11489 South St
Cerritos, CA 90703-6600

Goldilocks Bakeshop & Restaurant

Neighborhoods: ABC
Cuisine: Bakeries, Filipino, Lunch

Goldilocks Bakeshop & Restaurant is a Bakeries, Filipino, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid less than $10.

Overall
  • 8/29/2018

A Bakeries chowhound from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/03/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

• 2/11/2015

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 11/05/2014

A Bakeries chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 9/13/2013

A Bakeries chowhound from Central District, 00 tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/26/2013

A dining patron from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 5/01/2013

A Bakeries food lover from Hermosa Beach, CA tried it and liked it.

mgpinkish photo

mgpinkish

Cerritos, CA

"Known" for their bakery

Food is mediocre at Goldilocks. The problem with this judgment of mine however is that I tasted their food back when they were housed in Artesia. It’s possible that their food tastes a lot better now that they’re housed in Cerritos. I unfortunately don’t intend on trying their food again though with an exception to their bakery items. The bakery seems to be what most people go to Goldilocks for and seems to be what Goldilocks is known for. The problem is they seem to have cheapened the ingredients used in their baked goods. Bummer, but then again, what do you expect in a world that feeds off of highly processed food?

Their biscotti is good. I admit that I used to be an addict of their biscotti. I however ended my addiction after connecting my weight gain with their biscotti.

I used to love their ensaymadas as well. Prior to getting addicted to biscotti, I was addicted to ensaymadas. There was just something about that cheesy and sugary taste I loved so much. It unfortunately was without a doubt an unhealthy snack.

They sell a lot of different baked goods. In addition to mamon, ensaymada and biscotti, they also sell red velvet cupcake, ube cake, sao pao, chicken empanada, halo halo and more. Most people come to Goldilocks to order cakes for a special occasion. Unfortunately, their cakes are no longer as good as they used to be. Cake ordering has also become a nightmare during holiday times as many will want to order and pick up their cake(s) the same day as you.

My mom and I had a so so experience the first time we ordered our cake with them. This was back when they were still housed in Artesia. Because of the so so experience, we have never bothered to order another cake from them again.

Although I’ve never dined here (note that I have dined at Goldilocks back when they were housed in Artesia), I can say that the restaurant comes off pretty clean and tidy. Customer service is alright. (I’ve had better customer service at other Pilipino restaurants before.)

The restaurant itself is located in a busy area (next to a supermarket and near Hometown Buffet on South and Gridley). There is more than enough parking and you won’t have a hard time finding the restaurant as it can easily be seen when driving along Gridley.

Fun fact: Some of you may not be aware of this, but their original location was on Pioneer Street in Artesia, CA. They are of course now housed in Cerritos at South and Gridley.

Fresh Lumpia

Their fresh lumpia was pretty good. However, please note that I had their fresh lumpia back when they were still housed in Artesia. If you’re looking for something relatively healthy and want to dine in at Goldilocks, you should probably give fresh lumpia a try. The fresh lumpia basically looks like a spring roll crepe, but it doesn’t taste like a crepe. To be honest though, the fresh lumpia was a little too healthy for my liking as it didn’t contain enough noticeable flavor. It was still pretty good.

Halo-Halo

Good. I would have to say that Goldilocks has the best halo halo. Perhaps one day I’ll run into a Pilipino restaurant that offers halo halo that tastes better than the one at Goldilocks. Please note that I had halo halo back at their Artesia location. I have a feeling that the taste hasn’t changed ever since their move to Cerritos BUT just a FYI. Halo halo is basically a dessert. It has ube ice cream, nuts, ice and a bunch of other things. It’s also quite colorful. You can eat it with a spoon and/or a straw.

Chicharon

Chicharon was the worst thing I ever had at Goldilocks. Please realize that you’re not getting chicharon to be placed in soup when you order a Goldilocks’ chicharon. You’re actually getting the real deal chicharon and if you’re not a fan of pork/grease or just plain out never had the real deal chicharon before, be cautious when contemplating on ordering chicharon at Goldilocks. Also note that no one in my family found Goldilock’s chicharon to be appetizing whatsoever. Pork lovers on the other hand might find this dish to be a treat. Again, please note that I had this dish back when they were still housed in Artesia.

Ensaymada

What’s not to love about cheese, sugar and bread? The top part (where the cheese and sugar is) of ensaymada is the best part. I remember wishing Goldilock’s ensaymada had cheese and sugar all over it instead of just the top part having it. I’d give it four stars if it weren’t so processed. It used to be less processed and more fresh back when they were still housed in Artesia. Note: Ensaymadas seem to be something that almost every kid enjoys.

Mamon

Mamon is probably the “healthier” alternative to their ensaymadas. It’s basically a chiffon cake. Mamon doesn’t really do much for me since I like ensaymadas more. I do like how mamon is soft to eat, though.

Biscotti

Super processed but super good. They come in a resealable package. They’re pretty price. I think one package of biscotti costs $2.50+, although I am not too sure. Their biscotti has a buttery taste to it and is crunchy. They’re somewhat messy to eat as crumbs get all over you. I used to be addicted to their biscotti! I’ve stopped the addiction, however because I didn’t want to keep on gaining weight! (That’s how good their biscotti is.)

COMMERCIALIZED FILIPINO RESTAURANT

I know it’s not the most authentic of Filipino restaurants, but Goldilock’s has some really tasty foods that must be experienced. They have good pork’s blood (called dinuguan), which is very rich, but still one of my favorite’s. Also, they have great cakes here and their lumpia (vegetarian) is fresh and tasty! It has a homemade sauce, I think. Another favorite dish to order here is the sisig. It is kind of too fried for me personally and I wish they put more tender parts of the pork ears, but the spices make up for it. It even comes with an egg! LOL. The eggplant rilleno is another dish that you cannot go wrong with, except I personally do not like the ketchup sauce they put on the eggs!

Lumpia

Fresh vegetables in a little nice wrap! Healthy all the way =)

Bakeries Filipino Lunch

Goldilocks Bakeshop & Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Goldilocks Bakeshop & Restaurant is located near the cities of Artesia, La Palma, Hawaiian Gardens, Bellflower, and Cypress.
People found this by searching for: Goldilocks Menu, Goldilocks Carson, Goldilocks La Mirada, Goldilocks Restaurant Menu, Goldilocks Bakeshop, Cerritos, Goldilocks Cerritos Menu, and Goldilocks Menu Cerritos.