1700 Douglas Rd
Montgomery, IL 60538-2100

Grandma's Table

Cuisine: American, Lunch, Soups

Grandma's Table is a American, Lunch, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great service. Good food for great price "
"All my favorite comfort foods and owners truly care about your experience."
"Reasonably priced dinner specials, includes dessert. Something for everyone. Housemade soups are killer. Always see a cheerful owner and staff. Gaming room too."
"Food consistently good. Great, friendly owner."
"Great service and great food!"
"Delicious food and coffee. Soups are Great. Love the gyro"
"Good service and food. Get what you pay for and more."
"family friendly"
"Good food prepared as you like it. Service is always the best. "
"Best food for the value of any place I have ever been"
"Great food, service and price."
"Yummy food fabulous wait staff"
"Everything is great! Love their croutons haha"
"Amazing chicken noodle soup, huge portions! "
"Great food"
"The soup is fire"
"Waitresses were really nice good attitude grest service "
"Our waitress Denise is amazing! She knows exactly what we like! I've been going to Grandma's Table for years. I love to invite my friends and family always confident we'll have great food and service"
"Great service. Delicious soups and breads. "
"A pro is that I get to write a review naming the owner "Pete" for his sexist and often outrageous comments to his staff. No women should have to endure this man (if you want to call him that) comments. This community should boycot this restaurant and put "
"Homemade goodness!! The food is made fresh -- not processed!! Homemade soups, breads, salad dressings!! Total goodness!"
"Excellent service, great food!!!"
"Good eats and lots of it! The homemade soups are extraordinary! "
"Breakfast "
"Good food good service. "
"Baked apple pancake "
"Something for everyone"
"Quick and affordable menu"
"Good service, it's staff associates are very friendly. Always smiling. Food, well it's really good & yummy"
"THE HOST'S FRIENDLINESS STARTS THINGS OFF VERY WELL. COMBINE THAT WITH EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE AND YOU HAVE A VERY FINE EXPERIENCE."
"Love there chicken soups."
Cons
"I had none"
"Its family oriented, not a date night location"
"Menu might be a little outdated? But I love old fashioned stuff so this place is still awesome to me"
"Huge portions"
""Pete" needs tonlearn how to talk to his workers he seems to get angrybatbone thin and take it out on his whole staff fired one of the best buss boys he had and cant seem to keep up with his workers the chicken is good but needs to learn how to treat ever"
"None!"
"Needs more sides"
"None. Service is excellent"
Comments
"Great food. Real food. No pre fabrication. "
"Great food and awesome service "
"Love the breakfast"
"Country fried steak is the best"
"They need someone that is friendly with all people & not certain people. Treat everyone equal with the friendly attitude"
  • 8/19/2019

A dining patron from Naperville, IL tried it.

• 7/13/2019

A diner from Oswego, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/07/2019

• 6/24/2019

An American chowhound from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/22/2019

An American chowhound from Aurora, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/28/2019

An American food lover from Plano, IL tried it.

• 4/27/2019

A diner from Aurora, IL tried it.

• 4/24/2019

An American food lover from Aurora, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 4/09/2019

An American chowhound from Franklin, IN tried it.

• 3/19/2019

4Krobert photo

4Krobert

Yorkville, IL

This will be the last visit to eat at Grandmas table 1700 Do

Two other visits proved we should not have gone back. Just a heads up, my reference diner was Grandmas Sally’s in Naperville Illinois. This was a real diner that always knew how to get everything right. So to begin, the table and chair were full of previous customer’s crumbs. Gross! The waitress brings you a nice selection of bread, but it is always a little stale. The waitress was friendly. The food is not good. Let me explain. My Mom got a Broasted chicken dish that was OK. The side was peas. To my surprise, they were canned peas. What restaurant uses canned peas in 2019? Her soup was chicken rice. I looked closely as my Mom was eating it. I saw ONE piece of chicken and ONE small piece of a vegetable in the whole large bowl! The rest was high salt and cheap corn starch to thicken. My wife had a hamburger with no sides. The burger toppings (I hate to even call them that) included a limp (full of bug holes) piece of lettuce and one slice of pale, non-ripe tomato – what you would normally throw out. They looked like the previous customers toppings from three days ago, I kid you not! I had a veggie hobo skillet. I pulled out SIX HUGE broccoli stem sections. These are the type of stem you cut off and throw out, not the stem below the flower of the broccoli, the stem all the way at the base where you trim and throw out. The mushrooms were CANNED! My advice is stay away from the restaurant. There are other diners nearby that are much better value and quality.

amm3337 photo

amm3337

Chicago, IL

I've been going for 19 years and wont ever stop!!!

I’ve been going for 19 years and wont ever stop!!!

Steak and Eggs Breakfast

DELICIOUS

American Lunch Dinner

Grandma's Table  Restaurant Reviews

Grandma's Table is located near the cities of Montgmry and Aurora.
People found this by searching for: Grandma's Table Montgomery Il Menu, Grandmas Table, Grandmas Table Montgomery, Grandma's Table, Grandma's Table Montgomery Il, Grandmas Table Oswego, and Grandma's Table Menu.