100 East 14th Street

mizzouatheart photo

mizzouatheart

Kansas City, MO

Superstar Chain

I normally do not enjoy chain restaurants as I find the menu offerings to be rather boring and low-quality. I have visited Gordon Biersch several times now and walked away impressed each time. Although it is a brewery restaurant with the requisite pub food offerings, it has such a wide-ranging menu and they execute these dishes extremely well. Moreover, the service is generally excellent and makes you feel that they really care about your experience.

I have tried very different menu items each time I have visited, and everything has tasted absolutely wonderful. I have reviewed the specific dishes as well. The seating is comfortable and pleasant and clean. A great place in the Power and Light District!

Sausage and Mashers Special

A German special on the menu, this dish was absolutely spectacular. Three different kinds of “schnitzel” or sausage served with saurkraut mashed potatoes and braised red cabbage. Each sausage was flavorful and distinctive and while I di d not taste the kraut in the mashed potatoes, they had a great texture. The red cabbage was sweet and my favorite part of the dish. I hope they offer it every winter!

Lobster Bisque

I tend to try a lot of lobster bisque because it is one of my husband’s favorite foods, and this one is pretty good. It is very thin but has the traditional cognac and lobster flavor and they add texture with some kind of creme fraiche drizzled in. I tend to prefer a little bit thicker soup but the flavor was still great.

House Salad

This is no ordinary throw-away house salad. They add premium ingredients like bacon, two kinds of cheese and candied pecans in addition to the standard tomato and cucumber. Try it with the lemon-olive vinagrette and it is a very satisfying salad. You can get it in an entree size portion, too!

Fish tacos

Fresh fish, with lots of great toppings including my favorite, avocado, and just the right amount of spice. The accompanying slaw is just okay.

Pulled Pork Sandwich

KC BBQ snobs will scoff, but I think this is a great sandwich. Nice sweet sauce and lots of flavor. And while living in Virginia I learned to appreciate putting the slaw on the sandwich which is also tasty with this one!

American Parking Lunch

Gordon Biersch  Restaurant Reviews

Gordon Biersch is located near the cities of North Kansas City, Kansas City, and Rosedale.
People found this by searching for: Gordon And Biersch Restaurant Menu Prices In Kansas City Missouri, Gordon Biersch Lobster Bisque Recipe, Gordon Biersch Fish Tacos Recipe, Gordon Biersch Kansas City, Gordon Biersch Kansas City Menu, Gordon Biersch Fish Taco Recipe, and Gordon Biersch.