Golden Peacock Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Chinatown
Cuisine: Szechwan, Cantonese, American

Golden Peacock Restaurant is a Szechwan, Cantonese, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

kevinchan763 photo

kevinchan763

Alameda, CA

5 Stars! Chinese Food in Oakland, CA!

My Boyfriend and I come all the way from Chico, Ca for this food, we crave it and frequently make the trip to the bay area with no other motive then to visit the sweet little lady that works in there and the wonderful food she serves us… The Egg Foo Young and the pot stickers with her special sauce is the best thing on the menu as far as I’m concerned… Love love love it!

ryanli2033 photo

ryanli2033

Oakland, CA

Best Chinese Restaurant in Oakland Chinatown!

I decided to stop by and try this restaurant because I’ve heard that a lot of police officers and government workers like to dine here. My co-workers kept convincing that this is a must-try place.

So I came to the Peacock for lunch on Thursday afternoon. The place was nearly full, I ended up sharing a table with a couple that sat on the back end table.

The lady came to take my order was nice and helpful. She introduced me to the restaurant’s most popular entrees and she offered to make substitutions for me as well.

I find the ambiance of this restaurant to be very appealing. It just smells so good.
I ordered the Mixed Vegetables Fish Fillet with Chow Mein. It came with Hot & Sour Soup and an egg roll for appetizers.

My company is near the Oakland City Hall. I just learned that the Peacock does catering. I think this place will become my new spot in Oakland Chinatown.

Thus, Golden Peacock exceeds the average expectations and it warrants this 5-STAR rating easily.

Shanghai Chicken

Excellent!

July 13, 2009

decent

Decent food here. The buffet has a good spread though. Enjoyed the paneer. It is not going there all the time but good enough for once in a while. The Roti could have been better.

6/24/2017

A dining patron from Berkeley, CA tried Shogun Japanese Sushi and Grill in Grand Lake, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/21/2017

A Middle Eastern food lover from Canoga Park, CA tried Reem's, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
HORRIBLE Service .
6/18/2017

A diner from Oakland, CA tried Noodle Theory in Rockridge.

6/16/2017

A dining patron from Oakland, CA tried Seawolf, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great Bloody Mary's, wings and chicken sandwich
Cons
Wait staff was very friendly but did get orders confused between tables
6/11/2017

A Chinese chowhound from US tried LY Luck Restaurant in Upper Dimond.

6/09/2017

A diner from US tried Cafe Valerian in Piedmont Avenue and liked it. They liked the food.

6/08/2017

A Brunch food lover from Berkeley, CA tried Crepevine in Rockridge.

6/07/2017

A diner from Oakland, CA tried Mr. Green Bubble in Piedmont Avenue.

6/06/2017

A dining patron from Walnut Creek, CA tried Annie's Deli in Uptown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/29/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Hayward, CA tried New Big Daddy's Chinese Restaurant in Mosswood.

Golden Peacock Restaurant Chinese Food Oakland Chinatown

Golden Peacock Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Golden Peacock Restaurant is located near the cities of Emeryville, Piedmont, Rockridge, and Alameda.
People found this by searching for: Golden Peacock Restaurant, Golden Peacock Restaurant Oakland, Golden Peacock Restaurant Yelp Oakland, Golden Peacock Restaurant Oakland Ca, Golden Peacock Oakland, and Golden Peacock Restaurant Oakland Yelp.