Grandma's Soul Food

Neighborhoods: Walmsley
Cuisine: American, Soul Food, Southern

Overall
Pros
"The food was great "
"Good home made type soul food."
"Very good food "
"Great food"
"I love the fact that its walking distance so they like my neighbors. I suggest the coconut cake.....very delicious! "
"Chitterlings tasted great."
"Mostly Good food. Tastes like my granny cooked it. "
"chitterlings love then big portions"
"Great"
"The chitterlings were perfect & they tasted just like my Aunt Evelyn's :-)"
"Curry chicken and cake selection"
Cons
"The wait for food"
"Yoy have to order in advance. They make it fresh so it takes a while. Call an hour before you want to pick it up"
"Call ahead for carry out"
"Don't Need to improve just perfect"
"If you don't call in your order you will wait forever but since I live around the corner I really don't mind its worth the wait plus they are friendly and always apologize for wait. I agree with another commenter Mac and cheese need work but every"
"Macaroni an cheese has been terrible for years. Everything else I've tried is good. Very very long wait times. Usually an hour. Call your order in. One time I ordered a small and they still give me a large. Ended up having to pay for it. Not realizing"
"Wait times need help"
"Great"
"Mac & cheese needs alot of help :-)"
"Food takes awhile "
Comments
"No"
"No.everything is Wonderful"
"They are awesome! "
"Nice mom an pop soul food spot overall. Not really eat in (mostly take out because the place is small) the woman and man who own it are friendly and kind. "
"Overall good restaurant"
November 22, 2009

Never, never, never again . . . . . .

A friend and I went to Grandma's, with the intention of eating in, and carrying an order home. I placed my order and was told that my carry-out order would be ready, when I was done eating. When my eat-in order was ready, the young lady,…
November 15, 2008

Perhaps another day another cook?

Travelled 20 minutes waited 25. Pork chops dry or refried.. greens only seasoned with pepper. Friend had fish shes picky but ate it so I must have been good. Black eyed peas were watery. Grand ma must NOT have been in the kitchen. I was…

American Soul Food Southern

Grandma's Soul Food  Restaurant Reviews

• 8/17/2016 A diner from Richmond, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/04/2016 A diner from Richmond, VA tried it and liked it.

• 6/04/2016 A diner from Richmond, VA tried it.

• 4/17/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 4/08/2016 A diner from Richmond, VA tried it.

• 4/01/2016 A diner from Chester, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 1 star. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    The food was great
    Cons
    The wait for food
    Comments
  • 3/18/2016 A diner from Richmond, VA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/21/2016 A diner from Oaklyn, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 2/11/2016 A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 2/01/2016 A diner from Richmond, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

The Water Grill

Seafood in Carytown

People found this by searching for: Grandma's Soul Food Menu, Grandma's Soul Food Menu Richmond Va, Grandmas Soul Food, Grandmasoul.Web.Com, Grandma Soul Food Richmond Va Menu, Grandma Soul Food Menu, Grandma's Soul Food Walmsley Blvd Menu, and Grandma's Soul Food Richmond Va Menu.