110 N El Camino Real
San Clemente, CA 92672

Gordon James Grill

Cuisine: Seafood, Steak, Grill

Gordon James Grill is a Seafood, Steak, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

MsBLS photo

MsBLS

Lake Forest, CA

What happend to the gracious host??

We met our 22 month old’s Godparents for dinner and we were seated at a nice table in the back room (perfect and quiet for a child and a nice Christmas meal. Soon after we ordered a group of 25 were seated in the same back room. Since the hostess was not at her station I asked the man, who I thought was the manager "why were we seated in a room that you knew was set up for a party of 25 when you have several booths and seats in the main area that is much more quiet and we were looking for something more intimate. He basically said too bad. Then he came to our table and said that you told the someone that you wanted to be in that room even when you were told about the large party. Well, that someone had made a mistake. The manager then realized he had mixed up the names, his fault and we were moved. (I was wondering who the first rude guy was but he just stood around and never once came over to the table and said sorry for the mix up. Later I brought to the hostesses attention that the only working wash basin (the other had a not in service tag on it) was in fact not working and this man walked back with us. I was just trying to be nice… but then he instructed me that he was the owner and that if I would have just asked to be moved there would have been no problem. Guess at this place you have to know who is who to get respect. I told him that indeed that is what I was expecting when I went to him. Then he said……… “if you were looking for a nice, intimate evening WHY WOULD YOU BRING A TWO YEAR OLD !!!”. At that point I tipped the waitress $100.00 bucks (feeling so sorry for her having to work for a man like that) paid the bill and left. I will never step foot in that place again.

Filet

Good Food!!

Seafood Steak Grill

Gordon James Grill  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Gordan James Grill Menu, Gordon James Grill, Gordon James San Clemente, Gordon James Restaurant San Clemente, Gordon James San Clemente Menu, Gordon James Resturant San Clemente, Gordon James Grill San Clemente Menu, and Gordon James Restaurant.