11801 N 56th St
Tampa, FL 33617

Golden Corral

Cuisine: Bakery & Pastries, Seafood, Grill

Golden Corral is a Bakery & Pastries, Seafood, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 8/27/2015

A Bakery & Pastries chowhound from Hollywood, FL tried it.

• 11/06/2014

A Bakery & Pastries chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/28/2014

A diner from Miami, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/25/2014

A diner from Miami, FL tried it.

• 5/24/2014

A dining patron from Miami, FL tried it.

• 5/01/2014

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it.

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Ups and Downs

We’ve been to this one off and on over the years, seen it on good days and not-so good. Last time was pretty much ok. As always, the parking was sufficient – most GC’s are laid out pretty good for that. It wasn’t a busy time, so check in line and seating were fast. The waitress was attentive, checking back to see if we needed anything – the buffet was a little skimpy on some things, hadn’t been totally restocked – maybe waiting for busier time, but it was OK. We prefer the dinner (after 4) bars with more “stuff” but we were early and needed to get back to Lakeland before “dark.”

Buffet

The buffet had the fairly standard GC items left from lunch (before the 4pm changeover) – we were there about 2:30 –
Husband had the fried chicken (always have to “fight” for legs!) he did get one – they said more would be out, but never did. He tried various vegetables – mac n cheese (is that a vegetable?), green beans – potatoes with a cheesy looking sauce. Then he concentrated on the dessert bar! Tried several slices of pies, and things. He said it was all “OK” …

I made a pretty good size salad from the buffet bar – lettuce fairly fresh (not floppy) – and had something that looked like baked ham, there was no sign and I couldn’t get anyones attention to ask—so I took a chance. There were some French fries in the pan, kind of cold, but that seems to happen when you get them out from under hot light. I had a selection of vegetables, corn/green beans/rice – I do that when there’s not much else of interest. It was all “OK”.

Like I said, sometimes good, sometimes not – we go back from time to time.

May 18, 2016

It's an amazing experience

We celebrated our anniversary here and satisfied with the food. I've serenaded by their in house string band. Its an amazing experience.
May 17, 2016

They serve the best steak!

At first we are hesitant to eat because its seems like an ordinary restaurant but we are surprised that they serve the best steak! my experience matches with the saying "Dont judge the book by its cover"
March 25, 2006

Are you in the mood for buffeey style food

The Golden Corral has a wide variety of hot foods prepared all day long. They offer foods that children love to eat from chicken fingers to pizza. For the Adults they have a chef that cooks the steak the way you like it prepared while you …

Bakery & Pastries Seafood Good For Kids

Golden Corral  Restaurant Reviews

Golden Corral is located near the cities of University Of Tampa, Ybor City, and Palma Ceia.
People found this by searching for: Golden Corral Tampa, Golden Corral Steak Buffet & Bakery/Corral South Tampa, Fl, Golden Corral Near Hardrock Tampa, Golden Corral Menu, Golden Corral, Golden Corral Locations 33617, Golden Corral Menu 56 St Tampa, Golden Corral Restaurant In In Tampa Fl, and Golden Corral Breakfast Tampa.