2510 Cypress St
West Monroe, LA 71291-4504

Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant

Cuisine: Chinese, Mongolian, Asian

Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant is a Chinese, Mongolian, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

carolyn77 photo

carolyn77

West Monroe, LA

I Wish The Former Owners Were Back!

Before the Golden Dragon was the Golden Dragon, it was the Chinese Kitchen. The food was AWESOME! The atmosphere was lacking when it was the Chinese Kitchen and they remodeled the place and gave it some Chinese flair. The food remained exceptionally good! The place changed hands and the food has gone downhill ever since. Another thing to note is that there are always children of the workers about, which can sometimes pose problems. The temperature in the restaurant is unbearably hot; as soon as another family sat down I heard the mother comment about how hot it was as well. I prefer to be comfortable when eating as I think most do. I used my napkin to wipe sweat from my brow more than food from my lips. My daughter and I were there today and as usual it was hot, the food wasn’t any better, and for the life of me I wonder sometimes why we bother to go back every few months to see if any improvements have been made when we are disappointed every time we go. I guess the memories of the place with the best Chinese food in town still lingers on even though the reality of it left when the previous owners left. Today’s visit there will be our last.

Mongolian Grill & Buffet

The Mongolian grill food that I picked and put on my plate to hand off to the chef was not cooked as well as it usually is. I’m not sure what happened between the time I gave it to her and when I got it back, but I always season it with plenty of the multiple sauces offered. Today when I got my food back it was as bland as raw oatmeal. The bacon around the bacon wrapped crab meat from the buffet is never fully cooked…as it was in days of old. Back then the bacon was crisp and the crab meat tender. Now the bacon is rubbery and the crab meat is still tender. The crab puffs are very good, I must confess that. The salt and pepper chicken is still fairly good. Occasionally it is over-salted. The sauteed potatoes were good today. The peppered pork tasted like the meat had soured in it or possibly before it was cooked. It is in a dark sauce and it is hard to visibly discern whether the meat is actually fresh or not. We were disappointed today, but don’t plan to eat there again. Saddening how great it used to be and how the quality has dropped so steeply!

Chinese Mongolian Family Style Dining

Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant is located near the cities of Monroe, Ouachita Parish, Claiborne, and Brownsville Bawcomville.
People found this by searching for: When Did Golden Dragon Close In West Monroe Louisiana, Crab Meat Wrapped In Bacon Like Chinese Place, Golden Dragon Chinese Retaurant West Monroe La, Golden Dragon Restaurant Ulan Baatar, Mongolian Grill West Monroe,La, Golden Dragon West Monroe La, Golden Dragon Chinese Restaurant In West Monroe, La, New Golden Dragon Restaurant West Monroe, and Golden Chinese Restaurant Monroe.