900 F St Nw

Cuisine: Lunch, Private Parties, Late Night

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

Ok food, but not for Gastronomes!

Not too long ago when my Daughter was in town on business, my wife and I joined her for cocktails and dinner and Gordon Biersch (GB) was selected only because of its proximity to her hotel. I must say from the start that this was the ‘loudest’ restaurant I have been to in my entire life! It beats the patron’s ears off like those who can remember Florida’s noisily notorious Kapok Tree and for those with kids, the infamous Rainforest Café! Although the place overall was nice in its comfort, appointments and décor, it’s very hard to carry on a conversation with anyone at the table – not to mention how crowded it was (fire hazard anyone?)! The food generally was only OK, not great, and if I didn’t keep the receipt, probably would not have remembered that we had their mediocre Fish Muddle (properly named) – as a Bouillabaisse lover, don’t consider it even close to a great stew! Also had the Lobster Crab cake (short on taste). We had the Chocolate Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake and Bread Pudding for deserts! No complaints with the choice of ale, GB has no control of the great Hefewiezen (other than its temperature) – my Daughter enjoyed the strawberry lemonade… but I must say that the outstanding dishes of the evening were the appetizer of Southwestern Egg Rolls and the dinner’s Sweet Potato Fries. I had been looking forward to trying this restaurant for a while either here in DC, or their location in Tysons Corner, VA. Now I am certain that I may not be back due to its eardrum shattering din, less than expected culinary offerings and the sticker shock of cost to value offered. If you decide to visit, I hope you have a better experience than we did. Bon appétit… elsewhere.

Online Ordering Dinner Lunch

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant is located near the cities of National Harbor, Naval Anacost Annex, Washington D C, Fort Lesley J Mcnair, and Rosslyn.
People found this by searching for: Gordon Biersch Clarendon, Gordon Biersch National Harbor, Gordon Biersch Food Menu Washington Dc, Pictures Gordon Biersch Washington, Gordon Biersch Pictures, Gordon Biersch Location Closest To National Harbor, Gastro Pub Menus Gordon Bierch Cal, and Zola's Dcgordon Biersch.