hostess, who replied in a hushed tone, “Don’t worry about.” Suspecting that my former server had told the hostess, “Don’t sit him in my section; he didn’t tip me before.” Sure enough, I was seated to a particular table (and only that table) that was next to but not in the
server’s section.
For obvious reasons, I did not feel comfortable. So I told the manager what I strongly suspected had happened. A few minutes later, I saw him talking to my former server for too long for me to have been wrong about her. But the manager did not get back to me; nor did he say anything as I walked past later on my way out. Furthermore, it soon became obvious that my current server, who was supposed to clear my plates and refill my drink, was doing neither. “The word is out!” I said to another customer. He agreed, and said, "the manager should have said, ’don’t worry. I took care of it. Your dinner today is on us,’ but he said nothing, either out of greed or perhaps believing a lie by the woman with whom he had spoken.
I went to the bathroom to refill my water. When I returned, I saw a tray left on my table! Even if it had been left by a customer, my busser should at least have removed it. “I guess I’ll have to have dessert standing up!” I said to the witnessing customer. I put my three used plates on the table next to mine (the people had just left). The plates were cleared within five minutes! Amazing how that worked wonders! (no, she didn’t realize the plates were mine). Another witnessing customer suggested that I have the gray-haired manager see my table. By then, I had had enough and only wanted to leave. No, I did not tip the 45ish woman who had refused to bus my table out of childish spite or retribution (as ordered by my former server, perhaps). As I was leaving, one of the witnessing customers said, “The manager should at least have come to your table to say, ‘Sorry for the trouble. The dinner is on us. See the cashier on your way out for your refund.’” In that single observation, I glimpsed the huge gap between the mentality at that Golden Corral and the enlightened self-interest evinced at restaurants with some class.

Buffet Good For Kids Good for groups

Golden Corral  Restaurant Reviews

Golden Corral is located near the cities of Rockford Township.
People found this by searching for: Golden Corral Rockford, Golden Corral In Rockford Il, Breakfast Buffet Rockford Il, Golden Corral Rockford, Il, How Much Does It Cost To Eat At Golden Corral Buffet In Rockford Il, Golden Corral Thanksgiving Menu, Golden Corral Rockford Il, and Golden Corral Rockford Illinois.