2100 Riverside Pkwy Ste 106
Lawrenceville, GA 30043-5914

Golden Palace

Cuisine: Chinese, American, Lunch

Golden Palace is a Chinese, American, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

• 6/16/2017

A diner from Lawrenceville, GA tried it.

• 5/09/2013

A dining patron from Lawrenceville, GA tried it.

• 5/08/2013

A Chinese food lover from US tried it and liked it.

CptnValencia photo

CptnValencia

Lawrenceville, GA

Sad meal.

Don’t waste your time and money on this Chinese Restaurant. When I first moved to Lawrenceville, GA, Golden Palace was a hit! The restaurant has changed hands throughout the years and original management was superb, but now the management, service, and food quality are poor. I ordered the garlic chicken for lunch. The meal comes with soup, rice and egg roll. The food was not good! First the soup tasted really old, then the rice was dried out and old, the main entree of garlic chicken was awful. Where’s the chicken? Tons of vegetables in a brown sauce with chicken bits. The egg roll was okay. Did not get a refill on my drink until the very end and when it was refilled, it was half filled. What in the world? Also, the manager doesn’t like when you pay with plastic.

10. Garlic Chicken Lunch Special

Where’s the chicken? Lots of vegetables in a garlic brown sauce with chicken bits.

sinobi photo

sinobi

Grayson, GA

scene behind the restaurant

I am writing this review because one of my friend who had worked in that restaurant as a waiter before told me exactly what he saw in the restaurant kitchen during his working period. For real i had never went to this restaurant but i had left a deep impression for this golden palace in cumming GA and my friend only worked for a week there.

First, my friend told me that boss threat him very bad and always scolded him in high voice tune and even in bad words. The chef told my friend when they were having chat during one of the noon since they are not busy by that time. There was a case this restaurant got complaint from customer because they saw one of the Mexican worker didn’t wash his hand after he used the restroom.

Second and this is the real thing happened on my friend, there was a time when he tried to refill the wonton which had stored in the refrigerator room in a white plastic bucket, he accidentally drop out one or two wonton to the floor. For his common sense, he tried to throw the wontons away since it was already dirty, but one of the Mexican worker stopped him. He told my friend the bos will be upset if you throw it away so he just grab that wonton from my friend’s hand, flush it with water and throw inside the bucket again. For my own, i will definitely not going to eat that even if he had wash with fluids.

Even for the fried noodle which for serving the soup, he told me that whenever there’s customers who cannot finish and left two third of the amount of fried noodle in the bowl, the boss ask my friend to put them back and mix with the newly made fried noodle. So they will take that “mixed fried noodle” for customer with a new bowl. I am not so sure if other restaurant will do the same thing. That’s is disgusting for me.

Actually there’s still many more interesting story i had heard bout this restaurant from my friend, but i think that’s long enough for the comment here. So my rate for this restaurant will be actually less than one star. Anyway that’s just my opinion based on what i had heard from my friend. I hope my words will not affect your choice if you think you’re going to try this restaurant out, but not for me.

Chinese American Lunch

Golden Palace  Restaurant Reviews

Golden Palace is located near the cities of Gwinnett County.
People found this by searching for: Golden Palace Riverside, Golden Palace Lawrenceville, The Golden Palace Riverside Place, Golden Palace Ii Lawrenceville Ga, Golden Palace Riverside Parkway, Golden Palace Lawrenceville Ga, and Golden Palace Lawrenceville Ga Menu.